Opinions on force bound vs decent of fearless for yolo.

Raansu

I'm curious on what the overall thought is from others on the force bound set. I have my decent set for my guardian/mara, but I'm curious if its worth it to drop the credits to buy the 4 piece force bound set, less so for the mara maybe, but definitely for guardian.

I'm curious on what the overall thought is from others on the force bound set. I have my decent set for my guardian/mara, but I'm curious if its worth it to drop the credits to buy the 4 piece force bound set, less so for the mara maybe, but definitely for guardian.

My damage dropped significantly on my sentinel, but the group utility of the set is not to be underestimated. I switch gear before the round starts depending on group composition. I think it will be a life saver for my guardian dps, many times it is only a question of seconds until my FD is up again before I die as first target. Whether it is worth 80 million credits or not is a good question though ...

I realize this isn't answering your question in the slightest, but my take on this set is:

1. I can't afford it anyway. (Sitting at 50 mill)

2. I have no desire to attempt ranked (again), so I feel perfectly justified in running descent

3. I have no desire to farm up yet another set of BiS mods

4. This is their idea of fixing guardian dps in pvp?

5. I have serious doubts this takes the class from like the bottom of solo ranked to OP as some people here are claiming.

6. the concept bothers me. If you have a gear vendor, use it. Kai can still exist as a discount dealer.

7. The avengers game is getting close and my time with swtor might be nearing an (at least temporary) end, so i see little reason to invest in the set.

8. Finally, based on the level of outrage, there is some probability of the set being adjusted at some point, so why risk going broke for nothing?

I realize this isn't answering your question in the slightest, but my take on this set is:

GTN prices are absurd. I sometimes make them as well, and the profit some people make is just plain greed. I recommend finding a crafter, whispering them, and then offering them a mixture of matts and credits. It might reduce the price significantly (as long as the crafter is not an ***).

2. I have no desire to attempt ranked (again), so I feel perfectly justified in running descent.

I think this is a good point. In arenas, you can see the advantage of forcebound quite clearly. It is almost a must have for ranked. In regs... not so much. Expecially because the skill level in regs is all over the place.

5. I have serious doubts this takes the class from like the bottom of solo ranked to OP as some people here are claiming.

It is really a combination of meta, skill, and forcebound that really makes the difference. For example, in 4 dps games, as a jugg dps, with or without forcebound you will still be the first to die. Skill, of course, will be the difference between someone that dies fast and someone that does not. But in healer dps games with crossguarding, forcebound jugg dps is maybe the best class to bring.

8. Finally, based on the level of outrage, there is some probability of the set being adjusted at some point, so why risk going broke for nothing?

They already "nerfed" forcebound in their eyes, so it is unlikely they will nerf it again. Several weeks ago they "nerfed" forcebound so that it no longer applies to white damage. But, as many of us who actually play PvP know, this change doesn't actually change much. Most white damage classes (sniper, marauder) have a lot of CC immunity up anyways, so they never got forcebounded in the first place. Additionally, much of why forcebound is considered the best set bonus in the game was left untouched. You can still miss all hardstuns, mezzes, interupts, taunts, knockbacks, and yellow damage when forcebounded.

Edited by septru

GTN prices are absurd. I sometimes make them as well, and the profit some people make is just plain greed. I recommend finding a crafter, whispering them, and then offering them a mixture of matts and credits. It might reduce the price significantly (as long as the crafter is not an ***).

I think this is a good point. In arenas, you can see the advantage of forcebound quite clearly. It is almost a must have for ranked. In regs... not so much. Expecially because the skill level in regs is all over the place.

It is really a combination of meta, skill, and forcebound that really makes the difference. For example, in 4 dps games, as a jugg dps, with or without forcebound you will still be the first to die. Skill, of course, will be the difference between someone that dies fast and someone that does not. But in healer dps games with crossguarding, forcebound jugg dps is maybe the best class to bring.

They already "nerfed" forcebound in their eyes, so it is unlikely they will nerf it again. Several weeks ago they "nerfed" forcebound so that it no longer applies to white damage. But, as many of us who actually play PvP know, this change doesn't actually change much. Most white damage classes (sniper, marauder) have a lot of CC immunity up anyways, so they never got forcebounded in the first place. Additionally, much of why forcebound is considered the best set bonus in the game was left untouched. You can still miss all hardstuns, mezzes, interupts, taunts, knockbacks, and yellow damage when forcebounded.

