There are no such things as Rocket BOOTS!

RubyRiver

In the patch notes posted for 6.1.1 you guys have, once again, referred to a nonexistent item/ability. The ability in question is, in fact, Rocket BOOST, not Rocket Boots.

This is tongue-in-cheek and directed mostly at Eric who likes to call them that. :p

In the patch notes posted for 6.1.1 you guys have, once again, referred to a nonexistent item/ability. The ability in question is, in fact, Rocket BOOST, not Rocket Boots.

This is tongue-in-cheek and directed mostly at Eric who likes to call them that. :p

Give him a break, maybe he's Lysdexic

And given that if you don't have one of the right sets of gear(0), the rocket flames come from your boots (or from your sandals, of which there are a few, or the bandages wrapped round your feet, XoXaan style)(1), and "boots" and "boost" are very close in spelling(2), I think we can all be forgiven for enjoying the reversal.

(0) Or, in some cases, the *wrong* sets - the Exquisite Dancer top has backpack jets even though it doesn't have a backpack.

(1) Would you rather that we called it "Rocket Sandals"?

(2) In academic study of techniques involved in spell-checkers, it's called "lexical distance" and for "boots" vs "boost" it is very small.

Mako: I think it's time we strap on our Rocket Boots and junior-birdman our way out of here.

BH: ...We don't have Rocket Boots, Mako.

Mako: Well... what do we have?"

BH: I have a Rocket Boost... you disappear when I use it, though.

Mako: I don't think I like the sound of that...

:D

Kira: So, how are we going to defeat the Emperor this time?

Jedi Knight: I have a cunning plan... I'll walk up to him then do a high kick and melt his face with my rocket boots.

Scourge: An excellent plan with just two minor drawbacks. One, you haven't any rocket boots, and two, you haven't any rocket boots.

Jedi Knight: Suddenly, everyone's a critic.

Even though it's called boost, the animation in game DOES look like rocket boots. So boots it is.

Unless you have BH/other armor that has a jet pack on that will change the animation and the flame is coming out somewhere near the rear end. In this case it would be rocket butts. XD