The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware should do a double XP event so people in isolation have something to do.

BunsterByne

If you just want something to do, wouldn't it be better to NOT have double XP, so it could take longer?

BW simply needs to take this opportunity to add a bunch more items to the CM and/or have a sale.

Imagine all the Alts you could lvl up to 75 with double XP?... I mean imagine all the Alts everyone else could lvl up cause I know you’ve got more than me and I’ve heaps:D

Plus, if Bioware made new server slots much cheaper than they are now, we could all open a bunch more, especially for those who’ve maxed the free slots.

Some cheap server transfer would be good too.

Imagine all the Alts you could lvl up to 75 with double XP?... I mean imagine all the Alts everyone else could lvl up cause I know you’ve got more than me and I’ve heaps:D

Plus, if Bioware made new server slots much cheaper than they are now, we could all open a bunch more, especially for those who’ve maxed the free slots.

It's kind of funny that you should mention all the alts leveling to 75. I've been back about 6 weeks now, and when I left, the cap was still 70. In that time I've raised 16ish toons to 75, all w/out double xp. I've even done them in various different ways. I did some story stuff on some, even different stories, my latest operative hit 75 in SoR content, and my mara hit running Iokath Pt2. One of my Shadows did nothing but PvE space and heroics. A sorc did it farming up the new blue mats in FPs, and a combo of all of the above for some, depending on what I needed, including toons that are in various stages of KotFE. There's no shortage of things to do.

It's not like planetary stories are even necessary. Run the class missions, hit a FP, even if it's in Story mode. I've got a JK, a Trooper, and an Assassin that are leveling just fine through their class missions and FPs, maybe even some heroics mixed in. Double xp would be cool and all, but there's plenty of stuff to do w/out it to make 75 on lots of alts.

I do have 22 characters at the moment, but I'm not an altoholic. I don't feel the urge to make even more, although I would like there to be a new DvsL event using new alts.

At this time I only have 4 characters I play regularly - two Gunslingers, a Guardian, and a Marauder**. I also have 3 others that are crafters. The rest I've made for various reasons such as to get Legendary status, unlock species, and/or the previous DvsL event, and they're all less than level 70.

So, even cheaper server slots (plus I think I have a few empties anyway) and cheaper server transfers wouldn't help me any. But it might be a good time for it for those who want to start new characters.

But, a good way to pass some time would be to go cold turkey and start a new character on a different server.

** I might level up my Sniper so I have more options when the Imperial Guild wants to do things.

Bored af but not bored enough to do planetary stories on new alts.

Well at least you can walk around in the game and be around crowds on fleet. Which makes me question the Pubs and Imps manner of trying to contain the Rak Ghoul Virus. They let us congregate en masse! In fact they encourage it. Hmm...

Since I'm trying to get 1 of each class loyalist and one of each class saboteur through Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught but don't have enough level 70 characters I would like that.

However, the US Constitution does not authorize banning of the peaceful assembling of the people. The president, governors, mayors may advice against it but they may not demand it. If you choose to stay at home that is up to you.

I have to go to work tomorrow and I do not see my employer closing as long as there are customers. And we have been busier since this nonsense started.

I still have classes in my paralegal degree, though it is online. So I will not be bored, I still have papers to write and stuff to do.

LOL !!!

I feel your pain. Several years ago ( ummm check that … more like a few decades ago) … I had 17 terms papers (only carrying 16 hours that semester ) !! That was before we had the luxury of computers to help with spelling, composition … etc !!

Carbon paper for duplicates !

Do they still require heavy high end paper for thesis ?

Oh my !

Back on topic:

It would be cool if there were something "special" to maybe help with some of the craziness that's out there!

Me???

I'm finishing up the next-to-last room that had wall paper. It's almost ready to paint. Then we paint the bulk of the basement: entertainment room and the kitchenette... (the ceilings of both areas) .. Altogether about 15 to 17 gallons of paint.

