will the developers fix the bugs in the game at some point or not?

Spikanor

when will the developers start fixing some old and new buggs in the game.

like a lot off grafice buggs are there in the game that needs a fix.

also some item respans from craft materials from: Archaeology,Scavenging,Slicing and Bioanalysis need a fix since on Vos and on Taris there are in a roof off a building and under the ground also at some place's inside a stone or wall.

also and not forget the most annoying bug in the game are the enemy's in the game that for some reason there go in the wall/rock or under the ground and most anoying place ever there surfive a long fall from a place that has a kill barrier and there still surfive it.

when will the developers start fixing then since at some point since this are not the inportant bug's there need to fix but some off then are really getting anoying at some point if you keep getting then or see it in game.

A lot of bugs have been in the game for many years now. I don't think they will ever get fixed because the budget isn't there for it, and the technical requirements to fix the bugs might be too daunting for them.

I would love to see these three visual bugs fixed in particular.

1. Player characters 'photo-bombing' into other players' cutscenes, killing the immersion.

2. Other players and/or their decorations appearing in one's own personal phase(like they do in strongholds often).

3. Armor glitches, especially those with capes/cloaks that can clip through a character's body, which often happens during cutscenes involving action or lots of movement.

Maybe someone should start a GoFundMe to get SWTOR the budget they need to get the job done. Either that, or maybe an extremely wealthy player could get in touch with Bioware and donate the funds needed to make it happen.

Well, that's mostly a jest. But I'd love to see these kinds of bugs fixed as much as you do. They probably could invest the time needed to fix them, but it would severely delay the next new content being released since they'd be focusing on these issues instead.

It depends on the bug.

They will fix some, not others. They will introduce new bugs that they might or not fix.

They have fixed things and the re-broken them too...

There are lots of bugs that are just minor announces, that will probably not ever get fixed, but put in bug reports for things that are really wrong (you never know, that one half-time dev might fix it).

when will the developers start fixing some old and new buggs in the game.

like a lot off grafice buggs are there in the game that needs a fix.

also some item respans from craft materials from: Archaeology,Scavenging,Slicing and Bioanalysis need a fix since on Vos and on Taris there are in a roof off a building and under the ground also at some place's inside a stone or wall.

also and not forget the most annoying bug in the game are the enemy's in the game that for some reason there go in the wall/rock or under the ground and most anoying place ever there surfive a long fall from a place that has a kill barrier and there still surfive it.

when will the developers start fixing then since at some point since this are not the inportant bug's there need to fix but some off then are really getting anoying at some point if you keep getting then or see it in game.

While those bugs may seem bad, they are trivial compared to the multitude of other bugs to do with the actual game mechanics.

I’m all for them fixing those bugs you mentioned, but they should be right at the bottom of the list. There are actual game breaking bugs at the moment and Bioware have their heads in the sand about them.

So if they can’t fix the important bugs, I can’t ever see them fixing trivial bugs

1. Player characters 'photo-bombing' into other players' cutscenes, killing the immersion.

You don't find it awesome when you're having that serious conversation with an NPC and some BT4 male dressed in a Jori loincloth is dancing in the background?

A lot of bugs have been in the game for many years now. I don't think they will ever get fixed because the budget isn't there for it, and the technical requirements to fix the bugs might be too daunting for them.

if its a budget problem there have then there need to talk to EA about it since its not good for the game reputation if the bugs not get fix.

all is it a grafic bug its still bad for the game's reputation if its not fix soon.

thats something you get when you run a MMORPG game you need to invest sometime's a lot off money to make it better for the players.

at some point you get there are to many bugs and players start leaving this game since there not get fix any more since its looking bad more.

most players are seeing now that buying something from the cartal market or buying a subscription is worthless more since the money not come's back to the game more it go's to EA and it stay's there.

and we give the money more to the top boss at EA there go's the money more and notting is coming back to the game to make it better and fix things.

Doubt it.

Bioware poached a ton of SWTOR devs to help rush Anthem out the gate and then more to try to rescue Anthem now that it's on life support.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is never another big content expansion and the game is basically on life support now.

Void's "Will it get fixxed?" Estimator

Does the bug block players from spending money, or receiving or using specific items they spent money on?

Does the bug prevent all progress in core content required to get reach the current level cap?

Does the bug or oversight allow players to subvert core game mechanics or BW's profits?

Does the bug prevent progress in the newest flagship content launch (e.g. Onslaught)?

The Answer to all the above is YES, it will get fixed, and probably quickly.

If the question involves PVP, the answer is "maybe, but not soon"

for all other questions the answer is "Play the lottery, you have better chances of winning those than your bug getting fixed"

forgot to add also on the list: that some off the quest's like planet stroy quest's or side quest's also have a bug in the way that if you most enter a room and need to talk to a npc there you most go out and in a coupel off time's before the quest's finnely starts on that place.

and 1 quest on alderaan imp side has it its also a and its a planet story quest also that has this type off bugg.

