LGTBQ+ Story Line

sithvaullt

The community from what we've seen seems you feel strongly about LGTBQ+ and you've also brought back companions that we can romance same sex. Some of us were hoping perhaps if it's possible to make the original Storyline possible to romance them back then as well. For example Kira, same romance story as Male but with female, same goes with the others companions. We feel like it's a wasted opportunity that we're not able to :(

We hope you take this into consideration!

No real chance of this happening.

They have not demonstrated any inclination to do anything with the base game, especially things that involves work (ex. new voice work. Talking about having kids would be more than a little weird)

Not to mention the **** show that would ensue as the result of changing the sexual orientation of established characters. This is a can of worms i seriously doubt BW would be inclined to open.

Edited by MadDutchman

Has been brought up before, but it usually it comes down to the fact they can't retcon old content, as the engine isn't great, and the code is a mess. It would be either impossible to do, or just so time consumning it would knock back other content for too long. Unfortunately BW don't have the resources for this, so the community will only get the LGTBQ+ options from Kotet onwards.

As much as I would love for this to happen it never will. It is really annoying having to wait until Makeb, at the earliest, to be able to flirt (because all of my characters are LGBTQ). One suggestion I had was to add a brand new companion (two, actually) that can join your character on the fleet station as early as level 10, that would be player-sexual, would show up on your ship, would have their own story, and possibly even have some story missions. Two so there would be a male and a female companion. They could even be exclusive.

My thoughts for the male companion are a Force user. Perhaps a Jedi or Sith that has turned away from their old order and walks a more neutral path (I am leaning Jedi, though, since there are no male Jedi LI's). A Jolee Bindo type character. They could even be a non-Jedi or Sith Force user. There are several non-Jedi and Sith Force using cultures in the galaxy. This would fill the void of a male Force using love interest and go a little way toward balancing the scales of Force using companions. Yes, I know there is [redacted], but [redacted] is problematic for some, comes very late in the story, and has very little story to the romance. There is also [redacted], but they are class restricted and also only become available very late in the story.

Redacted names:

Arcann and Scourge

The female companion I am imagining as a non-Force using smuggler or non-Mandalorian bounty hunter type. There are a glut of female Force using companions, so I lean towards a non-Force user, and while there is Shae Vizla they are not a love interest and they only have story very late in the game.

If they did this then they wouldn't have to try to rework any of the original content (which would probably break something anyhow if they did) and it would give everyone an alternative LI option from almost the start of the game.

Fair enough points to all but I just find it as us LGBTQ+ Members diserve to have the same opportunities with the old companions :/ as much as I appreciate the old companions coming back as a part of the LGBTQ+ I still find it pointless now, a bit too late.

I understand why they can't do it but still. Sad.

My male inquisitor is still having a crush on Andronikos because being a pirate is his secret dream back in his slave days (but I want to be a pirate!) but since that's not an option I guess he'll have to move on to Khem.

Oh, and the 10+ year long UST between my male Sith warrior and Quinn has to continue. I don't know why they didn't make Quinn a romance option for the male warrior since the reunion is late in the game.

I understand why they can't do it but still. Sad.

My male inquisitor is still having a crush on Andronikos because being a pirate is his secret dream back in his slave days (but I want to be a pirate!) but since that's not an option I guess he'll have to move on to Khem.

Oh, and the 10+ year long UST between my male Sith warrior and Quinn has to continue. I don't know why they didn't make Quinn a romance option for the male warrior since the reunion is late in the game.

I'm just sad at the fact that all my female characters stay single in Chapters 1-3 cause I don't like any of the male romancces only Torian... only woman I can romance is Lana, i like her but it bores me to romance same woman character after character.

on Makeb, Cytharat is a male-only romantic interest... but lava gets in the way.

I didn't include him, because it wasn't even a proper flirt, it was forced, and badly written. What came later was far superior.

It is a shame they can't retcon stuff :(

Edited by DarkTergon

I'm just sad at the fact that all my female characters stay single in Chapters 1-3 cause I don't like any of the male romancces only Torian... only woman I can romance is Lana, i like her but it bores me to romance same woman character after character.

Me too. Torian is the only male romance option to a female toon in vanilla game that feels right to me (Vector is nice but I can't stand the kilick stuffs). Fortunately there is Scourge now so no more slow burn for my female JK lol

There are many female characters from Onslaught, I hope some of them will be romanceable so Lana is not the only option. More options is always good, even if it's late.

Torian, Vector and Jorgan are all great romances.

The rest of the male LIs, not so much, but I'd totally go for Quinn on male SWs or Andronikos on male SIs though.

I actually have the reverse problem, i dislike most of the male PC / Female LI romances, so most of my male toons are still single as i've already paired Theron with my main JK, Koth with a smuggler and Arcann with my main SW, and i don't like for my characters to have the same LI, Cytharat never came back and Scourge is only available to JKs.

As much as i'd like if they could go back and add the SSR to the class stories, i don't think they'd do it.