Oh come on! You make it sound as if BW doesn't know how to properly nerf their classes or something! If they nerfed this set, surely it's been adjusted properly by now. I am sure they run extensive tests to ensure statistically everything lines up and the nerf isn't too much but isn't ineffective, either.

2. I have no desire to attempt ranked (again), so I feel perfectly justified in running descent

3. I have no desire to farm up yet another set of BiS mods

4. This is their idea of fixing guardian dps in pvp?

6. the concept bothers me. If you have a gear vendor, use it. Kai can still exist as a discount dealer.

7. The avengers game is getting close and my time with swtor might be nearing an (at least temporary) end, so i see little reason to invest in the set.

Kendra, if you are on SF and have the mats. I can craft it for you

I dove in on it and my experience is, not worth it if you're playinf dps lol. I kinda figured that would be the case, but a lot of times I die like within seconds of ED being back off CD so I hoped this would help, but the amount of stealthers in queue lately and guardian always being the tunnel target....its whatever for them.

Tank spec however? Totally worth it. Even if you get tunneled, the survivability of the spec is so good that its worth it, and I wasn't using a shield generator either lol. Probably should. Actually I don't know if thats still a thing using a shield with dps gear or not when tanking like that. I know back in the day it was.

I dove in on it and my experience is, not worth it if you're playinf dps lol. I kinda figured that would be the case, but a lot of times I die like within seconds of ED being back off CD so I hoped this would help, but the amount of stealthers in queue lately and guardian always being the tunnel target....its whatever for them.

Tank spec however? Totally worth it. Even if you get tunneled, the survivability of the spec is so good that its worth it, and I wasn't using a shield generator either lol. Probably should. Actually I don't know if thats still a thing using a shield with dps gear or not when tanking like that. I know back in the day it was.

Totally not worth it in regs. I can’t comment on ranked cause I’ve not tried it there.

Totally not worth it in regs. I can’t comment on ranked cause I’ve not tried it there.

I would never use it in regs. Decent of the fearless is just overall a way better set. Or are you referring to the shield thing?

Edited by Raansu

It wildly depend on team composition. In 4 v 4 dps I will often get focused first and Force Bound + Grit Teeth is not going to help much. In those matches I use LW first and maybe Cut to pieces second, as the odds of getting a second life from GT is near zero anyway. Force Bound helps a bit, but it's certainly not a game changer.

Healer + tank matches are a different beast altogether. FB is a lot more useful here and especially GT shines.

Take force bound if you are vs operatives, sorcs, pt's or veng jugg who is not kiting (crossguard heal games for example)

Force bound is so annoyingly designed because it gimps your dmg considerably but is such a carry against certain comps that it's basically a must take. It sucks to use it and sucks even more to have it used against you.

There are some exceptions for games when you literally have to carry someone in ur team who is on a very short timer and you need to just go balls to the wall with descent set and dps tactical and try to race the enemy team

Edited by Sharkii_boy

I did the plunge last week on my Sentinel, and in most games I have seen a 10-20% drop in DPS.

I am running four peaces FB and the three peace Amplified Champion so I get the WE extra numbers.

Although yesterday I was again to my usual average of about 5k in Combat/Carnage.

The utility works but do not accept to be thanked for it, and people will also complain that you are doing less DPS.

There is a lot of truth being said about the FB set. Is it better for overall dps - No. Does it provide a better opportunity for your team to win vs decent - Yes. Is the survivability better with FB and Grit - Absolutely Yes.

Remember, FD is your friend. Always blow this first. Utilize defensive CD's and stims afterwards to allow for a few more seconds to be able to utilize Grit again. The use of awe is situational imo but helps significantly. Blade blitz is also your friend, great escape which allows for a leap back in. Then 4 seconds of stun immunity.

Decent is great for regs but worthless in solos.

Also, I never considered using FB on a sent/mara. I could see it help a combat/carnage spec though. I will have to give it a test.

There is a lot of truth being said about the FB set. Is it better for overall dps - No. Does it provide a better opportunity for your team to win vs decent - Yes. Is the survivability better with FB and Grit - Absolutely Yes.

Remember, FD is your friend. Always blow this first. Utilize defensive CD's and stims afterwards to allow for a few more seconds to be able to utilize Grit again. The use of awe is situational imo but helps significantly. Blade blitz is also your friend, great escape which allows for a leap back in. Then 4 seconds of stun immunity.

Decent is great for regs but worthless in solos.

Also, I never considered using FB on a sent/mara. I could see it help a combat/carnage spec though. I will have to give it a test.

Ya I don't see any reason to use it on fury mara.