Alderaan Round 2 Changes and Feedback

EricMusco

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Our plan right now is to bring PTS by the end of the week (assuming everything stays on track). Here are the changes you will see to the Alderaan Stronghold based on your feedback:

• A variety of bug fixes throughout including issues such as expansion doors not opening after purchase.
  • Made a number of changes throughout the Stronghold to hook quantity and placement.
  • Hooks have been added to the Ancient Ruins area outside.
  • Taxis will now be Thrantas!
    • Known issues: The map for the Alderaan Stronghold and the taxis are not functioning properly.

Please use this thread to share your thought on the new updates to the Alderaan Stronghold. Thanks all.

-eric

Eric,

You could put a starship hook up on the mountain retreat between the lodgings and the ruins.

Also, Massive Anti-Aircraft Turret, the one that normally drops from EC NiM, should be on the Cartel Market.

The thing about windows in the side rooms is that... unless I'm totally looking at it wrong... the sides are built into a mountain. There is no open space on either side of the ground floor for anyone to look out. So yes, windows would be nice aesthetically, but not logically.

The thing about windows in the side rooms is that... unless I'm totally looking at it wrong... the sides are built into a mountain. There is no open space on either side of the ground floor for anyone to look out. So yes, windows would be nice aesthetically, but not logically.

Part of the upper areas are not built into a mountain... some of the lower areas are.

Some of us have suggested that either a staircase or elevator to an additional area would be nice. IMO... open up one of the three towers that are clearly visible when seen from the ruins area. I would think that the tower in the middle seems to be the largest and is well positioned for accessibility to the upper area would be a prime candidate . … (just my opinion)

Hey. :). Had some thoughts. The rishi stronghold had the pvp areas and the training dummy on the ship. It would be cool to have AT LEAST the dummy on the Alderaan stronghold. :)!!!! It makes sense to have a castle training room. This would help guilds so much!!!!!!! Please please :). Pvp area would be like golden too!

#letusfight

Agreed. There should be more in there for guilds given the open area size. Make a PVP area somewhere at least. Misfits Rishi has 4 bars, a full red light district, Rishi has something for everyone. Just don't make it cost as much as Rishi cause....DANNNNGGG.

Eric,

Any information if guilds can have more than 1 stronghold. We have Rishi already done and do not really want to have to chose between that one and Alderaan, so any news would be great and I doubt I am the only one that wants to know this information.

Thank you and have a good day.

Eric,

Any information if guilds can have more than 1 stronghold. We have Rishi already done and do not really want to have to chose between that one and Alderaan, so any news would be great and I doubt I am the only one that wants to know this information.

Thank you and have a good day.

Please, yes. And please don't forget that it's not just the cap on guild strongholds that is at issue, but on personal strongholds as well. Anyone who has followed stronghold posts on the forums is probably really sick of reading me say this, and I don't blame them, but I feel compelled to keep saying it because we have gotten pure radio silence on this question since the server merge and thus have no way of knowing whether this point has ever been acknowledged or discussed by the team.

Please raise the personal stronghold cap as high as technical limits can take it. Those of us at 21 or 35 strongholds after the merge are proving every time we log in that 10 is not the technical limit. And maybe no one "needs" 35 strongholds, but that's not the point exactly; the point is that with 8 strongholds already released, and Alderaan about to be the 9th, even people who've fully decorated a more modest 13, say, post the merge, would have to delete 4 to get under the cap. Given that the game has proven it can support us having 35, this feels egregiously arbitrary, like it's just something no one's put in the time to think about addressing rather than something that "must be."

Please raise the guild stronghold cap. Please raise the personal stronghold cap significantly. Please give us the ability to purchase stronghold slot unlocks over 10 if you feel that will be a good check on people going overboard (and net you more money to boot from the hardcore decorators). Please let people purchase duplicate copies of the same stronghold.

I'd still love have to Rishi someday, more than a year on of waiting and hoping strongholds would get some attention. But I have a really awful feeling this won't be addressed and I'll be SOL on Alderaan as well, at which point I don't know what reason I have to bother keeping up with decorating at all, since essentially it means that I'll never be able to engage with any of the new content.

