Odessen Banners STILL too bright!

Sartonous

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly … I just gave up on this particular item.

Β 

Maybe I shouldn't have.

Β 

There has to be a "read me" file with really bad issues regarding lighting? NO ? Possibly not … but as good a place to look as any !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello swtor Team ...

any news about this bug?

Can't progress with 6 toons now bc of this.

I recording the storys to keep them but those bright banners are so terrible, please fix this or

take those banners away until you find a fix :)

Β 

Β 

PLEASE πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

As of yesterday, July 14, 2020, I haven't had any reason to go back to my base on Odessen but for the heck of it I went to see what all the hubbub is about this and um, yeah. those banners are WAY too bright! Huge glowing white thingamabogs glaring at you when you come in. Don't recall they ever looked like that before.

Β 

Seems like such a simple fix but I know it must be almost impossible for the one and only programer left at Bioware to fix everything, so who knows when, if ever, this will be addressed.

This was posted on 28 April. It has been 78 days and four updates, counting tomorrow's (which has nothing regarding this issue), and still no fix. If it is such a difficult fix would it be possible to simply disable the affected banners until such time as a fix can be deployed? While for some this issue is only an annoyance for others these banners are causing lag and issues with cutscenes.

Β 

Hi everyone,

Β 

As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware that the last patch didn't fix the Alliance banners bug.

Β 

Our team is currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately, I don't have additional information to provide you. I'll inform you when I know more.

Β 

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by ceryxp

This was posted on 28 April. It has been 78 days and four updates, counting tomorrow's (which has nothing regarding this issue), and still no fix. If it is such a difficult fix would it be possible to simply disable the affected banners until such time as a fix can be deployed? While for some this issue is only an annoyance for others these banners are causing lag and issues with cutscenes.

Β 

With every patch comes more bugs, but this one is the most annoying for me. Will this ever be fixed? Is it really that complicated to fix a lighting issue? or is there only 1 person working on swtor? just a singular part-time employee?

Just curious.

Hi everyone,

Β 

As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware that the last patch didn't fix the Alliance banners bug.

Β 

Our team is currently working on a resolution. Unfortunately, I don't have additional information to provide you. I'll inform you when I know more.

Β 

Thanks for your patience.

Β 

In my opinion, with Star Wars, story should always come first, and since this is a bug that hampers the story experience, you'd think it would take priority.

I hope they haven't forgotten about it.

Β 

It has been 100 days since their last post on 28 April. Whether they have forgotten or not they have certainly been silent. Their last post stated that they would update us when they know more. So either they have not asked or they have been kept uninformed.

https://twitter.com/Sanne_Leetz/status/1293847954919481345

Β 

Β 

😭😭😭😭😭

Β 

After all this time still no word, nothing changed ...please take these damn banners away if you are not able to fix this bug .... now stuck with 6 toons and bc of recording I can't go one with the story. Please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Hi Sartonous,

Β 

Thank you for the report. Our team is planning to fix this bug with the Alliance banners in our next patch 6.1.1.

Β 

Thank you.

Β 

Dear "CommunityTeam",

Any chance this will get fixed with the NEXT patch? It has been 5 months since this post and i would really appreciate the banners not blinding me and looking like trash. Thank you.

Sincerely,

A player who would like to spend a lot of money in this game but is waiting for this specific annoying bug to be squashed.

Dear "CommunityTeam",

Any chance this will get fixed with the NEXT patch? It has been 5 months since this post and i would really appreciate the banners not blinding me and looking like trash. Thank you.

Sincerely,

A player who would like to spend a lot of money in this game but is waiting for this specific annoying bug to be squashed.

Β 

Charles tweeted this in response to Sitara.

Β 

I believe we're attempting a new fix for this in one of our next patches - keep an eye on the patch notes! I know it may seem like a trivial thing to solve, but it has actually been oddly difficult to sort out the cause and address it.

Β 

You can see it by following the link in Sitara's comment just prior to yours.

Charles tweeted this in response to Sitara.

Β 

Β 

Β 

You can see it by following the link in Sitara's comment just prior to yours.

Β 

Thanks! I looked at the link but didn't notice the comment on twitter. "one of our next patches" Maybe we'll get a Christmas miracle?

This shows the lack of competence of the current SWTOR Development Team...

Β 

Its unnaceptable that a single bug is not fixed after so many time...

This and other bugs, have made me not the subscribe anymore...

Β 

The game is having a too slow development cicle... doesnΒ΄t worth the subscription pricing...

Β 

After reporting several bugs with no response of even fix, i will now do a pause.

Β 

Maybe at the end of the year i will be back... But even then i donΒ΄t feel that excited for this game...

Β 

Shame ou you Bioware Austin...

Β 

LPC

Thanks! I looked at the link but didn't notice the comment on twitter. "one of our next patches" Maybe we'll get a Christmas miracle?

Β 

:eek:

Christmas??? I really hope that will be done much earlier ...please! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• 3 weeks later...
Came back a week or so ago to play through Onslaught and didn't have this bug before, but now I do. Reinstalled with Steam this time. It's really annoying going in there every time. [been working on another character through the Knights of the Fallen Buttered Toast story]

Hi all,

Β 

As mentioned in this thread, I'm updating you concerning the bug on the Odessen War room.

Β 

Our team is aiming to fix it with tomorrow's patch, 6.1.3. I'll let you know if there is any change.

Β 

"The Republic and Empire banners in the Odessen War room have been reverted to the original neutral banners."

Β 

Sorry, but a revert is not a fix. ;)

Edited by Oeconomicus

I, too, am disappointed that they couldn't fix the new banners.

(Please tell the banner designer that they look really good.)

But, if those couldn't be fixed, reverting to the old one is much better than nothing.

Hopefully they'll come back and upgrade the new banner on another patch day.