Self Companions

JediQuaker

It would be interesting if we could use our alts - or more exactly, the image of our alts - as companions.

Given that the companions use the same body types and can wear the same armor as our characters, it shouldn't be too hard to make a blank companion that we could overlay an alt's form onto.

I'd love to be able to use my female Gunslinger (for example) as the healing companion for my male GS.

I'd really love that as i HD my fem smuggler as my male smuggler's co-pilot and the ship's mechanic.

I guess i could use one of Vette's customization option, but the one with the right skin tone doesn't have the right face, markings and eye colours :(

And well with that option, i could take a lot of screenies with the 2 of them together, even on Ord Mantell.

Edited by Goreshaga

Guild Wars 1 called a closely related feature "Mercenary Heroes". Heroes were a lot like companions, except you could use more of them at a time (instead of using Henchmen NPCs). Mercenary Heroes were created in exactly the manner described as visual clones of your max-level characters, although changing their appearance (other than their weapon) involved a bit of hand-waving trickery.

Nice feature.

Guild Wars 1 called a closely related feature "Mercenary Heroes". Heroes were a lot like companions, except you could use more of them at a time (instead of using Henchmen NPCs). Mercenary Heroes were created in exactly the manner described as visual clones of your max-level characters, although changing their appearance (other than their weapon) involved a bit of hand-waving trickery.

Nice feature.

It's GW that reminded me of this. In the later years of GW I had an entire 8 man group made up of clones of my alts.

If I recall, changing their appearance simply involved talking to some NPC. The clones' appearance didn't change when you changed the alt's appearance.

In the case of SWTOR I would assume that a "clone" companion would have the looks (hairstyle, makeup, etc), and wear the outfit, that they had when you cloned them. To change the clones appearance, you have to change the alt's appearance and then re-clone them.

Edited by JediQuaker

that never work.....I can see lightsabers flying from here! :p

Player: Yay! A new toy to play with!

BW: Look now, here how it work : You pick one of your characters and it will get tagged as a 'Sidekick' . Once the tag is placed, that character will fill the job your old sidekick filled . That include, getting slapped from time to time (If you have the emoticons of the warrior in your legacy), carry ALL the junk for you..so you can walk-swag freely at any time, and last...you can finally play the Sims Like inside Star Wars!

Player: YAY!! It sound so Good! Let's give it a run! Now...who should I pick for this ? hum...

*Nudge a Sorc* Come here you, you gonna fill the role of the com-

Sorc1: Hands off! How dare you mishandle me like that! I'm a Darth of the Dark Council, I'm Nox the Merciless, I'm the Queen of-..

Sorc 2: yeah yeah, we all heard it before :rolleyes:

Sorc 3: Murder and mayhem await! *Cough* I mean, pick me instead!

Player: Hum....how about the sith warrior ? *Look at the collection of Pure Blood Tomatoe standing and awaiting*

Tomatoe: Lana..Lana...lana...*pace around*..Lana...Lana...Lana...Lana....

Jedi Councilor: I sense this one is broken...trough the force....for Smoochie she is lacking..

Player: Sorry tomatoe, BW hasn't fixed the Lana Smoochie bug yet :(

*Player Spot both the Captain of Havoc Squad and the Smuggler huddled together in the corner*

Player: How about one of you ? huh ? *Nudge Nudge* Great Adventure...you get to play sidekick for once ?

Commander Shepard: *MEOW MEOW MEOW ! MEOW MEOW MOEOOOOOW!** (Translated from Cathar: Always up for gunning some Imps! Ready and Loaded Commander!)

*Garza: That one is under house arrest until I say so !*

Commander Shepard: *Hiss* MEOW!

Smuggler: Don't look at meh, you can't afford me!

Player: damn hutt, rising the pricing everywhere they go! :mad:

*Player turn back toward where the Sorc are in a showdown, two of them are at each others throat and the third one is cheering and screaming murder *

Sorc 1: Hands off slave!!! You regret for touching this skirt! It cost more then your freedom does!

Sorc2: You are only wearing the chest armor! Cheapskate! Can't you afford the whole set ??

Sorc 3: YES! KILL HER! BURN HER!!! SLAUGHTER EACH OTHERS!!!!!

*Player look toward the rest of the team left, of the few remaining only the Bounty Hunter she could spot.*

Player: Wanna join me to test this new toy of BW ?

BH: No contract, no job

Player: yeah, I know..but can we skip the contract this time around and just come with me ?

BH: No contract, no job .

Player: Stupid scripted Mando!!

BH: No contract, no job .

Player: Where is the Agent anyway? Don't see her around ?

BH: That info require a contract....

Player: Urgh nvm .

**Player return against their wills to the 3 fighting Sorc, still at it . Purples lightsabers flashing between them **

Player: Ok, play paper-scissor-rock and one of you come with me .

Sorc 1: SCISSOR! STABBY STABBY!

Sorc2: Amateur, ROCK! SMASH SMASH!

Sorc 3: RITUAL! DOOM AND LOOM! UPON YOU BOTH! *ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

Sorc 1&2: ARGHHHHHH! Cheater!

Sorc 3: MUAHAHAHA! Only the strong truly win!

Player: *Sigh* let's just go...broccolee ?

JC: Yes ? ^______^

Player: Clean this up...

(Later....)

Sorc 3: *Yawn* So go on already.....kill this stuff!

Player: You are supposed to heal me! MY HEALTH BAR IS DOWN, I'M ALMOST DEAD!

Sorc 3: I'm here to watch you die...not heal you !

Player: .........

Sorc3: Muahahahah! DIE DIE DIE! NO HEALING!

Player: They said it will be fun......:mad: