5 Hour Slicing Results

WakeZero

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. Slicing missions are for augments anyways. Any serious slicer isn't sending their pets on missions for boxes, unless it's just to level the skill. After the nerf I went to Voss and tested on boxes. 150k credits in an hour. Not much of a nerf to me.

So you are saying before the nerf you could get 300-450k credits in an hour in Voss ? The patch nerfed yields from lockboxes globally down to 30-50% (documented change), so that would be the conclusion. Also augments ... the market for those is tiny with most of the stuff being unsellable.

Edited by Repefe

It's hardly a stealth nerf as it was stated in the patch notes it was OP. I understand from all the posts here the OP was only pissed due to the way BW haven't commented on their own forum's, and then cause he could make more doing another crew skill and selling the mats.

This of course does involve actually selling the mats, and not def credits from slicing. As soon as peoples multi millions start running from pre nerf slicing I bet people will be a whole lot less willing to splash out serious cash on mats, so other skills could also be a bust.

Just remember this is a mmo, things change, and don't have to be answered by a BW employee to keep everyone happy, that's what patch notes are for.

It's hardly a stealth nerf as it was stated in the patch notes it was OP. I understand from all the posts here the OP was only pissed due to the way BW haven't commented on their own forum's, and then cause he could make more doing another crew skill and selling the mats.

This of course does involve actually selling the mats, and not def credits from slicing. As soon as peoples multi millions start running from pre nerf slicing I bet people will be a whole lot less willing to splash out serious cash on mats, so other skills could also be a bust.

Just remember this is a mmo, things change, and don't have to be answered by a BW employee to keep everyone happy, that's what patch notes are for.

At least you bring up valid discussion points, unlike all the flamers. I'm quite aware of the volatility of MMOs, but making a knee-jerk nerf a week after launch on one profession is what I'm most upset about. Especially when there are things I expect from an MMO that I would like to have as a higher priority then nerfing someone's ability to make money.

Say, UI customization anyone?

At least you bring up valid discussion points, unlike all the flamers. I'm quite aware of the volatility of MMOs, but making a knee-jerk nerf a week after launch on one profession is what I'm most upset about. Especially when there are things I expect from an MMO that I would like to have as a higher priority then nerfing someone's ability to make money.

Im not looking to triple my money but to LOSE credits!!! Come on!

Quite possibly why it was hit so hard is cause of how bad it could of got, or already has. A few friends who are similar levels to myself are sat on a nest egg of a few mil each, pretty much all from slicing. My current bank balance is 12000 credits, as I didn't slice, can't sell the items I make due to a flooded market, and at level 30ish make little if no profit of the mats I can sell.

If they hadn't swung the nerf bat this time in a month people would be pushing 20 mil+ easily, and people who don't slice would be buggered buying anything from the ah as they couldn't afford the over inflated prices that slicers could pay.

In reality slicing should of been altered before launch, as making a million credits in a week or 2 of playing compared to a small bank balance without being a slicer isn't going to do anyone any favours.

Quite possibly why it was hit so hard is cause of how bad it could of got, or already has. A few friends who are similar levels to myself are sat on a nest egg of a few mil each, pretty much all from slicing. My current bank balance is 12000 credits, as I didn't slice, can't sell the items I make due to a flooded market, and at level 30ish make little if no profit of the mats I can sell.

If they hadn't swung the nerf bat this time in a month people would be pushing 20 mil+ easily, and people who don't slice would be buggered buying anything from the ah as they couldn't afford the over inflated prices that slicers could pay.

In reality slicing should of been altered before launch, as making a million credits in a week or 2 of playing compared to a small bank balance without being a slicer isn't going to do anyone any favours.

The credits gain from lv50 will inflate the AH price. Even lv 30 questing will net you tons of money and better than running slicing at 400 which were design for lv 40+. The only thing that makes it bad is you can get a low lv toons and bring its slicing skill to 400. Thats why ppl suggest to add lvl requirement. The money from slicing was suppose to help them use the credits to buy gear / mats cost they sacrifice one of the gathering/mission skill to pickup slicing.

And I think most slicers agree it needed a nerf. But not to the extent it received.

Edit: I've gone ahead and cancelled my subscription, stating my unhappiness with the slicing nerf. Companies only care about money, so they will only care if I stop giving it to them. You should do the same if you are unhappy with the nerf. If they want to keep touting their 1-2 million player base, they better start treating their players better before everyone's month of free game time is over.

