Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid Missions

Pesztike

I said it before and I will say it again, these are fine the way they are.

First of all the Seeker droid missions are all soloable. The last one is a bit harder, but its possible. Only Macrobinoculars last mission really needs 4 people and as it was stated the other 3 people do not need to be on the mission, just find 3 random guys to tag along, its like 20-30 min of their time, based on how prepared you are.

First of all the Seeker droid missions are all soloable. The last one is a bit harder, but its possible. Only Macrobinoculars last mission really needs 4 people and as it was stated the other 3 people do not need to be on the mission, just find 3 random guys to tag along, its like 20-30 min of their time, based on how prepared you are.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.

First, finding 3 others to help is extremely hard. Second, if you manage to assemble a group, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to do it, due to bugs (read other posts in this thread).

Imo, that's far from fine.

1. You're not always guaranteed to get three other people, sometimes you can be lucky, other times not.

2. No it's not 20-30 mins of their time, it's more, it's waiting around time while you try to get others, etc.

3 And are you sure they don't need to be on the mission, as the one before it on nar shadda, anyone that helps you, has to be on the mission and the same point. Possibly because of the leap frog part of it.

4 They've made other H4, soloable by removing the need for 4 players to click buttons, etc. So why shouldn't they not do it to this?

5. This guys point

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.

First, finding 3 others to help is extremely hard. Second, if you manage to assemble a group, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to do it, due to bugs (read other posts in this thread).

Imo, that's far from fine.

Edited by DarkTergon

I will also confirm that I have gone into that mission a couple times using people that weren't on the mission and sometimes they can't actually click what they need to at the checkpoints. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The last time I did that in a pug group it took over an hour and a half. There's a big difference between a group of 4 that know exactly what to do and have done it before together and a pug group consisting of 4 people that don't know each other and a couple of them having no clue what to do.

I wish I could find the Dev statement where they said they wanted to address this (it was a few years ago).

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Going to abandon them and never touch them again, then. Absolutely no point in having them in the log for maybe several years just in case they make the last steps soloable, and even if they do, I see no point in doing all those steps all over again from the beginning. Not worth the effort, since I consider these chains among the most boring quests in the game so far.

Before you abandon them, if you have not already, you may want to reconsider. Yes, it is annoying to have those two missions sitting in your log taking up two precious mission slots, but if you keep the missions then you get to keep the mission items and use them to complete missions that require the seeker droid and macrobinoculars. For example, there are two bonus missions on Oricon, one requires the seeker droid and one requires the macrobinoculars, that can be completed with the mission item versions.

Before you abandon them, if you have not already, you may want to reconsider. Yes, it is annoying to have those two missions sitting in your log taking up two precious mission slots, but if you keep the missions then you get to keep the mission items and use them to complete missions that require the seeker droid and macrobinoculars. For example, there are two bonus missions on Oricon, one requires the seeker droid and one requires the macrobinoculars, that can be completed with the mission item versions.

Thanks again.

Will hold on to them for a while, then.

Hey, just an aside on this...

Can we still get the Scrapper speeder from this, or is that now available only from those black market NPCs on the fleet (in exchange for a mix of event tokens)?

*Frowns*

Actually, I think I picked up the Hyotii Scrapper as a drop from an enemy somewhere. It's been a while and it's not one I ride often, so I don't remember where unfortunately.

Can we still get the Scrapper speeder from this, or is that now available only from those black market NPCs on the fleet (in exchange for a mix of event tokens)?

Not sure to be honest, I know someone said it in one of these threads that they got them, but it was a while back. Had to get mine from the vendor, I've never gotten one from the seeker.

I have gotten 3 of those (BoP) from seeker droid dig sites (on the one character I have that already had 1, unfortunately). I got another one recently from a mob loot drop, but don't remember where that happened (it may have been Ossus). Dig sites are your best bet and be sure to use the GSI Triangulation Enhancer Mark II while digging.

I have gotten 3 of those (BoP) from seeker droid dig sites (on the one character I have that already had 1, unfortunately). I got another one recently from a mob loot drop, but don't remember where that happened (it may have been Ossus). Dig sites are your best bet and be sure to use the GSI Triangulation Enhancer Mark II while digging.

damn, it sucks that they are BoP :(

I got some parts for 2 separate GSI speeders, this week, but nothing for the Scrapper.

The Chevin event happened before i ever played, but i did get the Scrapper on one of my characters, a few years ago. I don't remember if i got it in one piece, or if i had to piece it together.

It doesn't have pieces. It's already a piece...