Why does every Sith mission give me Darkside points??

Reeny

I always play my Empire characters as LightSide and almost never choose Darkside options.

Even when all quest options are neutral, i still get Darkside points now...wth

Is this something new?

I dont remember ever getting DS points for neutral and LS options.

Bizarre!

There should be a toggle somewhere on your screen that is a dark side icon and a light side icon. You get DS or LS points for all activities depending on which icon you have toggled. Click the LS toggle and you'll start getting LS points for all quests.

Ah ok thank u!

It is near the lower right corner where the minimap is.

This is lame...went through so many quests wondering why i kept getting DS points despite choosing LS choices.

Fortunately, this is just an alt to go through the initial class stories again, not my main.

There should be a toggle somewhere on your screen that is a dark side icon and a light side icon. You get DS or LS points for all activities depending on which icon you have toggled. Click the LS toggle and you'll start getting LS points for all quests.

Just one of the many little parcels of illogical anti-story stupidity brought to us by the Eternal Empire revamps.

The wretched thing badly needs a middle 'neutral' option, such that you only get LS/DS points based on your choices again.

Agreed. It's especially annoying to keep track of when you're a high level neutral character and each quest gives a lot of

alignment points.

Just one of the many little parcels of illogical anti-story stupidity brought to us by the Eternal Empire revamps.

The wretched thing badly needs a middle 'neutral' option, such that you only get LS/DS points based on your choices again.

The only problem with that logic is that Star Wars does not have a Neutral belief. Star Wars lore is either Black or White. They are always in the extreme, there are no Greys.

If your don't follow the Light, then your are Dark, and thusly if you don't follow the Dark then you are Light. There is no Neutral.

The only problem with that logic is that Star Wars does not have a Neutral belief. Star Wars lore is either Black or White. They are always in the extreme, there are no Greys.

If your don't follow the Light, then your are Dark, and thusly if you don't follow the Dark then you are Light. There is no Neutral.

Without even getting into the grey jedi debate,

Did you forget that half the classes are non-force users?

First thing I do when making a Republic character I want to go darkside or an Empire character I want to go lightside is press esc to cancel the cut scene. Then switch the toggle. Then talk to the NPC or click on the object needed to restart the video.

Without even getting into the grey jedi debate,

Did you forget that half the classes are non-force users?

Force users are either Light = Good or Dark = Evil...

Non-force users are either Good = Light or Evil = Dark...

It's all semantics

In the Official Star Wars Lore there is NO Neutral, no Grey, no Middle.

Edited by denavin

Force users are either Light = Good or Dark = Evil...

Non-force users are either Good = Light or Evil = Dark...

It's all semantics

In the Official Star Wars Lore there is NO Neutral, no Grey, no Middle.

According to official Star Wars lore, you're wrong.

There is also a video game entitled Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which you can explicitly be grey. I highly recommend you give it a try.

Have you ever heard of an anti-Hero?

Edited by ForfiniteStories

According to official Star Wars lore, you're wrong.

There is also a video game entitled Star Wars: The Old Republic, in which you can explicitly be grey. I highly recommend you give it a try.

Have you ever heard of an anti-Hero?

The Grey Jedi are a legend. The first appearance of the Grey Jedi is from KOTOR. The very first usage of the term, was in the The Stark Hyperspace War comics (November 2001) in which the Wookiee Jedi Council Member Tyvokka, uses the term when speaking of Qui-Gon:

"Jinn always does things his own way, always sure he is right, always incredulous if we do not see it his way. Some think he is a gray Jedi."

It is not canon to Star Wars. Grey Jedi is a fan creation and not part of the original Star Wars.

The Grey Jedi are a legend. The first appearance of the Grey Jedi is from KOTOR. The very first usage of the term, was in the The Stark Hyperspace War comics (November 2001) in which the Wookiee Jedi Council Member Tyvokka, uses the term when speaking of Qui-Gon:

"Jinn always does things his own way, always sure he is right, always incredulous if we do not see it his way. Some think he is a gray Jedi."

It is not canon to Star Wars. Grey Jedi is a fan creation and not part of the original Star Wars.

