Security Key App

Jeviati

I just downloaded the app, and it wants a serial number. Little problem though, I don't have one. I cannot seem to get anywhere in the app, and there does not appear to be anything on the forums that addresses this. Suggestions?

I just downloaded the app, and it wants a serial number. Little problem though, I don't have one. I cannot seem to get anywhere in the app, and there does not appear to be anything on the forums that addresses this. Suggestions?

Begin the process of adding an app-based key from the My SWTOR part of the website. It will give you the serial number to put in. (It's asking for the serial number of your account.)

• 7 months later...
My physical key is starting to die as in most times it won't show all the numbers. So had to remove the key from my account(s) before it totally dies. Can the android key be used for more than 1 account? If so how many in total? Edited by KoriVash

My physical key is starting to die as in most times it won't show all the numbers. So had to remove the key from my account(s) before it totally dies. Can the android key be used for more than 1 account? If so how many in total?

not sure about the android one, but i use winauth, I've keys set up for three accounts, from swtor, plus EA, and a couple of other things. Just name them so you'll know which is what, and you should have no issue.

My physical key is starting to die as in most times it won't show all the numbers. So had to remove the key from my account(s) before it totally dies. Can the android key be used for more than 1 account? If so how many in total?

Unless it has been updated, the official SWTOR authentication app only works with one account. DarkTergon mentioned WinAuth, which does work with multiple accounts and services. I am unsure about using it on Android. There is a WinAuth app in the Play store, so you may be able to get something set up. Google Authenticator can also be used with multiple accounts and services. I have mine set up with many different accounts, including more than one SWTOR account. With Authenticator you can easily rename and sort keys so you know which one goes to which account and can find it easily, and Google recently added a way to back up and restore your authentication keys to make it easier to change devices. Another option for Android is Authy. Like Google Authenticator, Authy can work with multiple accounts and services and has a back up and restore option. One of the features of Authy, I believe, is that you can back up your keys to a thumb drive or cloud storage for easy restoration when you change devices.