The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New strongholds needed!!

what would be the stronghold of your fantasies? maybe a stronghold like a dark base in the planet of Mustafar, maybe a tree top base in the shadowlands of Kashyyyk or even a submarine like base on Kamino.

Tell me all about it.

Edited by sebastianbenavi

I would love a space station. I always liked Suvam Tan's old Republic space station in KotOR 1. I have two ideas.

I think a mini version of Carrick Station/Vaiken Spacedock would be neat. Picture the layout of the fleet station, here's a link for reference. I'm imagining a layout where the four quadrants have one inner room, open layout like current, and three outer rooms versus the current two inner and five outer layout. The initial unlock would include the center area (the cantina area), the four arms, and four quadrants with only the inner room unlocked. That would give 12 rooms on the outer ring to unlock. On the inner ring, where the lifts are that go to the docking bays, would be an unlock for a lift (maybe two on opposite sides) that goes up to an observation deck with a 360° view of space. I'm a little partial to having this room large enough to have a centerpiece hook in the middle (some smaller hooks around the sides) so I can put a Jedi War Table there and make that my Council room (I wish that table fit on a large hook, or there was a smaller version). Then on the outer ring would be two lifts that go down to a docking bay with a starship hook. That would be a total of 14 unlocks, so maybe to scale it back a bit have each quadrant of the outer ring be an unlock that opens the whole thing. That would cut the unlocks down to six.

Alternatively, they could modify the layout for the planetary orbital stations. Take Makeb for example (here are the Rep and Imp versions). Notice how that station has a large room on one side that the other orbital stations lack (the one where you do the cutscene). Alter the basic orbital station layout to have a room like that on both sides. Put a smaller room on each side where two of the ship zone doors are, the two on the lower level, and put lifts where the two ship zone doors are on the upper level that go to other floors. If the existing hanger in the orbital station isn't big enough for a starship hook (I think it is) then have one of the lifts go to a hanger with a starship hook. Or, maybe do a layout where there is a large bay on the two ends with four smaller rooms in the middle.

It would be even better if there was a way to change the space scene so one could choose whether their station is in deep space, in orbit around a planet with a few to choose from, maybe a few different nebula to choose from, or a star.

That's my wish list.

Now that they released the Alderaan SH i already have the SH i've dreamed about.

But a Zakuul palace could be nice.

And a "Commander's quarters" on Odessen, something like a big appartment on top of the base with a very beautiful view on the Odessen's wilds could be amazing.

Strongholds that would probably be in play would be:

Oricon

Kaysheek

Hoth (which was being announced the entire yr before alderaan came out)

Zakuul

potentially taris

Onderon

dantooine

space station

potentially mandalore (if we ever see mandalore the planet)

ziost/nathema

Ossus

Asylum

Places strongholds wont be in play for because they werent in the known galaxy or part of the empire, republic or hutt cartel until closer to the skywalker era:

kamino (it was known for a long time but dooku deleted the records but it would seem that it wasnt that well known either)

Genosios (i dont think we will ever be traveling there)

Malachor (probably because the world is nearly destroyed)

Mustafar (while it would be interesting not sure if they will do another planet like oricon or not).

there could be new planets entering swtor too that have never been mentioned so we could be seeing more of those as well.

Before new ones are added, they need to fix the old ones.

The control for the entry point mechanic for Alderaan is still busted, you still wind up at the default point regardless of where you set it.

The arrangement / placement of the small deco hooks on Manaan is just spectacularly stupid, placed right in the middle where you have to walk on the lower levels. What the hell good is that?

There are Geonosians on Tatooine, so maybe we'll go to Geonosis at some point in the story.

The control for the entry point mechanic for Alderaan is still busted, you still wind up at the default point regardless of where you set it.

Never got any problem on Alderaan.

I always log in at the arrival point in the mountains (which is the one i chose) and not at the default one, unless i'm login on a character who never went to that particular SH

Never got any problem on Alderaan.

I always log in at the arrival point in the mountains (which is the one i chose) and not at the default one, unless i'm login on a character who never went to that particular SH

The arrival points are not working properly for all strongholds. Only the character that purchased the stronghold can set the arrival point. All other characters will arrive at that point and using one of the other arrival terminals won't work. Character's that have not been to the stronghold will arrive at the main entrance upon first arrival, but subsequent arrivals will be at the point set by the character that purchased the stronghold.

* I am generalizing about all strongholds. I do not own Alderaan so can't say if that stronghold has some other bug, but if not then it should follow the patter as all other strongholds.

The arrival points are not working properly for all strongholds. Only the character that purchased the stronghold can set the arrival point. All other characters will arrive at that point and using one of the other arrival terminals won't work. Character's that have not been to the stronghold will arrive at the main entrance upon first arrival, but subsequent arrivals will be at the point set by the character that purchased the stronghold.

* I am generalizing about all strongholds. I do not own Alderaan so can't say if that stronghold has some other bug, but if not then it should follow the patter as all other strongholds.

Hm, good to know. I've no idea which of my toons purchased which strongholds, but at least I know where to start.

Thanks for that :)

• 8 months later...