PLUS … outside: refinishing two flower beds, cleaning up behind 3 areas where stumps were ground up (for removal) and stacking two full pallets of flat decorative rock around three areas creating/finishing flower beds and retaining areas for decorative red crushed lava rock.

Soooo … yeah ! With everything else going on … I'm good to go !

edited

Edited by OlBuzzard

Seconded. Some double XP and everything on sale on the CM

I'm not bothered about double xp - I see it for those who just want to fast it from 1 to 75 without having to buy the token. I'm a ridiculous altoholic (33 on DM where I play regularly, 12 on SF and 11 on SS). I tend to level from scratch (lvl 1) on my favourite classes (Trooper, Warrior) however on other classes I usually buy the insta 70 token so a CM sale would be very welcome.

So +1 for CM sale and I'll add unlock sale too please.

Well at least you can walk around in the game and be around crowds on fleet. Which makes me question the Pubs and Imps manner of trying to contain the Rak Ghoul Virus. They let us congregate en masse! In fact they encourage it. Hmm...

we need the crowds, we need the mass groups, do you know how hard it is to explode on big groups ......:o:D

I do have 22 characters at the moment, but I'm not an altoholic. I don't feel the urge to make even more, although I would like there to be a new DvsL event using new alts.

At this time I only have 4 characters I play regularly - two Gunslingers, a Guardian, and a Marauder**. I also have 3 others that are crafters. The rest I've made for various reasons such as to get Legendary status, unlock species, and/or the previous DvsL event, and they're all less than level 70.

So, even cheaper server slots (plus I think I have a few empties anyway) and cheaper server transfers wouldn't help me any. But it might be a good time for it for those who want to start new characters.

But, a good way to pass some time would be to go cold turkey and start a new character on a different server.

** I might level up my Sniper so I have more options when the Imperial Guild wants to do things.

And here I thought you were an Altaholic. I’m at 50 slots per server and 48 Alts at the moment on Star Forge and another 35+ on SS and about 10 in EU.

Hmm, new CM items...

How about a Naughty Nurse outfit? That would thematically appropriate...

Can it require that they be redheads? if so signed, if not... well still signed just not as enthusiastically :)

Definitely reds heads :cool:

BioWare has been way ahead of the Covid-19 curve.

Pretty much from launch, they've done nothing but encourage people to practice social distancing from the game. :rak_03:

So true.

“I may not be posting much after today. I’m coming down sick (flu like) and not sure yet if it’s Cov-19. I’ve isolated myself away from my family. Fingers crossed it’s not”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Seconded. Some double XP and everything on sale on the CM

You want a CM sale during a massively failing economy, when people are being laid off work by the thousands and are worried about how they're going to pay their bills? Sorry, but I had to LOL at that. This is the WORST time to be doing a big sale, and Bioware (hopefully) has the sense to realize that. People aren't going to be dropping $$$hundreds on thong armors and decors when they don't know when or if they'll get another paycheck.

If BW wants to make bank they'd wait for a big sale after all this virus garbage stabilizes.

LOL !!!

I feel your pain. Several years ago ( ummm check that … more like a few decades ago) … I had 17 terms papers (only carrying 16 hours that semester ) !! That was before we had the luxury of computers to help with spelling, composition … etc !!

Carbon paper for duplicates !

Do they still require heavy high end paper for thesis ?

Oh my !

Back on topic:

It would be cool if there were something "special" to maybe help with some of the craziness that's out there!

Me???

I'm finishing up the next-to-last room that had wall paper. It's almost ready to paint. Then we paint the bulk of the basement: entertainment room and the kitchenette... (the ceilings of both areas) .. Altogether about 15 to 17 gallons of paint.

PLUS … outside: refinishing two flower beds, cleaning up behind 3 areas where stumps were ground up (for removal) and stacking two full pallets of flat decorative rock around three areas creating/finishing flower beds and retaining areas for decorative red crushed lava rock.

Soooo … yeah ! With everything else going on … I'm good to go !

edited

Just regular paper normally but online just drop in the drop box.

And you sound busier than me lol