Force Veteran Armor Set

simimuss

Okay, it is the second thread on this topic and I'm probably becoming annoying. Sorry for that. But it came to me just now that this request should have been in the suggestion box initially (don't know why I posted it in the general discussion :rolleyes:) So in 2018 there was NVIDIA giveaway and subcriber reward featuring this beautiful armor set, Force Veteran's. Unfortunately, as some other players, I missed the chance to obtain it. And not having this armor have been haunting me for a long time. It makes me really sad that I missed that event. Would be nice to have one more giveaway with this armor for those who missed the previous one. Or at least to see Force Veteran's armor in Cartel Market and thus in Collections or in some vendor's assortment. Are there people holding the same desire? :) Edited by simimuss

I wouldn't say that I hold that desire (I got it back then, although your chronology is off: the NVidia offer was very late in 2017, and the subscriber giveaway, actually a redeemable-code offer, was in February 2018, to coincide with Valentine's day), but I would support the idea of running a similar offer.

I guess I'll repeat myself too. I'm fine with whatever as long as you have to pay the same $7.50 I did for the set ($15 sub for the set and speeder). CM/sub reward whatever. Throw it somewhere you can get free, not so much.

Only issue with making it a sub reward again, is like, so what about those of us who never stopped subbing? What do i get for my loyalty while you weren't paying to keep this game going? I don't really care personally, as most of their sub rewards never leave my mailbox, but im not feeling any gratitude from BW for my loyalty.

I actually won it from the NVidea giveaway (lucky me), then people WAH'd about it and then it became a subscriber reward with the Talon mount: just put BOTH the armor set and the Chiss talon mount (I'll grant, it looks too good on Agents) on the CM. That's fine, +1 Edited by Willjb

I actually won it from the NVidea giveaway (lucky me), then people WAH'd about it and then it became a subscriber reward with the Talon mount: just put BOTH the armor set and the Chiss talon mount (I'll grant, it looks too good on Agents) on the CM. That's fine, +1

Ohh, I envy you! In a good way, though :) How could I miss that giveaway??? I still struggle to understand it...

I guess I'll repeat myself too. I'm fine with whatever as long as you have to pay the same $7.50 I did for the set ($15 sub for the set and speeder). CM/sub reward whatever. Throw it somewhere you can get free, not so much.

Only issue with making it a sub reward again, is like, so what about those of us who never stopped subbing? What do i get for my loyalty while you weren't paying to keep this game going? I don't really care personally, as most of their sub rewards never leave my mailbox, but im not feeling any gratitude from BW for my loyalty.

You did not pay $7.50 or $15 USD for those. You paid ~$15 for a subscription and they were given out for free to those who were subscribed. Does the fact that I pay for a 180-day recurring subscription mean that I paid less for them? Or did I actually pay more since I would have had to pay for that subscription before the promotion, likely before the promotion was even announced, meaning that I actually payed ~$78 USD for the armor set and speeder? And we can not say that I only payed $13 USD for them as prepaying for a 180-day subscription comes out to ~$13 per month, because I could then say that the actual promo only said that one had to be subbed at a specific time on a specific day, and if we are going to prorate the cost of the 180-day subscription then I can do the same and say that you actually only payed $0.50 USD for the armor and speeder as that is the cost per day on a monthly, non-recurring subscription. Or can we just acknowledge that this is a fallacious argument and not make it again.

Also, OP, +1 on the suggestion. I hope they give it away for free. Better yet, make it a non-expiring, single use redeemable code that any subscriber can redeem at any time, on any day, at any hour for a free set of the armor and the speeder. Also, they need to make the armor bound to legacy (retroactively), so I can transfer those extra copies I have on other characters to the character I want multiple copies on.

Also, OP, +1 on the suggestion. I hope they give it away for free. Better yet, make it a non-expiring, single use redeemable code that any subscriber can redeem at any time, on any day, at any hour for a free set of the armor and the speeder. Also, they need to make the armor bound to legacy (retroactively), so I can transfer those extra copies I have on other characters to the character I want multiple copies on.

That would be the perfect outcome, actually. Thanks for your support! As both my threads aren't very popular here, I'll try to get BW's attention on Twitter :rolleyes:

That would be the perfect outcome, actually. Thanks for your support! As both my threads aren't very popular here, I'll try to get BW's attention on Twitter :rolleyes:

Message them on twitter, you might have to do it a few times, but hopefully they'll answer. I don't have twitter, but everytime I reply here I'll keep giving this a +1

+1 for this suggestion :)

Message them on twitter, you might have to do it a few times, but hopefully they'll answer. I don't have twitter, but everytime I reply here I'll keep giving this a +1

+1 for this suggestion :)

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate that =)

As usual, I don't support this idea. Appeal to pity is not a logical argument. Bringing back something "one more time" for me, might be "fair" to me, but not to the guy after me.

It's okay not to have everything. Some things are expensive which isn't fair to the poor. Some things are hard to obtain which isn't fair to the limited. Some things require RNG which isn't fair to the unlucky. Some things require being (or performing) the best which isn't fair to the rest.

I don't blame people for wanting things or asking for things, but I simply don't support the idea that if you want something bad enough that it has to be available to you.

It's okay not to have everything..

Some things are expensive which isn't fair to the poor. - Except, a person can make money to get it, sometimes

Some things are hard to obtain which isn't fair to the limited. -But some people overcome their limitations to get what they want

Some things require RNG which isn't fair to the unlucky.- Luck doesn't stop you from trying, and possibly getting it

Some things require being (or performing) the best which isn't fair to the rest. - There's always a chance to be the best, or better.

Bringing back something "one more time" for me, might be "fair" to me, but not to the guy after me. - except, it has already happened, and this could do, with the same ideas, restrictions, etc.

No reason there, what so ever to say No. If this was the first time someone had tried this, maybe then a No might suffice. But a precedent (of sorts) has already happened.

Personally I don't think any of the exclusive items should have ever been released, and we've already had threads going back and forth on this matter. But it has happened. So as I've , repeatedly said, someone opened pandora's box, there no way to close it again. All we need is a fair way to release it, and let it go..............no, i won't sing it, I'll be banned for life from the internet, never mind just here ;)

EDIT : Almost forgot +1 for this idea ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

As usual, I don't support this idea. Appeal to pity is not a logical argument. Bringing back something "one more time" for me, might be "fair" to me, but not to the guy after me.

It's not pity. It's just my small request as a subscriber. I guess I have a right to at least ask for it and hear the answer. Besides, why not fulfill such request? This armor is already in the game. And all I'm asking to do is to make it available. I'm even willing to pay for it with CC, if Bioware choose this way. In addition, it was even discussed here, that it could be done not "one more time" but forever, in order to make it "fair" to the guy after you.

It's okay not to have everything. Some things are expensive which isn't fair to the poor. Some things are hard to obtain which isn't fair to the limited. Some things require RNG which isn't fair to the unlucky. Some things require being (or performing) the best which isn't fair to the rest.

I don't blame people for wanting things or asking for things, but I simply don't support the idea that if you want something bad enough that it has to be available to you.

Again, I'm not asking for some massive things like new classes or story, for example. Besides, I'm supporting SWTOR by paying for recurring subscription and Cartel Coins, only on them I've spent about 100$ in the last months and that's quite a lot in my country to be spent on a videogame. Of course, I don't know, but I'm sure that it isn't a hard task for BW to just make this set available for all.

It's not pity. It's just my small request as a subscriber. I guess I have a right to at least ask for it and hear the answer. Besides, why not fulfill such request? This armor is already in the game. And all I'm asking to do is to make it available. I'm even willing to pay for it with CC, if Bioware choose this way. In addition, it was even discussed here, that it could be done not "one more time" but forever, in order to make it "fair" to the guy after you.

Again, I'm not asking for some massive things like new classes or story, for example. Besides, I'm supporting SWTOR by paying for recurring subscription and Cartel Coins, only on them I've spent about 100$ in the last months and that's quite a lot in my country to be spent on a videogame. Of course, I don't know, but I'm sure that it isn't a hard task for BW to just make this set available for all.

Both:

Unfortunately, as some other players, I missed the chance to obtain it. And not having this armor have been haunting me for a long time. It makes me really sad that I missed that event.

and

Besides, I'm supporting SWTOR by paying for recurring subscription and Cartel Coins, only on them I've spent about 100$ in the last months and that's quite a lot in my country to be spent on a videogame

... are appeals to pity.

Again, I don't blame you for asking. I just don't support the premise of this topic.

Both:

and

... are appeals to pity.

