Enduring Bastion nerf...why?

JediMasterAlex

Why on earth is Bioware nerfing sorcs before nerfing deception sins or concealment ops? This can't be a pve related nerf. Does Bioware actually think that sorcs are the problem class in ranked pvp right now? It just blows my mind, especially when we know that the gathering storm nerfs are probably still coming at some point. How can Bioware be this obtuse?

I'd love to hear from Bioware themselves on this, because we haven't heard any reasoning for this change, but other speculation is welcome.

Why on earth is Bioware nerfing sorcs before nerfing deception sins or concealment ops? This can't be a pve related nerf. Does Bioware actually think that sorcs are the problem class in ranked pvp right now? It just blows my mind, especially when we know that the gathering storm nerfs are probably still coming at some point. How can Bioware be this obtuse?

I'd love to hear from Bioware themselves on this, because we haven't heard any reasoning for this change, but other speculation is welcome.

Lightning sorc is the best dps class atm after oper and sin. And if lightning faces 3-4 meele teams they are dead thanks to lightning sorc aoe possibilities. It has many dr effects, pw and bubble which gives sorc more survivability compared to merc, jugg, snipers etc. However, sins, opers need nerf too. Sin can do 75k maul hits and vanish 3 times regen full hp, oper burst is also insane, marauders camouflage resets makes decent marauder nearly unkillable.

Sorc is one of those fotm classes in ranked which needs small nerf same as mentioned marauder, oper and sin

Edited by omaan

Lightning sorc is the best dps class atm after oper and sin. And if lightning faces 3-4 meele teams they are dead thanks to lightning sorc aoe possibilities. It has many dr effects, pw and bubble which gives sorc more survivability compared to merc, jugg, snipers etc. However, sins, opers need nerf too. Sin can do 75k maul hits and vanish 3 times regen full hp, oper burst is also insane, marauders camouflage resets makes decent marauder nearly unkillable.

Sorc is one of those fotm classes in ranked which needs small nerf same as mentioned marauder, oper and sin

Nerfing and buffing classes should always be relative to the performance of all the other classes. Deception sins and concealment ops are outperforming every other class in ranked by a large margin. Even considering nerfs to any other classes while those two remain untouched is asinine.

Furthermore, if they really want to nerf something about sorcs, nerf elemental convection and stormwatch to slightly nerf the chain lightning roots and the damage. Nerfing sorc survivability makes no sense whatsoever, because they are relatively easy to kill under proper focus already.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Why on earth is Bioware nerfing sorcs before nerfing deception sins or concealment ops?

You know why, they have no clue what classes are strong or for that matter weak in PVP. Are you just feigning surprise, or what, rofl.

With no true PVPers on their testing team and with their inept and inactive community management team on the forums it's no surprise they don't have a finger on the pulse, so-to-speak.

Just like the gearing sets, amps, etc., they manufacture tons of crap now toss it on the wall and hope it sticks. Here's to hoping sorc changes stick!

You know why, they have no clue what classes are strong or for that matter weak in PVP. Are you just feigning surprise, or what, rofl.

I'm not surprised, but on the off chance Bioware reads this thread, I want them to at least get an inkling that this nerf is absurd given the current state of ranked pvp. If everyone just ignores it, there's no way they'd ever even know people think it's wrong. And there's always the tiny chance that Musco or a dev might chime in with their reasoning, though the chances of that are obviously minuscule.

The better question to me is why are they nerfing ANYTHING before fixing the darned bugs.

Stacking set bonuses, tactical swap, etc... all that should be addressed before anything IMO.

Supposedly the stacking charges thing is being fixed in 6.1. And the vents are being fixed. Hopefully tactical swapping will be fixed in a future update. Concealment ops don't even tactical swap though. Volatile strike needs to be toned down. And maul spam needs to be slightly nerfed as well, even if they remove tactical swapping.

#RIPSorcsAGAIN

We know it’s coming. All Sorc players knew having the class viable would result in Bioware nerfing the crap out of it before even addressing any other class.

BioWare hate Sorcs. It’s 100% apparent.

Honestly, it’s why I’ve not even bothered to get back into my Sorc properly. I figured by the time we got to March it would be trash again. I didn’t want to put myself through that again.

#RIPSorcsAGAIN

We know it’s coming. All Sorc players knew having the class viable would result in Bioware nerfing the crap out of it before even addressing any other class.

Honestly, it’s why I’ve not even bothered to get back into my Sorc properly. I figured by the time we got to March it would be trash again. I didn’t want to put myself through that again.

lol *** is this garbage. it was a useless utility to begin with. sorcs are still extremely strong with out it. definitely in the top 4, debatably in the top 3. there is no rip sorcs. they nerfed a useless utility.

Please dont come to the forum with troll posts thank you

lol *** is this garbage. it was a useless utility to begin with. sorcs are still extremely strong with out it. definitely in the top 4, debatably in the top 3. there is no rip sorcs. they nerfed a useless utility.

The utility was indeed useles but sorcs are not top 4 especialy not if you are going to take specific specs TK/ling is on par with merc it a bit better burst but is twice as squishy in return its worse then sniper still for the ranged specs and its worse then op sin and mara it is better then jugg dps and pt but jugg tank is still way more impactfull then a sorc TK/Ling sorc. Madness is not even a spec atm i have seen 1 person take it into ranked this entire season and i have not seen it once in randoms or pve and this while sorc has always been one of the most popular classes..