Edit 2: I cancelled my sub because if I don't like their product or what they do with it, as a consumer I'm putting my money where my mouth is. That's when consumers are heard. Welcome to the free market. And if in the 22 days I have left of my initial game time they make a statement and some sort of correction to slicing, I may resubscribe. The point is, it's my decision what I do with my money. If BioWare wants it, then I hope they start treating their customers with more respect. Not responding to even one of these threads is insulting.

I'm level 400 slicing, and I've been sending out 3 companions for the past 5 hours on slicing missions, hand selecting the best rate of return missions I've found for lockboxes.

I've made a total of 10,000 credits from the endeavor.

What's the point? I can turn in two quests for that kind of return, or grind mobs and sell 10 minutes worth of grey items to get the same amount. I'm not bashing here, just posting cold hard facts from personal work and experience.

My conclusion is that Slicing was nerfed too much, regardless of whether you think it should have been nerfed at all. Worst of all, I was told to choose slicing if I don't want to craft items. Guess I'm forced to craft now. I'll be switching to a new profession soon, because slicing isn't doing anything for me.

plz for the love of god dont come back. your the type of(what can i say to stay polite...)player that ruin another mmo by your constant crying on official forums.its tooooooooo hard nerf it and ruin the game for everybody else coz i suck too much at this game so put the game at my level regardless of the rest of the community or i going to unsub coz i dont like the slicing nerf(that was op) you guys did. go back to wow and dont let the door hit you on your a** on the way out.

plz for the love of god dont come back. your the type of(what can i say to stay polite...)player that ruin another mmo by your constant crying on official forums.its tooooooooo hard nerf it and ruin the game for everybody else coz i suck too much at this game so put the game at my level regardless of the rest of the community or i going to unsub coz i dont like the slicing nerf(that was op) you guys did. go back to wow and dont let the door hit you on your a** on the way out.

Go to school and learn to spell please.

Edited by WakeZero

Slicing provides missions for most gathering/mission skills, cybertech patterns, and augments from missions.

... seems like a decent list for a skill that provides nothing but credits, my Bioanlysis provides materials for Biochem... and thats it.

The problem is that the missions slicing provides are NOT REQUIRED. Now, if BW had made it so that those missions were required to get purple mats it would be different. I don't think you would see a single person complaining about slicing, because they would then be able to obtain something that is needed. Right now most missions make very little, or even go at a loss. Go check the GTN, you will see missions that vendor for more than they are selling for.

It's really a simple fix. BW could pick 1.

1) make it so lockboxes return with a 10% gain

or

2) Make it so that gathering missions can no longer obtain purple mats unless you use a slicing mission

I prefer option 2, because then people can't complain slicing is making too much money. All of the money it would be making would come from the players.

That's exactly what the players did to get slicing nerfed though. THey went to the forums and complained until bioware "hard nerfed" it. So you are saying the players like you that complain about slicing should leave?

Edited by Tenetke

Congratulations. Slicing missions are for augments anyways. Any serious slicer isn't sending their pets on missions for boxes, unless it's just to level the skill. After the nerf I went to Voss and tested on boxes. 150k credits in an hour. Not much of a nerf to me.

^^ This. This is why all the whining is mind-blowing. you can still make money at slicing. you just can't abuse it as a gathering skill anymore. simple nuff.

the whiners are those who were getting used to the EZ money from a broken system. I'm still making money on my slicers, jut like Cubert is. But im doing what most the whiners don't bring up. I'm gathering instead of hopping across a server full of toons to run missions.

I'll give credit to those who are frustrated with this as part of a larger problem. but 95% of the griping is because Bio took away the EZ mode cash cow. good riddance IMO. I have my own ideas about how to fix slicing (because it definitely needs something), but none of it involves upping the mission cash returns.

Edited by Elyx

The credits gain from lv50 will inflate the AH price. Even lv 30 questing will net you tons of money and better than running slicing at 400 which were design for lv 40+. The only thing that makes it bad is you can get a low lv toons and bring its slicing skill to 400. Thats why ppl suggest to add lvl requirement. The money from slicing was suppose to help them use the credits to buy gear / mats cost they sacrifice one of the gathering/mission skill to pickup slicing.

The 60-70% nerf that has been talked about would still have netted friends best part of a mil by now if itt had been implemented from day 1 which is still stupid amounts more than a non slicer could have possibly earnt in the same time frame though, unless every single crafted item sold which just doesnt happen.