Again, I don't blame you for asking. I just don't support the premise of this topic.

Okay, I can see why you consider it a pity in the second quote about my feelings. Maybe I should have picked other words. But why the last one is a pity? I just explained why I want Biowar's attention. I guess it's about producer-customer type of relationship, don't you think? I like this game, I pay for this game. And by doing that I have a right for request and some feedback. Within reasonable bounds, of course. Can't understand where that is a pity.

Okay, I can see why you consider it a pity in the second quote about my feelings. Maybe I should have picked other words. But why the last one is a pity? I just explained why I want Biowar's attention. I guess it's about producer-customer type of relationship, don't you think? I like this game, I pay for this game. And by doing that I have a right for request and some feedback. Within reasonable bounds, of course. Can't understand where that is a pity.

A person who makes an "appeal to pity" is, in essence, saying "look at how I'm a deserving case and all, now please have pity on me and (whatever)". In essence, it's appealing to the listener to have pity on the speaker.

I missed the pre-order and the Razer promotion crystals from 2011.

And the missing titles from the PTS from 2012 (they already offered some of them anew last year).

And some of the cartel coin cards pets which weren't properly available.

It would be nice if BW could offer those items anew to whoever likes to have them.

(I guess you see where I'm getting with this.)

A person who makes an "appeal to pity" is, in essence, saying "look at how I'm a deserving case and all, now please have pity on me and (whatever)". In essence, it's appealing to the listener to have pity on the speaker.

This is the third time I'm explaining that this is "look, I have a request. If you think I don't deserve the attention, I'm a subscriber, it is fair". Besides, there are plenty of "logical" arguments provided in these 2 threads, besides my "pity". Gosh, I'm asking for such a small thing comparing to other people asking for SWTOR 2.

Edited by simimuss

And the missing titles from the PTS from 2012 (they already offered some of them anew last year).

It would be nice if BW could offer those items anew to whoever likes to have them.

There's no need to run to extremes. Do you see any thread on those things you mentioned? Nobody stops you from making a request as I did.

An appeal to pity, or argumentum ad misericordiam, is an argument fallacy intended to win support by exploiting your opponents pity or guilt. To claim anything the OP has said as an appeal to pity is to first show that BW has pity or guilt over only offering these items once or not offering these items again. As no such thing can be shown nothing the OP has said can be called an appeal to pity.

I agree. Bring it all back.

Edited by ceryxp

An appeal to pity, or argumentum ad misericordiam, is an argument fallacy intended to win support by exploiting your opponents pity or guilt. To claim anything the OP has said as an appeal to pity is to first show that BW has pity or guilt over only offering these items once or not offering these items again. As no such thing can be shown nothing the OP has said can be called an appeal to pity.

I agree. Bring it all back.

Thanks, ceryxp! Obviously, you have a better way with words than I do explaining my point of view.

Edited by simimuss

The pity or "guilt" is supposed to be created by the argument (sob story). As for whether or not Bioware's pity can be shown --- it absolutely can, if they cater to this request.

People tend to get a little bent out of shape when you don't support their request and / or arguments. Sometimes people need to be reminded however that there are other people that don't agree. Bioware also needs to be aware of that when making a decision based on a suggestion.

This is the third time I'm explaining that this is "look, I have a request. If you think I don't deserve the attention, I'm a subscriber, it is fair". Besides, there are plenty of "logical" arguments provided in these 2 threads, besides my "pity". Gosh, I'm asking for such a small thing comparing to other people asking for SWTOR 2.

You absolutely have every right to make whatever suggestion you want. You have access to this forum and placed this topic in the proper place. But being a sub and spending money on the game doesn't make your request anymore important than other people that also support this game.

Finally, try to consider that when a person such as myself disagrees with your suggestion, I am also keeping your topic active (near the top of the first page) and increasing the chances the developers may read your request.

You also mentioned in another reply that only your request (here) is being asked for and not those other things that another person listed. A little research with the search feature will show you the opposite. Other people want what they want and all the arguments for bringing other things back almost always contain an appeal to pity. Why? Because people know that works.

Why? Because people know that works.

Not really, pity doesn't work, what worked to bring the shroud chapter back wasn't pity, wasn't good will, it was all about how many more cartel coins BW could squeeze out of people. That is what deterimines what actually comes back. It's unfortunate, but it's the reality.

*****Plus 1 Support for this idea*****