Opening them now is better than nothing, but it would've been better if it had been part of the game from the start, as all the romances added after KOTET received very little content.

Torian, Vector and Jorgan are all great romances.

The rest of the male LIs, not so much, but I'd totally go for Quinn on male SWs or Andronikos on male SIs though.

I actually have the reverse problem, i dislike most of the male PC / Female LI romances, so most of my male toons are still single as i've already paired Theron with my main JK, Koth with a smuggler and Arcann with my main SW, and i don't like for my characters to have the same LI, Cytharat never came back and Scourge is only available to JKs.

As much as i'd like if they could go back and add the SSR to the class stories, i don't think they'd do it.

Opening them now is better than nothing, but it would've been better if it had been part of the game from the start, as all the romances added after KOTET received very little content.

How does Quinn suck on female SWs but would be okay on male SWs? If he sucks on the female PCs, he'd still suck on the male SWs.

How does Quinn suck on female SWs but would be okay on male SWs? If he sucks on the female PCs, he'd still suck on the male SWs.

Never said he sucks, the romance itself is pretty nice, i did it, but honnestly, he gave me such strong gay vibes the whole time i couldn't really get into that romance, which is why i've a hard time pairing him with a female toon, so as it is, it's clearly not one of my favourite male LI x female PC romances, while it could easily be one of my favourite male PC x male LI romances. It's just a matter of personnal feelings and perceptions i guess.

On my latest male SW he even had a line at the end of the companion convo that sounded a lot like he wanted to have children with him, among other lines that sounded somewhat ambiguous. I really think he was intended to be available to both genders at first, but that was changed before release. And he's not the only one in this situation, some other LIs have really ambiguous non romance dialogues with PC of the same gender as them.

Add to that that i really don't like DS Jaesa and Vette is really not my favourite, and i'd really rather romance Quinn on my male SW than any other of his crew members. And my BT3 female SW really looks better with Arcann, who is slightly taller and more muscular, than with Quinn, and she shrank every time they kissed which was weird, while she doesn't have this issue with Arcann.

Other than that anyone is free to do what they want.

If you think he's great with a woman go for it, i'd personnally rather romance him with a male toon if it was an option, which i hope it'll be at some point, but if he becomes an option now for male tooons, that'll never be really satisfying as he'll never receive much romance content now, and i'd have loved that romance with a dude during the class stories.

I like Theron, Arcann, Lana and Koth more with female toons than with males, but still think it's good they're available to both genders, that way anyone can pair them with the character who they think suits them the best, but except for Theron and even more so Lana, all the LIs available as SSR don't have that much content.

So having these options with the class companions from the start would've been a much better option than adding them now, even if adding them now is still better than nothing.

The community from what we've seen seems you feel strongly about LGTBQ+ and you've also brought back companions that we can romance same sex. Some of us were hoping perhaps if it's possible to make the original Storyline possible to romance them back then as well. For example Kira, same romance story as Male but with female, same goes with the others companions. We feel like it's a wasted opportunity that we're not able to :(

We hope you take this into consideration!

Bioware is all about supporting LGTBQ+ Pride, so you'd think they'd be all over this, right? I'm a fiction author (when I'm not spending time leveling my toons & decorating my stronghold) and I've offered Bioware my services to help out with dialog//story lines for all preferences (M/M, F/F & straight). Additionally, since I've played both male and female toons, I've noticed that there are far more opportunities for the males to flirt (in a straight scenario). EA needs to even this out across preferences, IMHO.

Bioware is all about supporting LGTBQ+ Pride, so you'd think they'd be all over this, right? I'm a fiction author (when I'm not spending time leveling my toons & decorating my stronghold) and I've offered Bioware my services to help out with dialog//story lines for all preferences (M/M, F/F & straight). Additionally, since I've played both male and female toons, I've noticed that there are far more opportunities for the males to flirt (in a straight scenario). EA needs to even this out across preferences, IMHO.

And they probably will even out the choices going forward but they're not likely to go back and change vanilla. It's not just the re-writing it's also hiring the voice actors (which would be the biggest expense) and redoing cutscenes (they would have to adjust animations for height differences and such) and fixing all of the weird bugs that *will* pop up.

It's probably not worth it to them from a business standpoint to go back and change vanilla.

And they probably will even out the choices going forward but they're not likely to go back and change vanilla. It's not just the re-writing it's also hiring the voice actors (which would be the biggest expense) and redoing cutscenes (they would have to adjust animations for height differences and such) and fixing all of the weird bugs that *will* pop up.

It's probably not worth it to them from a business standpoint to go back and change vanilla.

The only way EA would go back and revamp the original story line to include SSR romance would be if Disney put its foot down and said do it or lose the Star Wars Franchise license.

Not happening, especially with this on Disney's web site:

Creative Ideas and Submissions

It is our policy not to accept any unsolicited creative ideas or submissions.

There's no way to even lobby Disney for pushing forward the change.

Not saying that you can't try:

For questions or concerns about games, apps, and websites, please email us here.
Edited by xordevoreaux