Crew skills reverted to 600 - bug or feature?

Styxx

Reporting similar experience. I tend to send out max companions on crafting missions just to get the levels up and in this case it was a conquest objective as well. I didn't even look at the max for the skills before sending everyone out scavenging, I just saw that it was at 622 where my other mission skill was 649. After they all came back I opened the interface to send out again expecting to switch and noticed that scavenging was now showing 600/600 and the other skill says 649/600. Before even sending them out in the first place I did notice that the mission interface was missing Level 11 in the drop down again, although like when the increased levels were first introduced, clicking on a companion makes the menu automatically show Level 1 in the drop box but the missions in the window are actually Level 11. How many patches have we been through since then and you STILL can't get it right??

Adding my report here- edited to add that I'm a subscriber, in case that matters

My grade 11 crew skills missions have gone missing, grade 11 is no longer available in the drop down menu. In addition, the two of my three crew skills, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, are listed at 600/600 when they should be 700/700. Only my Biochem is still listed as 700/700. When I first click the Bio and Diplo buttons, exactly two grade 11 missions will come up, but listed as either grade 1 or grade 10 on the drop down menu. Also, some of the grade 11 Diplomacy missions show the dark side symbol when completing, even though I am locked in as light side. After reading some other reports, I tried going to the trainer so see if the option to buy was available but it is not there for me.

Edited by lornalove
additional detail

After purchasing Onslaught training to re-level from 600 to 700 it seems I still know my schematics. They became craftable again once I reached the required level. So it seems if you do decide to train and relevel you will at least not have to suffer RNG again to RE schematics. Can anyone else confirm?

On my characters the fix 6.1.2a have resulted in the following:

Logging into alt characters for the first time in 8 days, confirmed on 3 alts, none have purchased the onslaught crafting upgrade:

Skills that was above 600 (600<xxx) - have kept the level and shows xxx/700

Skills that was below 600 (600>xxx)- now shows xxx/600

The one Characters that I had logged into and bought the onslaught expansion upgrade to 700, on patch date, have not gotten anything changed on them, even thought their previous level was 700/700, I did not manage yet to regain it all the way up there.

On another character where I did not purchase the onslaught upgrade to 700, and is 600/600 have no been changed, though it was also outside of the scope of the prior to 25th June date fix for 6.1.2a, so have to wait for the next patch for that character.

Edited by Couq

I guess i lost the progress then forever on all my toons. The time i will never get back, and probably the credits neither xD Now i have to re-level gathering skills on 20 toons, just because they were incompetent enough to implement a new change into crafting. Nice.

Half of my characters still have messed up crew skill rating - it's 600/600 from 700/700. Guess the last patch is actually a half patch. We have to wait for the other half who knows how long and hope that there won't be a third half ... Edited by nwhaxyz

Can anyone test going past 600 with normal missions and see if it goes onto xxx/700, or does it ask for skill to be bought?

It does not. Stays at 600/600 regardless of what activity you do.

My real concern is if they "fixed it", for all of us that have had to re-buy the authorization and re-level, what kind of compensation are we getting? I have 6 toons and 4 were affected. that's 6 million credits I had to dump and even more on the levels. AS A SUBSCRIBER. Where's my "We're sorry, please accept these cartel coins for your troubles"? I understand fixing the bug, but may of us didn't have the time or the patience to wait for them to fix it, we continued on. So while someone else gets bumped back to 700 for free, we are out the credits and time.

How will they make this right to your subscribers?

I know that for a certain time, there was no fees for gathering skills and missions to go from 600 to 700. Was this intented, so it is now a bug that we now see 600/600?

Or was it a bug in the first place that there was no fee for the gathering and missions skills to go to /700, so that it is now "fixed" and we are properly required to pay for the upgrade?

It does not. Stays at 600/600 regardless of what activity you do.

Much obliged.

SO, it seems they 'fixed' it by allowing whomever had it to keep it, but mandatory buy from now on. I am conflicted about what to think about this...

They apparently only half-fixed this. From 6.1.2a patch notes (emphasis mine):

Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value. Anyone who first experienced this issue since then will be addressed in our next patch.

So it's only fixed for people who experienced it early on and who already had the skill 601 and above. Those who had it appear later have to wait for the next patch.

But it's not really clear what it means for toons who had their skills below 600. Say, 400/700. It now shows as 400/600, does that mean that would be fixed as well, or buying the unlock would be necesssary from now on?

They apparently only half-fixed this. From 6.1.2a patch notes (emphasis mine):

So it's only fixed for people who experienced it early on and who already had the skill 601 and above. Those who had it appear later have to wait for the next patch.

But it's not really clear what it means for toons who had their skills below 600. Say, 400/700. It now shows as 400/600, does that mean that would be fixed as well, or buying the unlock would be necesssary from now on?

Here is how I read it: whomever had it past 600, will keep their progress (6xx/700), as long as it was 601 or up.

Anything at 600 or lower will always stay at 600 and will have the 500k Onslaught skill buy mandatory.

Could be wrong, but everything points to this.

Here is how I read it: whomever had it past 600, will keep their progress (6xx/700), as long as it was 601 or up.

Anything at 600 or lower will always stay at 600 and will have the 500k Onslaught skill buy mandatory.

Could be wrong, but everything points to this.

Yeah, without Bioware clearing up the issue that's my conclusion as well. And seeing how their "communication" goes these days, we aren't getting a proper answer ever.

Thankfully, I managed to get my crafters and their supplemental skills to 700 already, so they should be back to normal soon™. Too bad about my younger toons, but what did I expect?