Bioware/EA I need answers A S A P

KrizDaWiz

They can't make your credit card company accept the transaction, they can't fix the internet connection between the three of you, or control any number of other factors that could be preventing the transaction.

So pessimistic, assuming it's all Bioware's fault.

You blanked out the info for the card (of course) so I couldn't see the expiry date, but ....

A while ago I had a problem with another site because they wouldn't accept my regular payment with my credit card all of a sudden. Although my card was up to date and usable in other places, the CC info on the site still had the old expired "expiry date". I entered the new date, a away she goes. :)

Check to make sure the info on the site is accurate. But even then, as the above poster pointed out, the reason for not accepting your card may be due to restrictions on the cc company's end.

Edited by JediQuaker

They can't make your credit card company accept the transaction, they can't fix the internet connection between the three of you, or control any number of other factors that could be preventing the transaction.

So pessimistic, assuming it's all Bioware's fault.

That wouldn't explain the charge. If what youre saying is indeed the problem. I shouldn't have been charged at all.

You blanked out the info for the card (of course) so I couldn't see the expiry date, but ....

A while ago I had a problem with another site because they wouldn't accept my regular payment with my credit card all of a sudden. Although my card was up to date and usable in other places, the CC info on the site still had the old expired "expiry date". I entered the new date, a away she goes. :)

Check to make sure the info on the site is accurate. But even then, as the above poster pointed out, the reason for not accepting your card may be due to restrictions on the cc company's end.

They charged the card, but stated that no transaction could be made. Thats the part that's not making any sense to me. They would need the correct information to be able to charge me or else it would have been outright declined.

I had this on another business (Sephora) when I was enrolling in a subscription for one of their make-up kits. It was a $1 charge and that was mainly to verify the account information was correct. They refunded the account a couple of days later. They do that on some sites to be sure the credit information is correct and verify the account.

They charged the card, but stated that no transaction could be made. Thats the part that's not making any sense to me. They would need the correct information to be able to charge me or else it would have been outright declined.

Are you talking about that measly $1 charge?

Edited by JediQuaker

I had this on another business (Sephora) when I was enrolling in a subscription for one of their make-up kits. It was a $1 charge and that was mainly to verify the account information was correct. They refunded the account a couple of days later. They do that on some sites to be sure the credit information is correct and verify the account.

Yea , I understand that. Some companies will charge or add money to your account for verification purposes and they'll let you know most of the time before hand. But that does not explain why the was card charged at all if whatever system they're using could not accept the payment to begin with.

Yea , I understand that. Some companies will charge or add money to your account for verification purposes and they'll let you know most of the time before hand. But that does not explain why the was card charged at all if whatever system they're using could not accept the payment to begin with.

Repeating:

The people to appeal to regarding billing issues don't read these forums. Contact EA billing at answers.ea.com.

Best way is to phone. SWTOR Support 1-(855)-345-2186.

They keep California hours.

So , how many people think $1 is measly, can we test this out? I'll put up my paypal address, and everyone send me a dollar, I'll reply from my new mansion house in a few months, when I collect it all ;)

You won't get much of a mansion for $5. 😂

But yes, it's measly. You can't even buy a doughnut or ride the bus for a dollar any more. And, just for laughs, try giving your waiter a $1 tip. 😍

Edited by JediQuaker