I can say tho that sorc healers can be extremely potent in pvp and i do lack knowledge about them but i whould be suprised the reason they wanted to nerf the storm set is becous i can see sorc healers using it in pvp for the massive uptime on our cds witch makes it realy realy hard to kick a sorc healer completly negeting there lower hps but this is just a theory as i dont realy play sorc healer but it dous not seem that far fetched considering

(First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1. These changes are part of larger changes that are coming for healers, however, as many of you pointed out it has knock on effects for DPS as well. For this reason we are going to hold those changes until a future patch when the rest of the changes are planned.

) From the dev post . hence im making this assumption

#RIPSorcsAGAIN

I wont say they truly hate sorcs it is more they are extremely incopetent in there balancing and dont apply logic to it

Allot of dps sorcs nerfs have come as a side effect of them wanting to nerf healer sorcs and them hitting sorcs there defensive toolset extremly hard making them have no tools to speak off in comparison to other classes if not for our one bg cd we whould still be the focus every ranked match over juggs and its only the fact that we can swap to lifewarden in quad dps games that makes some what viable as we get the guarteed full heal aswell so its not worth always focusing the sorc atm especialy healer sorcs its better to ignore them then to kill them.

its also worth saying that becous of there lack of knowledge in pvp balancing sorcs will look like an outlier becous of how they play on average most sorcs in casual pvp will have quite decent damadge becous of the fluff from Chain lightning witch is nice for stad padding but dous almost nothing of value. while in ranked it might add some the micro root on it is more of value then anything but again bioware looks more at numbers and a sorc thats left alone can compete with sin and op and mara for dps numbers witch can bait people into thinking(including bw) that they are the 3th/4th best DPS but this is false as in 4 dps games un less there is a jugg in your team you are still the first in the focus order maybe people go merc first to eliminate the elector net vs stealthers but i see most teams go for the sorcs. and if you get this focus you often dont get to play mutch so any damdge you can theoreticly do is gone.

then if a sorc gets left alone in 4v4 ranked and people stack yes they can compete with the sin op and mara in damadge but this is still part due to cleave so there actual single target is still below those 3 the one big strenght ling/tk has is if left alone and they get to setup there burst they can do the 2-3th biggest chunk in the game as a ranged spec but again this rarely ever happens.

sorc needs help not becous its useless or op but becous the desparity between the specs and there impact is so extremely large sorc healers can quite easly be the most op class in the game while the 2 dps specs can be trash tier and sorcs will still get nerfed on there defensive tools witch makes no sence but since btw lacks the brains to nerf sorcs in a way that dous not impact the other specs we will always be **** becous they cant have us being the top spec since of how popular the class already is. if sorc becomes the best class the meta will be even more stale then the current once since then you can have 4 sorc teams extremely often. witch we can all agree whould not be good either.But insead of trying to fix the issue that people have while playing against sorcs when they are viable VS those that are trying to play it when they are not they rather just trow us into a corner and forget about us like they have done in the last 3 expansions becous we require to mutch effort and people have gotten used to the satus quo of operatives ruleling pvp and then either sins or snipers being insane depending on patch whith merc being the solid never a bad pick PT being dead and juggernauts locked into imortal/guardian for most of the time.

and this is asside from the larger issue of this games pvp in hte fact that in 4v4 dps games one person will just get hunted down and removed from the game on both teams quite often and depending on the class this can be the most infurating thing in the game since some classes lack any tools to deal with this in an effective way

I can say tho that sorc healers can be extremely potent in pvp and i do lack knowledge about them but i whould be suprised the reason they wanted to nerf the storm set is becous i can see sorc healers using it in pvp

The best healer in PvP is merc healer.

They wanted to nerf gathering storm because of lightning. They have no idea that corruption / madness use this set too.

(Thats why they didn´t nerf the set - after all madness players complained.)

Corruption needs a buff and better tacticals to pull the same numbers as a merc.

You missed the point. I doubt Bioware will do any nerfing correct and they plan on doing something to Sorc gear too.

Give it till March-May (like I indicated) and Sorcs will be R.I.P.

because they can , so yeah they will nerf it

Enduring Bastion (after Force Barrier) now absorbs roughly 18% less damage

Thank you for the feedback so far, keep it coming! A couple of changes that we are going to make based on your feedback. First, we are not going to make any of the listed Sorc / Sage changes in 6.1.

False promises. AGAIN :mad:

Madness and Corruption: * exists *

Everyone:

Lightning sorcs are still extremely strong, Lightning sorcs, Lightning, Lightning, Lightning

Yea, cool.

Edited by EmperorRus

I wont say they truly hate sorcs it is more they are extremely incopetent in there balancing and dont apply logic to it

Yeah. How many hundreds of times will it take for people to just get it?

This gaming co. is incompetent! It's not complicated understanding what's going on lol. They have no idea how to balance their classes, or even create an enjoyable crafting system for that matter. Incompetency at it's worst.

Edited by Lhancelot

This class changes were just to show to be able to say "look we are working on class balance too." They had no intention to make any class changes but with current *****how they had to make a few small changes. There will be no real class balance change with this clown community manager who hates communication with players and terrible developer team. Dont expect a reasonable class change anytime soon.

enduring bastion was nerfed in 5.0....that's the only nerf you should be complaining about.

and those who put the time into this class, can make this class easily viable without EB

Edited by Going

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.