* Turn the Throne Room in a Library (or whatever, if you insist on having room names, personally I hate them).

I like this idea. I, too, would prefer not to have the preset room name pop up on screen. Still, I think your idea of using the current Throne Room as a library works well with how I'd likely decorate the Alderaan Stronghold. I wasn't going to unlock the Throne Room before. Now, I just may well do so.

Excellent point. Perhaps showing a view to a small courtyard outside of the windows. Something where a bit more of the mountainside was removed, but the area is still surrounded by, and imbedded in, mountains. A door to enter such a small courtyard from those rooms would be epic. Still, I'd be happy with a least a window with a view of a tiny courtyard. Something to make those rooms less like gilded prison cells.

Edited by Nmyownworld

yeah, you are right (unfortunately ^^) - logically windows would not make any sense but who cares :D

BUT: I'd be happy with a different structure/look of that wall (not the bricked look but a plain smooth surface like the side walls...)

I like this idea. I, too, would prefer not to have the preset room name pop up on screen. Still, I think your idea of using the current Throne Room as a library works well with how I'd likely decorate the Alderaan Stronghold. I wasn't going to unlock the Throne Room before. Now, I just may well do so.

I don't really care what the "name" of a room is. I use it for whatever I want. In this case, the dais in the TR works very well as a bandstand, and I turned the TR into a party room**.

But anyway, I took a final look around the SH yesterday and my final conclusion is that I probably will buy the SH and unlock it all, but I won't be using it as my main "home" because there's no good rooms to use as "bedrooms". All the rooms are a bit too big for a bedroom, and, even when I think I might put 2 beds in one room (like I do in Tatooine), there's no good hook placement to allow this. It's very difficult to center things against the walls with the current hooks.

So basically, I'll have some fun decorating my party/throne room, and making a spa in one of the retreat rooms. And I might move my mount/pet collection to Aldreraan. But, I'll still be waiting for that "ideal" stronghold.

Not that BW cares as long as I buy the SH and more decos. 😋

** Along with making a party room, the balcony off the TR corridor would make a great place for some tables and chairs as an extension of the party theme, but who wants to sit outside in the winter. 🥶😥

Edited by JediQuaker

It just occurred to me - another problem with the Stronghold, but one that's easy to miss, and only mildly immersion breaking.

The basic environment is "winter" or possibly "spring thaw", but the main building has no front door! It must cost a fortune to heat the place!

(Much like it must cost my Gunslinger a small fortune to irrigate all the plants he placed on Tatooine. 🤩 )

Edited by JediQuaker

It just occurred to me - another problem with the Stronghold, but one that's easy to miss, and only mildly immersion breaking.

The basic environment is "winter" or possibly "spring thaw", but the main building has no front door! It must cost a fortune to heat the place!

(Much like it must cost my Gunslinger a small fortune to irrigate all the plants he placed on Tatooine. 🤩 )

There is solution to irrigating the plants on Tatooine depending on where they are placed. If any are placed along wall areas, you can place the waterfall you get from the Nathema flashpoint, and therefore the cost would be less (lol)

I have said this before, and I’ll say it again. Expecting impactful changes was always a dream, and I’m sorry to say it to those who wish for a second floor and more rooms like me but it’s not going to happen, stop dreaming. What we have aside from a few hook changes is what we get.

I also don’t think Eric is to blame, this feedback idea may very well be his and he tried to get our voices heard, so kudos. I also think it’s not the stronghold developers fault. The release date for this stronghold has probably been planned loooong ago, deadlines. They need to release a certain amount of content with their next story patch, and leaving this stronghold out might make that seem too light.

Now, I think the premature release of this stronghold is a mistake, and not just cause in it’s present form it is disappointing to me. An Alderaan Palace has been pointed out since strongholds began (feel free to check my post history). I too would have liked the main hall to be twice as big like Coruscant, or see that second floor, or at the very least a corridor with some more side rooms from the elevator. If there’s one stronghold that really had to be a hit it’s this one.

Feedback on most issues is left ignored, the second floor has been the most requested feature. Question now is, why even get feedback if there wouldn’t be time for major changes people would like to see? The only message this sends is, ultimately your voices do not matter. The signal this sends to the decorating community is horrible.