Um, hate to be the one to point it out, but Kotor sort of has to be "canonical" in terms relativistic to this game, also defined as "Legends" (thank goodness). Logical consistency and cause and effect are more powerful than even the dark side powers of Disney's creative control lawyers. Grey Jedi as a concept may well not be canonical to Darth Mouse's spin off from the original films, but they're canon to Bioware's spin off from the original films,

Yes, I'm treating "canon", small c, no implication of relative importance, merely that one story in the lore is implicitly part of the canon of another story in the lore, as distinct from "Canon", the capitalised form, a proper name given to one organisation's specific preferred canon of the stories they consider most significant and thus desire to be self-consistent, as opposed to "Legends", the name they assign to everything else.

Besides, this is somewhat divorced from the original point, which isn't so much "Why must I be good or evil?" but rather "Why is it that now, rather than it being my moral choices which determine whether I'm good or evil, it's instead a button on my UK which I can now, for instance, toggle to light side and then merrily slaughter all the younglings I want, safe in the knowledge my UI will preserve my place on the path of virtue and righteousness."

You wield one or the other. You can't wield both. These days everyone wants to have their cake and eat it. You sin or you don't. You can't blend the 2. They are diametrically opposed.

Exactly.

Trying to use both Dark Side and Light Side literally split Revan into two entities and drove him insane. That's part of the actual game's story. So indeed, you either use Dark Side or Light Side, but you can't use both. Revan proves that it will have catastrophic results and destroy you.

And Grey Jedi is a term that exclusively describes a Jedi that doesn't follow the will of the High Council. That is what that term means, no more, no less. Everything else is made up by fans and has no basis in Canon or lore. There is the Light, there is the Dark, they are a dichotomy in which either someone or something is part of one or the other, but can never belong to both simultaneously. That's the nature of the Force.

Yes, but still, the point is not that there should be some notional 'neutral' path, but rather that: "Apprentice, go and disembowel those Jawas for a laugh" is a mission which would legitimately raise your dark level. "Apprentice, go to the cantina and get me a salad and the newspaper" is not, and that under the current silly alignment toggle, provided that Anakin remembered to keep his toggle set to Light, he would have been able to massacre sand people, behead beaten enemies, and slaughter younglings with cheerful moral impunity, provided he remembered to rack up enough light side points mowing the lawn and washing the dog.

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering, and these aren't very nice, but remember, flipping your UI toggle to the nasty red triangle leads to the Dark Side."

Edited by RowanThursday

Being neutral is still very much a legitimate option, at least as far as the games story presentation is concerned.

One of you mentioned Revan, he himself will comment on a MC without specific alignment that they strike a balance within themselves. Add to that, that worlds like Voss, Odessen and Zakuul are basically alignment commentary. It's an entire theme in the game that the Sith and the Jedi might not have the force (or morality) figured out as well as they think.

Yes, but still, the point is not that there should be some notional 'neutral' path, but rather that: "Apprentice, go and disembowel those Jawas for a laugh" is a mission which would legitimately raise your dark level. "Apprentice, go to the cantina and get me a salad and the newspaper" is not, and that under the current silly alignment toggle, provided that Anakin remembered to keep his toggle set to Light, he would have been able to massacre sand people, behead beaten enemies, and slaughter younglings with cheerful moral impunity, provided he remembered to rack up enough light side points mowing the lawn and washing the dog.

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering, and these aren't very nice, but remember, flipping your UI toggle to the nasty red triangle leads to the Dark Side."

Well said.

No "light" and "dark" are not reality, they're what the Jedi believe about The Force but the Jedi are wrong. The Force is not a moral agent. it cannot be light (good) or dark (evil) because its not a person, its a mindless force. . Light and Dark are the Jedi's opinion not reality.Jedi go around forcing their will on people through The Force and refuse to see that's evil. If a Sith spots a sniper about to commit murder and force chokes the sniper to stop the murder that's not an evil act,

The Force is neither light nor dark its neutral.

Edited by RameiArashi

The sarcasm is strong with this one. :eek:

(I wished they would have more emojis here. Where is the rofling smilie when you need one.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.