Edited by Spikanor

The maintenance crew can barely keep the lights on and the floors clean while they try to figure out how to use half completed assets left over from former expansions and the unused chapters of KOTET, which I think they are doing great at.

Bugs? Fixed? Prob not.

The state Bioware has left this game in is quite sad considering it's their only product right now making any money whatsoever(lolanthem) and DA4 is at least a few years away at best. EA's CFO even recently _heaped praise on it_ for being a stable source of revenue as recently as last November. Yet Bioware management seems to not care at all about the game that Bioware Austin put so much effort into and polishing.

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but SWTOR probably needs EA to step in and do something about Bioware's management if it's to be saved.

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but SWTOR probably needs EA to step in and do something about Bioware's management if it's to be saved.

Just to update you.

All things got worse after EA starting running BW plans for their future and how to use their resources (employees) .

EA's main business is to earn money, and I can understand that from a business view.

But from the other side, a players view, they mess it all up.

Edited by RaschRune

The maintenance crew can barely keep the lights on and the floors clean while they try to figure out how to use half completed assets left over from former expansions and the unused chapters of KOTET, which I think they are doing great at.

Bugs? Fixed? Prob not.

Game isnt in msintence mode. Game is still doing well but I won't deny bugs exist. They just don't bother me that much.

Just to update you.

All things got worse after EA starting running BW plans for their future and how to use their resources (employees) .

EA's main business is to earn money, and I can understand that from a business view.

But from the other side, a players view, they mess it all up.

And the current way they're managing SWTOR is going to cost them money in the end. If EA loves money, they'd want SWTOR to improve not get worse.

and you know what is the worst off all.

back in 2015 some players have report that there was a bug with the taris bonus series and since then players keep reporting then.

now 4 years later finely somebody from bioware understand it there is a bug problem with the taris bonus series and it took it took then 4 full years to understand it was a problem.

this is really the first time for me i see a MMORPG game where the game got really worse developers that are runing a online game.

i hope there understand that this is not like a concole game that if there are some bug's you not need to fix then at some point.

this is other thing then any concole game's since its 1 game and you need to keep updating it with new contant and also keep fixing the bugs and problems the game has and not move then on a list from not importent.

and its true that fixing things in the game will cost a lot off money and if thats the problem then bioware needs to talk to EA about it that running a online game will cost a lot off money and to earn the money there need there need to make a good reputation from the game.

and if the game has a lot off bug's that are old and not get fix then its looking bad for the reputation the game gets.

and not forget the trust between the comunnety the players and the developers is also looking bad then if there are planty off bugs that are not fix.

The worst part about bugs is customer service. In my 4 years of playing the game, whenever I submit a ticket, 90% of the time CS will just say "please submit a bug report".

I'm a paying subscriber, I'm not a beta tester and it's insulting when you treat us like free labor. I AM submitting a bug report by creating a ticket - I just want xp or loot drops which SHOULD have come from the boss. Only once have I ever received a satisfactory response to a ticket when I couldn't loot a boss I had killed at the end of a flashpoint, AND THEY ACTUALLY GAVE ME THE ITEM THAT DROPPED.

It was a rare, brilliant flash of customer service that I have never seen again.

My Smuggler is stuck on (Wrath and Ruin) taking down the Zakuul walker. It's been rendered unwinnable. I've had a number of other characters go through this with no problem. Now I cannot continue with the mission storyline. I've submitted a ticket and bug report. We'll see if there's a response. Sadly, I'm not holding my breath.

The worst part about bugs is customer service. In my 4 years of playing the game, whenever I submit a ticket, 90% of the time CS will just say "please submit a bug report".

I'm a paying subscriber, I'm not a beta tester and it's insulting when you treat us like free labor. I AM submitting a bug report by creating a ticket - I just want xp or loot drops which SHOULD have come from the boss. Only once have I ever received a satisfactory response to a ticket when I couldn't loot a boss I had killed at the end of a flashpoint, AND THEY ACTUALLY GAVE ME THE ITEM THAT DROPPED.

It was a rare, brilliant flash of customer service that I have never seen again.

The funny thing is that F2P/Preferred players can complain about not having access to the in-game ticketing system but if they did, they would know they're not missing out on much.

Sometimes they can help restore something. That's as good as it gets. The rest od their responses is just report the bug (which you can do here as well and you'll never get an answer on either way) or contact them by phone for actual issues that prevent your from playing or paying.

