The UGLY truth about new gear and their "level scaling tech" in 6.0 and PVP

Shinzzun

To add to my post in general forum;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974076

As mentioned there I am challenging anyone to do actual scientific testing and prove that getting ilevel 306 gear and the new augs and especially the new amplifiers does ANYTHING at all to improve your characters or make them more competitive in PVP.

In fact I only see trolling and people saying "yesssss new gear is ABSOLUUUUUTE a Muuuuuuust to PVP and be competitive !" Yet all it is is claims with zero scientific testing to back it up in any way.

As is the case with PVE in 6.0 we have all been totally had and shamed and tricked by Bioware and by their so called "level scaling tech" there is no "tech" here just a pure and disgusting sham by Bioware instead, and nobody tested or verified it and just went into the gear grind as headless chickens.

Edited by Shinzzun

He said prove it. Not just say it.

Most set bonuses and tacticals demonstrably work...as in, they visibly add new effects and reduce cooldowns or provide crits. It's not really up for debate lol. Tons of theorycrafters have parsed with and without them, and you can seek out that kind of evidence if you want it. You can never "prove" anything like that in pvp, because no two pvp matches are the same.

As a side note, no one should be playing ranked without a set bonus and tactical. Ironically, despite max bolster, gear actually does matter more now than it did throughout 5.x. Luckily, it's pretty fast and easy to get a set bonus and tactical if you just play a few mm fps.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

For many classes the augments are unnecessary. You sacrifice some crit and alacrity in exchange for some mastery. Set bonus and tactical matters but as long as the mods/enhancement are the right stats at lower level, they bolster properly to 306 equivalent.

I am not sure wer r u coming from. But Musco trolled us, big time IMO.

Yes u need the set bonus, yes u need the correct Amplifer, and yes u need Augments in PvP.

In ranked I think it is a must.

I am not doing Ranked yet cause I have no augments. The players with the above three are hitting hard.

Also your tertiary stat needs to be as well good.

As mentioned there I am challenging anyone to do actual scientific testing and prove that getting ilevel 306 gear and the new augs and especially the new amplifiers does ANYTHING at all to improve your characters or make them more competitive in PVP.

In fact I only see trolling and people saying "yesssss new gear is ABSOLUUUUUTE a Muuuuuuust to PVP and be competitive !" Yet all it is is claims with zero scientific testing to back it up in any way.

As is the case with PVE in 6.0 we have all been totally had and shamed and tricked by Bioware and by their so called "level scaling tech" there is no "tech" here just a pure and disgusting sham by Bioware instead, and nobody tested or verified it and just went into the gear grind as headless chickens.

The more my crit multiplier goes up, the bigger my crits and the faster I melt ungeared opponents 🤷*♂️ That’s evidence enough for me. Numbers/TTK don’t lie. Go do some testing and find out for yourself.

Do you have any testing to back up your PVP claims? I read the first post in what you linked and you seem to be on the assumption PVP is level locked like PVE. That is not the case. Try out the bolster terminal on the fleet and and let us know what you find out.

By gear, I will assume you mean set bonus gear. It has been proven from WAY back that getting the set bonus gives a significant advantage in all content, so that point is moot.

As for the Amplifiers, check out this link for evidence of the increase in DPS when the appropriate amplifier is used for each class. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QmDklkEIBE6yBCTZNGb3zCLA3SPExJU_vNwSaJ6XTKE/edit#gid=567879846

It is impossible to recreate PvP conditions. Hence, the most reliable form of information has to be taken from parses. Obviously, if you are interested in knowing the impact that gear has on overall DPS then you can check that information yourself by doing parses of your own.

Also, as a general point of information, using Deception Assassin as an example. With the right tactical, you can make Discharge an AOE that will hit for about 20 k damage ( this is a significant DPS boost) and it generally kill groups of weak mobs instantly. The only AOE that Deception has is Lacerate and it will not hit multiple people for that much damage or kill them with one use, and Deception Sins do not take the utility that buffs lacerate in PvP. Also, with the Death Knell set bonus you can do 3 consecutive mauls that will do a minimum hit of 50k each up to about 86k. You CANNOT do that much damage without the set bonus from the Death Knell set. Go try it on a PvP dummy (for yourself). Here's a video with Deception, if you notice, the normal maul does about 30k damage, while the set bonus buff it to 72-85k.

In PvE the stats are capped for lower level content, yes. However, you set bonus gear still makes the progression easier, and depending on your tactical, it can make it even faster than before. For example, a single stealth player can now mez two mobs which makes it easier to avoid fighting groups of mods and finish flash-points quicker, whereas before you might need two stealth players on your team.

At no point in time did we ever NEED top tier gear to do regular WZ and story mode content. People have completed MM Dread Place with 246 gear and the veteran modes were easily cheesed in 230 by competent players. Top tier gear was always for freshly installed master Mode operations, and Ranked PvP (albeit not so much required for ranked). Also, augments were never NEEDED, especially not the top tier ones.

Edited by Yezzan

That's a thing all ready.

It's called parsley, and it proves everything.