This stronghold’s release needs to be pushed back and have some of these issues addressed. Making a statement you’re delaying it cause you want to do right by the community will serve you well not just with decorators but a wider audience. People (and I’m throwing my hat in too) have already said they’d pay more if it means getting the stronghold later with added features so more $$$. Also bigger strongholds mean more deco’s needed, more bundles sold, more $$$.

I hope whoever set this release date sees there’s merit in reconsidering and allow it to be postponed.

I have said this before, and I’ll say it again. Expecting impactful changes was always a dream, and I’m sorry to say it to those who wish for a second floor and more rooms like me but it’s not going to happen, stop dreaming. What we have aside from a few hook changes is what we get.

I also don’t think Eric is to blame, this feedback idea may very well be his and he tried to get our voices heard, so kudos. I also think it’s not the stronghold developers fault. The release date for this stronghold has probably been planned loooong ago, deadlines. They need to release a certain amount of content with their next story patch, and leaving this stronghold out might make that seem too light.

Now, I think the premature release of this stronghold is a mistake, and not just cause in it’s present form it is disappointing to me. An Alderaan Palace has been pointed out since strongholds began (feel free to check my post history). I too would have liked the main hall to be twice as big like Coruscant, or see that second floor, or at the very least a corridor with some more side rooms from the elevator. If there’s one stronghold that really had to be a hit it’s this one.

Feedback on most issues is left ignored, the second floor has been the most requested feature. Question now is, why even get feedback if there wouldn’t be time for major changes people would like to see? The only message this sends is, ultimately your voices do not matter. The signal this sends to the decorating community is horrible.

This stronghold’s release needs to be pushed back and have some of these issues addressed. Making a statement you’re delaying it cause you want to do right by the community will serve you well not just with decorators but a wider audience. People (and I’m throwing my hat in too) have already said they’d pay more if it means getting the stronghold later with added features so more $$$. Also bigger strongholds mean more deco’s needed, more bundles sold, more $$$.

I hope whoever set this release date sees there’s merit in reconsidering and allow it to be postponed.

While I agree "Expecting impactful changes was always a dream, " you might be wrong. a second floor could be added by copying most of the code from the first floor and using it for a second floor. I've look into al decos on the pts under certain hooks and seen a killik mound deco, they might be removing the mounds to make it less killiky. the developers may have been working on any and all issues while feedback comes and there may or may not be significant changes. if they don't have a second floor interior I do agree they should postpone the release till they have made it. realistically it probably wont happen due to issues regarding what players want. some people want smaller rooms, others (I'm included in this one) want bigger rooms. one small room would be ok, but most need to be bigger to allow a large hook in the center of the room. who knows maybe I'm wrong, maybe not.

There is solution to irrigating the plants on Tatooine depending on where they are placed. If any are placed along wall areas, you can place the waterfall you get from the Nathema flashpoint, and therefore the cost would be less (lol)

It's the cost of water on a desert planet that makes it expensive. Technically, even the waterfall would need to be artificial, and therefore, expensive.

But anyway, I have a little droid - Emergency Response Droid - that looks like a astromech/T7 and has a spout that sprays water.

Edited by JediQuaker

One note of feedback about the hooks in the study, drawing room and guest bedroom is that there’s no way to center a bed (for the guest room) or desk (for the study) with any of the room’s four walls. Would be great if the hooks could be changed or have another layout that allows for such. :)

Otherwise very much looking forward to this SH! You guys have done an amazing job!

Edited by MikeAD

It is a spring thaw... Water is not running like at the waterfall or near the balcony at the rate that it does unless there is enough heat … etc for nature to get things moving that well.

That said one of two possibilities:

1. Either freeze everything over (hard freeze … etc)

2. OR go with what they have and understand that spring has began to arrive.

OH … there is one minor thing … those HUGE icicles outside need to come down. Now THOSE are out of place. The rest of the environment works.

Welllll … except for the fish that are swimming on TOP of the water in the stream in front of the main estate … and the water coming off of the falls runs down stream and dead ends into a rock wall without an outlet, deep pool or some form of natural expression.

AND we need to spray the cave for bugs... clean up some really large dirt mounds from those bugs. Maybe those bugs and mounds could be optional ??

