Broken Emperor Slots

Bengartrell

Basically, the emperor slots are broken. You can't interact with them at all. They are broke. How? No idea.

I kept changing instances when the emperor slots were not reacting until I got on one which it was. Seems to be broken in some instances but not all.

i have the suspicion that these 3 machines are somehow shared amongst all the servers, instead every server having 3 machinesd of its own in every open instance... it appears they re occupied all the time... also from a distance they appear clickable (finger-cursor appears, but once you cross a certain distance threshold they become occupied / unclickable again Edited by Dimitir

i have the suspicion that these 3 machines are somehow shared amongst all the servers, instead every server having 3 machinesd of its own in every open instance... it appears they re occupied all the time... also from a distance they appear clickable (finger-cursor appears, but once you cross a certain distance threshold they become occupied / unclickable again

Interesting. Have not seen the usable at a distance but unusable up close feature. I always see it as a nonfunctioning deco when the problem is occurring.

If I messed up as badly as BW have been doing lately at my job, I'd be sacked. You guys seriously need to start testing things properly.

No company has a proper QA department anymore. They use their consumers... if only there was a special server you could test things on, that was accessible by individuals with a vested stake in the game. Almost like a server that was available to your subscriber public that you could test things on...

Nah that makes no sense, even if a company did something weird like that, how could they even be able to read and acknowledge said criticisms and reports without some public messaging system... like an open forum or something, made specifically for said server made for testing by the subscriber public.

No company has a proper QA department anymore. They use their consumers... if only there was a special server you could test things on, that was accessible by individuals with a vested stake in the game. Almost like a server that was available to your subscriber public that you could test things on...

Nah that makes no sense, even if a company did something weird like that, how could they even be able to read and acknowledge said criticisms and reports without some public messaging system... like an open forum or something, made specifically for said server made for testing by the subscriber public.

What a fantastic idea, I wonder if we could get BW to listen and follow it ..................... /sigh

Shan Server is Broken for this new slot machine, All instances, was working day one, we watched as each instance failed one by one, COULD BE the same issue set down by CRAFTING RESOURCES in STRONGHOLDS/GUILDHOMES/GUILDSHIPS the decorations themselves can be farmed near 77 times and have to be picked up and re-set down for you to farm them again... Strange OVERUSE bug deal... The new slot should have the same code like the Smuggler/Kingpin Slots to be able to be used over and over...

ALL INSTANCES Broke on Shan Server since day 1 of the event, before Noon PST.

it's bad enough when they intentionally bypass PTS for Reasons™... One would be hoping they would at least have their own people playing /testing the 'surprise content additions' for developing issues, but I guess even their own folks got tired of the migration of trash/troll chat from DK/Fleet to NS and had to log out...

Did they not have an issue before with slot machines that stopped working after a certain condition was triggered? I remember people kept switching instances to find working ones.

Can't remember what the issue was, but it was for the regular smuggler machines of the event.

Two new events, both with critical bugs that prevent full participation or mission completion.

Hopefully the re-release of the Swoop Races will have fixes.

Since they didn't fix any Nightlife bugs with today's patch, which I confirmed in-game, I'll be satisfied as long as they extend or re-launch Nightlife for a second, bug-free run.

NOTE: Some people are able to use the slot or complete the mission, if they're lucky when they zone in.

EDIT: Everyone's complaining that the Emperor slot nearest the taxi doesn't work. The one near the back works if you zone in just right, and if nobody else has clicked it recently. The upstairs one is working better, so there's literally a line of people waiting to use it.

EDIT #2: As the instances are getting more crowded, more people are saying the Emperor machine is unclickable.

EDIT #3: By 9am PST, mission and Emperor slot fully broken again. They seem to be linked to how many people are in the instance. People who logged in right after the server came up had no problems, people who logged in 30 minutes later had to hop instances, an hour later it's all shut down again.

See, if all 3 slots were decorations, we could spread out to strongholds and not overcrowd these things...

Edited by Xina_LA

I mean there was a public test server for the patch, there was even a post for nightlife event for the pts, but no one reported on the bugs. Not even the players caught the bugs, most likely not enough people were on the nightlife event, for the bug to be discovered.

Link for evidence

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979499

Edited by commanderwar

I managed to break an emperor slot machine:

Nobody else at the machine; I clicked it for the first time, and it started to spin but didn't take a chip, then I got the credits-effect that plays when you win certificates, and the machine no longer worked. No messages in chat.

Maybe a lag issue, where the server didn't catch who used the machine, and now the machine is stuck between spinning and giving out the prize?

Edited by Mubrak

it's bad enough when they intentionally bypass PTS for Reasons™... One would be hoping they would at least have their own people playing /testing the 'surprise content additions' for developing issues, but I guess even their own folks got tired of the migration of trash/troll chat from DK/Fleet to NS and had to log out...

dang, just spit tea all over my screen laughing at this.....there is noone there that plays this game, least of all the devs ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the different reports concerning the Emperor's Grace Slot and Kingpin Slot machines.

The information provided was transferred to our team. We will update you when we have more information.

Can we have an update? :rak_confused:

They are still not functional. Ingame reports of 3 coins per instance working, which is hearsay.

Can we have an update? :rak_confused:

They are still not functional. Ingame reports of 3 coins per instance working, which is hearsay.

It's fairly reliable hearsay, and suggests strongly that it's one per machine, given that there are three machines. (The third one is upstairs, almost directly above the "front" machine.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.