Current health drops when leveling up

thebobmaster

After 6.1.1 dropped, and double XP started, I decided to make a new character, because that's what I do with Double XP. I noticed, however, that each time I leveled up, about 3/4ths of my HP vanished. I haven't been unlucky enough to level up in battle yet, but I would be quite irked if I were to lose a battle because I lost most of my health from leveling up.

To be clear, it's not the maximum HP that drops, it's the amount of health my character has at that moment.

After 6.1.1 dropped, and double XP started, I decided to make a new character, because that's what I do with Double XP. I noticed, however, that each time I leveled up, about 3/4ths of my HP vanished. I haven't been unlucky enough to level up in battle yet, but I would be quite irked if I were to lose a battle because I lost most of my health from leveling up.

To be clear, it's not the maximum HP that drops, it's the amount of health my character has at that moment.

It was that way in the previous patch as well for some of my toons in the 70-74 range.

They'd level up and all but die from a sudden drop in hp.

Died multiple times lvling up in lowbie pvp. Just about to kill some one and you lvl up up and lose all your health and they kill you instead.

Extremely frustrating and was reported months ago. The last communication I read was this was supposed to be fixed this patch.

Same, only started with double xp for me, haven't been outside of Coruscant & Taris since then but doubt planets are relevant. Has happened on each of my 9 levels today so far, so I've learned to plan for it. It appears this was an issue back in February, too looking through the forums. Based on responses it happens indiscriminately across level ranges, servers, and factions, but appears to only impact newly created characters. No idea if they ever fixed it and it's a resurgence or it just affects a small enough population that they don't bother

Update: I turned percents on my health bar and noticed the amount dropped is inconsistent. I lost 70% at level 23, 74% at level 24, and 60% at level 25. The latter two times i levelled out of combat and at full health, so no idea why there is a discrepancy there. I made another bug report to update them as well, hopefully details like this help them figure out where the bug is coming from.

Edited by BarlenKorovyev
Edited to update

This from a thread in the Bug's Forum

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports.

Our team is currently tracking this bug concerning the HP when leveling-up.

As mentioned in the following conversation: HP drops when levelling up, our team was aiming to fix it with 6.1.1 but it was finally delayed.

I’ll update you if I have additional information about it.

Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.