How strong vigilance guardian is in duels?

Nathan_Hanefort

I have never dueled for real in Swtor, but seeing those URC tournaments made me think it could be fun to participate. But after watching last tournament, i have noticed that there was not a single jug/guard registered, from like 20 people.

So does it have same troubles like in solo ranked or where do they stand on the dueling ladder? I understand that to cc during ED is not hard for good pvper, but otherwise in regs i feel pretty good on those rare 1 vs 1 moments (except ops ofc).

They're decent. What you'll find out when you start dueling is that most classes teeter on the edge of balanced and broken, and they toe this line quite well. They also tend to do this better than Juggernaut. A duel between skilled players can more often than not be decided by 1 or 2 mistakes / well timed defensives.

There are also a few classes with distinct borderline unfair advantages, and this will require you to pretty much always be on top of your game if you want survive and compete as a dps Juggernaut.

Ex: Snipers can't be leapt to, roots / slows almost never work on them. That entrench spam thing they do to get unlimited run speed and resistance to cc is obnoxious. Double rocket out is a thing w/blazing bolts slow. Chain lightning cc, warmonger being broken, saber ward ineffectiveness against certain damage types, endure pain removing health, and Juggernaut predictability are just a few of the things holding the class back. This list could go on for ages.

That said I thoroughly enjoy the class and I love dueling on it. Just understand that we have more shortcomings than strengths in this meta. You'll have to get creative if you want to win.

Ex: Snipers can't be leapt to, roots / slows almost never work on them. That entrench spam thing they do to get unlimited run speed and resistance to cc is obnoxious.

This crap drive me up the wall. Snipers are so ridiculous now with mobility that they really should lose their leap immunity.

This crap drive me up the wall. Snipers are so ridiculous now with mobility that they really should lose their leap immunity.

The Jugg counter to this Sniper issue is rage spec. I know it’s not as popular as Veng, but the extra gap closer really helps (the same on fury Mara).

What I think needs to go is snipers having “phasewalk”. I mean seriously, what F’ing genius at Bioware thought they needed that or that it was a a good idea.

They don’t need it in pve and giving it to them in pvp is an utter joke.

What’s next, giving my Merc phase walk or my Jugg predation or force speed. Why do operatives and sins need to have a “leap” ability to close the gap? They can already close the gap with stealth and roll and speed run. And let’s not forget the turbo speed boost sins get from utility choices. It’s like watching the Road Runner jacked up on meth.

All of those extra mobility, gap closers and increased speed options is why we have so much damn dysnc. The engine can’t cope with it and Bioware should have realised that early on when operatives rolling off ledges caused it. But instead, Bioware double down, then triple down and then quadruple down on dumb ideas and keep adding more of these things to every class so now everyone (but Juggs) are speed demons and mobility experts.

It’s my opinion we have so much dysnc and performance issues because Bioware have added all of these things. My wish is they would scrap the lot and got back to 1.2 meta and start balancing again from that (but no 1,2 smash monkey’s).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Snipers have very good mobility, but it still takes a lot of skill to use it properly. Only a literal handful of snipers are good enough at kiting that they're very difficult to kill. Most snipers are easy kills in solo ranked, which is why they're often targeted first if there's no pt/jugg.

Snipers have very good mobility, but it still takes a lot of skill to use it properly. Only a literal handful of snipers are good enough at kiting that they're very difficult to kill. Most snipers are easy kills in solo ranked, which is why they're often targeted first if there's no pt/jugg.

Thier tool kit are overloaded, selfhelas, CC umunity, crazy mobility, great damge.

Sure some other classes are too but 'it is not the way' to introduce more broken mechancis rather get rid of them.

In long run, introducing combat proficiency system made this game much worse and much more difficult to balance.

Thier tool kit are overloaded, selfhelas, CC umunity, crazy mobility, great damge.

Sure some other classes are too but 'it is not the way' to introduce more broken mechancis rather get rid of them.

In long run, introducing combat proficiency system made this game much worse and much more difficult to balance.

But if that "overloaded" toolkit doesn't lead to overperformance in ranked, why does it matter? Nothing about snipers is broken right now.

But if that "overloaded" toolkit doesn't lead to overperformance in ranked, why does it matter? Nothing about snipers is broken right now.

Translate that to 8vs8s and you can say many things are broken with snipers.

Balancing the game around 4vs4s would require having only one class.

If homogeneous environment is your thing, not to worry game has been going this direction for a long time now.

What I think needs to go is snipers having “phasewalk”. I mean seriously, what F’ing genius at Bioware thought they needed that or that it was a a good idea.

They don’t need it in pve and giving it to them in pvp is an utter joke.

The lead guy who does class balance is a sniper main. There's a reason that class gets more changes than any other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.