What makes it even worse is that they ask you to do the bug report after you already detailed it to them. These people have zero options. Oh and the last time I asked them restore something they couldn't but sent a goodwill gesture in the mail: a CXP consumable and 5 UCs...neither of which work in the game anymore since they were discontinued in 6.0. And they are "unable" to do something about that since it's automated. These guys have ZERO empowerment. It's embarrassing really but BW doesn't give a crap. Eric certainly didn't respond when I brought this up here in the forum. They're just keeping the cost low and hope not too many people run away in spite of all the bs like this, but then BW hasn't been a company to be really proud of working for, for some years now I'd say. I'd hate to be in their shoes really.

The funny thing is that F2P/Preferred players can complain about not having access to the in-game ticketing system but if they did, they would know they're not missing out on much.

there are not missing much since preferred status players use more the forum for it and hearing notting from the developers about the problems is something we know all and have see all on the taris bonus series thread that took then 4 years to find out there was a problem with it.

most off the players do not trust the developers team from this game more all is it with in the game ticket system or on the forum there is no trust more.

if 20 players or more report that there have a server connection problem and having lagg delay's and also server kicks then a developer most understand it its something wrong with the server connection since a lot off players have the same problem.

same with quest's problems if a lot off players report that the same quest give's then problem then a developer most take action on it.

i hope Eric reads this since he is head off that team and if i was him and my team is not working good more with the task's there most do and leave alot off problems not fix then i was fixing that problem first from do we need more people in the team or are some people not doing there job there most do good more.

a developer is not a easy task to do but if you have a big comunnety then you know also you get a lot off problems your way to fix it.

and this will also help maybe for the developers.

look for Moderators that can help players with small problems like game not wane start or launcher problems that are the small problems a moderator can do to help.

then the only thing the developers can focus on are the big problems like the quest's problems or server problems that type problems can a developer more focus on to help.

• 3 months later...

As an ex designer of Fallen Earth I can say this simply is not entirely true. When your on a team of people for a project you already learn everything from different engines, computer engineering is also important to learn while going to college when you learn how to code and design games. Especially if your working on a team with engineers who coded their own engine from the ground up. That is one of the requirements for even getting the job. The only time I ever saw developers who didn't know how to troubleshoot their own projects was in the independent development field because some of them were young, not very experienced or didn't have a degree.

The SWTOR team from day 1 Dec 20, 2011 - now in 2020 always left things out in the game, especially a lot of the codex entries even when the game had the resources and time to fix them. I doubt it had anything to do with money at the time, but more too do with things that were more important to them. Today it could be used as an excuse because this project is not bringing in a lot of resources for the company to further the productivity of the project.

Overall Bioware never had the intention of ever fixing everything or filling in the missing content that was supposed to be there, to begin with. The bug report system would of been there piling up and they simply ignored them. Even as a designer myself I know It doesn't take 9 years to fill in content that was supposed to be there at release. If they did they would of done it by now.

Edited by socratesonetwo

• 9 months later...
and its still wierd now that we are now in 2021 and still the old bugs from older expension are still not fix will there have been report since day one and there still doing notting about fixing then since it seems there still not care about it and keep giving us more expensions that will get bugs in it that nerver gone be fix more.

and its still wierd now that we are now in 2021 and still the old bugs from older expension are still not fix will there have been report since day one and there still doing notting about fixing then since it seems there still not care about it and keep giving us more expensions that will get bugs in it that nerver gone be fix more.

A bug persisting does not inherently mean that:

- The developers are unaware of the bug.

- The developers do not care about the bug.

The problem is that bugs are really tricky. It can be difficult to figure out the source of a bug, and in games like MMOs, you tend to have so much spaghetti code that trying to fix one bug can lead to a multitude of others.

Point being: It's not an easy thing. You can't just identify the bug and snap your fingers and make it go away.

A bug persisting does not inherently mean that:

- The developers are unaware of the bug.

- The developers do not care about the bug.

The problem is that bugs are really tricky. It can be difficult to figure out the source of a bug, and in games like MMOs, you tend to have so much spaghetti code that trying to fix one bug can lead to a multitude of others.

Point being: It's not an easy thing. You can't just identify the bug and snap your fingers and make it go away.

true but here is something i have learn more and a lot off other people also.

the Taris bonus series was report on the forum in 2015 it took bioware 4 years later to finely understand there was a problem with it took then 4 years to understand there was a bug with the bonus series on terris.

we all understand its not easy to fix it but there letting us not know that there know about the problem.

if there report a bug since launch off the new expension then is a post from then that there gone look in to it something good but what there do is notting you hear notting and that means more there give notting about it since if there care about it there share it with the communety there know the problem and gone try to fix it.

and maybe there need to stop with releasing new expensions and first fix the old one's good before there release a new one and make it only worse

Edited by Spikanor