Add some more ceiling hooks... Adjust some X / Y coordinates …

Change the location of the ruins to the cave area where they would compliment each other... (swap out the ruins for previously requested appropriate greenhouse to overlook the valley below).

Add a couple of "landing areas"...

Make sure that everyone is able to use mounts through out …

Add a second floor ( opening up at least one of the three towers that are clearly visible from the winter retreat )

Relax both personal and guild SH caps (otherwise this part will pancake) ..

Thrown in a fresh coat of paint … and there you are !!

:D

It is a spring thaw... Water is not running like at the waterfall or near the balcony at the rate that it does unless there is enough heat … etc for nature to get things moving that well.

That said one of two possibilities:

1. Either freeze everything over (hard freeze … etc)

2. OR go with what they have and understand that spring has began to arrive.

OH … there is one minor thing … those HUGE icicles outside need to come down. Now THOSE are out of place. The rest of the environment works.

Welllll … except for the fish that are swimming on TOP of the water in the stream in front of the main estate … and the water coming off of the falls runs down stream and dead ends into a rock wall without an outlet, deep pool or some form of natural expression.

AND we need to spray the cave for bugs... clean up some really large dirt mounds from those bugs. Maybe those bugs and mounds could be optional ??

Add some more ceiling hooks... Adjust some X / Y coordinates …

Change the location of the ruins to the cave area where they would compliment each other... (swap out the ruins for previously requested appropriate greenhouse to overlook the valley below).

Add a couple of "landing areas"...

Make sure that everyone is able to use mounts through out …

Add a second floor ( opening up at least one of the three towers that are clearly visible from the winter retreat )

Relax both personal and guild SH caps (otherwise this part will pancake) ..

Thrown in a fresh coat of paint … and there you are !!

:D

I dont think its a spring thaw, it shows as if its like house alde's library. near the mountains its icy but warm away from the mountain, high altitudes usually have a cold feeling. by house alde library its snowy but walk a little and its not icey. its fine as is for ice/snow and no ice exept for the icicles on the front of the estate that is weird. and as ive mentioned in a few post above it looks like they will be taking out the killik mounds because there are some mounds in the list of decos you can get. I belive it was for a center piece hook. leave the ruins as moving it isnt necessary and would most likely cause them to focus on that instead of adding a new floor. and we have a landing area already, id rather not have more so they can focus on improving the interior.

I dont think its a spring thaw, it shows as if its like house alde's library. near the mountains its icy but warm away from the mountain, high altitudes usually have a cold feeling. by house alde library its snowy but walk a little and its not icey. its fine as is for ice/snow and no ice exept for the icicles on the front of the estate that is weird. and as ive mentioned in a few post above it looks like they will be taking out the killik mounds because there are some mounds in the list of decos you can get. I belive it was for a center piece hook. leave the ruins as moving it isnt necessary and would most likely cause them to focus on that instead of adding a new floor. and we have a landing area already, id rather not have more so they can focus on improving the interior.

I know … I use to live near the mountains. Trust me .. most of what we suggested (from the environmental stand point of view is pretty close.

I misspoke with the "landing zone... should have been :

Multiple arrival points.

1. Throne room / close by BUT NOT in the throne room

2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.

3. The large field area across the stream.

4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )

These are just suggestions .. someone else might want one near or in the new cave once it's opened up.

The rest I'll stick to as suggested.

I know … I use to live near the mountains. Trust me .. most of what we suggested (from the environmental stand point of view is pretty close.

I misspoke with the "landing zone... should have been :

Multiple arrival points.

1. Throne room / close by BUT NOT in the throne room

2. Just outside of the main building in the "estate" entrance.

3. The large field area across the stream.

4. The retreat area next to the elevator: ( I believe that there is a console there already )

These are just suggestions .. someone else might want one near or in the new cave once it's opened up.

The rest I'll stick to as suggested.

oh ok, I would also like arrival points in those areas. i do understand where you are coming from on the green house but i would still rather them leave it where it is. it is where i have some jedi stuff i have "Statue of the Righteous Jedi" in the ruins and "Statue of an Ancient Jedi" with a meditative Padawan outside of them. moving the ruins would ruin it, though if the cave gets made into a crystal cave it will enhance it other wise it would ruin the immersion.

