Save Flashpoint Progress (Part 2)

OrionTi

I’ve said this before, but flashpoints really need to save their progress so it doesn’t reset after being gone for a while. Why should we replay the flashpoint all over again against our will because it refuses to save for good.?! One time I wasn’t gone that long (15-20 mins) and when I got back, it was reset back to the beginning and I was close to being done. We have our own lives and can’t be chained to the computer for the entire flashpoint just because we’re scared/worried that the flashpoint will reset by the time we get back and have to replay everything all over again.

If you can't put aside the 20 minutes it takes to run a FP then you probably shouldn't have started one.

to be fair, people can get pulled away from the computer, or electricity could go, etc. Plenty of reasons why people don't get to finish the FP. It can be a pain in the rear to have to go through it all again, especially if you are near the end. Some FP's are worse than others. It's not an unreasonanble request, and i for one would like it , assuming it would be easy to do, without messing up stuff.

I’ve said this before, but flashpoints really need to save their progress so it doesn’t reset after being gone for a while. Why should we replay the flashpoint all over again against our will because it refuses to save for good.?! One time I wasn’t gone that long (15-20 mins) and when I got back, it was reset back to the beginning and I was close to being done. We have our own lives and can’t be chained to the computer for the entire flashpoint just because we’re scared/worried that the flashpoint will reset by the time we get back and have to replay everything all over again.

The automated reset time is already about fifteen minutes, and "save for good" would be a really bad thing, since although the servers are *big* computers with *big* storage arrays (fancy disks), they aren't *infinitely* big. (It's worth noting that fifteen minutes is long enough to answer a call of nature *and* get a can of soda from the fridge.)

Would it be interesting to make the timer longer? Probably. Should it be longer than a couple of hours? Probably not. Longer than "until the next weekly reset" (noon GMT on Tuesdays)? Definitely not.

Fifteen minutes is hardly enough time to relax and take a break from your computer/the game. It should be at least an hour, maybe more although probably not too much since the storage/hardware isn't that sturdy. We might need to eat dinner, relax our minds or bodies from staring and being chained to the computer for that long, refocus, go to bed when it is getting late, and etc. The flashpoint may take longer than it is supposed to or we thought it would especially if we are defeated numberous times and keep on fighting over and over because we can't log off without hating the idea of restarting it all over again.