Edited by sammywalker

oh ok, I would also like arrival points in those areas. i do understand where you are coming from on the green house but i would still rather them leave it where it is. it is where i have some jedi stuff i have "Statue of the Righteous Jedi" in the ruins and "Statue of an Ancient Jedi" with a meditative Padawan outside of them. moving the ruins would ruin it, though if the cave gets made into a crystal cave it will enhance it other wise it would ruin the immersion.

I think we can agree .. with one minor consideration.

Think about this:

If the ruins were near the same proximity of the "crystal cave" and were visible before the detonation of the mountain area that reveals' the cave...

The cave is now exposed....

SEVERAL hooks of various sizes should be available (as someone else BTW .. has also requested. I think we can ALL agree that more hooks are needed in the cave area... ) That would enhance that entire area. There would be ample opportunity to set up a training area in the fields across the stream … Ancient ruins of a "temple" area (or something different if someone so chose) as well as allowing a theme inside of the cave as well.

Just some more thoughts to go with the theme you have suggested. And yes … trying to see if there is common ground as much as possible. We keep the ruins (just move them to the cave location) .. we make sure there are plenty of hooks of large size (that can be substituted for smaller ones if needed) … and establish the cave with no Killic descript mounds so that it can be better utilized for multiple themes instead of just one.

Just my opinion … but that seems to be more of a win / win for a lot of folks !

Edited by OlBuzzard

For immersion purposes, i would prefer arrival points to be at the thranta taxis stations. Zoning into some room just breaks my head cannon. On top of that, I don't like how the terminals are permanent. They are placed poorly. I can't rotate em or flush em against the wall. Arrival point terminals should be free decorations that come included with your "welcome to Strongholds" package. This way you can place them where you want.

With the same respect, Cutscene terminals and training dummies should be under the players discretion for placement as well.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

My two cents:

In the Northern Lodging's western-most room, the wall hooks on the western wall can't be clicked on at all to place decos.

The doorway from the Throne Room to the Balcony Overlook, apparently rarely, has the same bug as the doorway between the northern and western lodgings.

The hooks in the hallway heading out to the Balcony Overlook keep disappearing while displaying hooks depending on camera angle.

From the Balcony Overlook, I'd love to be able to gain access to the waterfalls and the lake below and the land further on without dying to the death zone. Please provide access to those areas as well as hooks for decorating down there.

Western Lodging's hallway has small floor hooks and large wall hooks inside the protruding walls on the raised areas and on either side of wall at grid -486,176 and surrounding areas.

Please add more ceiling hooks in the lower ceiling section of the Noble Estate Main Hall.

Remove light fixtures throughout all the hallways and replace with ceiling hooks and more ceiling hooks throughout all the hallways, especially at L-turns. I want to use my own light fixtures.

Ceiling hook in the elevator is needed.

The two rooms in the Northern Lodging need ceiling hooks. More ceiling hooks in all the rooms in general would be nice. Preferably 3 so the centered ceiling hook can still remain where it is. Larger rooms would be best with 4 ceiling hooks.

Can we get more small nice-looking wall hook light decorations and floor light decorations?

I think we can agree .. with one minor consideration.

Think about this:

If the ruins were near the same proximity of the "crystal cave" and were visible before the detonation of the mountain area that reveals' the cave...

The cave is now exposed....

SEVERAL hooks of various sizes should be available (as someone else BTW .. has also requested. I think we can ALL agree that more hooks are needed in the cave area... ) That would enhance that entire area. There would be ample opportunity to set up a training area in the fields across the stream … Ancient ruins of a "temple" area (or something different if someone so chose) as well as allowing a theme inside of the cave as well.

Just some more thoughts to go with the theme you have suggested. And yes … trying to see if there is common ground as much as possible. We keep the ruins (just move them to the cave location) .. we make sure there are plenty of hooks of large size (that can be substituted for smaller ones if needed) … and establish the cave with no Killic descript mounds so that it can be better utilized for multiple themes instead of just one.

Just my opinion … but that seems to be more of a win / win for a lot of folks !

that would be perfect, I can agree that I want that. well done!