The 60-70% nerf that has been talked about would still have netted friends best part of a mil by now if itt had been implemented from day 1 which is still stupid amounts more than a non slicer could have possibly earnt in the same time frame though, unless every single crafted item sold which just doesnt happen.

So it was cool to nerf slicing because syth/armor/armstech are inferior to flashpoint gear and commendation vendors?

I haven't seen any augmentable gear crafted, and if you say it's for end game, as far as I know raid gear doesn't have augment slots.

So if I can't get raid gear with augment slots... I have to get a critical on a crafting recipe (1%?)... I then I have to do slicing to get a RANDOM augment and hope it's the one I want.

Sounds like a great idea to waste a crew skill on.

I am also un-subbing due to the nerfing policies. If all it's going to take is a bunch of people whining on the forums to make BW nerf something to oblivion, then my uber-FL-spec Sith Sorceror is going to be on that list soon enough. And I've worked pretty hard at leveling him up and assigning the points exactly where I need them. Much like the slicers have leveled their slicing skills up to not have to deal with crafting to make money.

WZ said it once, I'll re-iterate: I'm not un-subbing because of slicing being useless, I'm un-subbing because BW doesn't bother to hear both sides of a nerf request before shattering whatever it is with an overgrown nerf bat. As people get better at playing their classes, it is inevitable that one of the classes will be deemed OP and then nerfed into uselessness. So all of that time and effort that people went through to level up that class correctly will, at the click of a patch button, be magically gone...and the user is back to square one.

Reading this thread back to back, I keep reading "RAGE QUIT!!!!" sorry but your argument that your quitting because they havent responded to the issue stated that the nerf was over the top, just isent valid.

Has anyone considered that they might have dumped it down fast and hard because it was indeed providing the community with way to many credits, people being able to buy the 1.500.000credit speeder before hitting level 40 was just plain stupied.

And the argument that "I was not abusing it, the credit is just a bi-product of my crafting" **** people see a potential avenue for making credits and they sieze it. Slicing was the single best reason for China to invest vast amount of time into this game to sell of the credits.'

The game is 10 days old, give it a break. I bet half the staff is on holiday and will be back with a vengance in 2012. You dont see every Mura player quitting because of the lag off Medium armor from the Dark/Light vendors or the overall poor itemization for mura's.

So to be fair GL HF the rest of us will enjoy the extra space once your gone.

I am also un-subbing due to the nerfing policies. If all it's going to take is a bunch of people whining on the forums to make BW nerf something to oblivion, then my uber-FL-spec Sith Sorceror is going to be on that list soon enough. And I've worked pretty hard at leveling him up and assigning the points exactly where I need them. Much like the slicers have leveled their slicing skills up to not have to deal with crafting to make money.

WZ said it once, I'll re-iterate: I'm not un-subbing because of slicing being useless, I'm un-subbing because BW doesn't bother to hear both sides of a nerf request before shattering whatever it is with an overgrown nerf bat. As people get better at playing their classes, it is inevitable that one of the classes will be deemed OP and then nerfed into uselessness. So all of that time and effort that people went through to level up that class correctly will, at the click of a patch button, be magically gone...and the user is back to square one.

Im just...

...really?

have you guys played other MMO's before? If this is enough to upset you, then I'm glad you haven't tried other MMO's, they'd decimate you with the level of nerfs constantly going on.

and in all honesty...It's only a general opinion (held by mostly those who are cranky about the nerf), that Bio didn't listen to both sides.

How do you know that they didn't listen to you?

just because they decided to do it anyway? thats a pretty immature way of seeing things...."because I didn't get it my way they obviously weren't listening to me."

What if they listened, and didn't agree with you? seems like that's just as plausible (or more so) then the whole Bio hates us and listens to whiners theory.

Reading this thread back to back, I keep reading "RAGE QUIT!!!!" sorry but your argument that your quitting because they havent responded to the issue stated that the nerf was over the top, just isent valid.

Has anyone considered that they might have dumped it down fast and hard because it was indeed providing the community with way to many credits, people being able to buy the 1.500.000credit speeder before hitting level 40 was just plain stupied.

And the argument that "I was not abusing it, the credit is just a bi-product of my crafting" **** people see a potential avenue for making credits and they sieze it. Slicing was the single best reason for China to invest vast amount of time into this game to sell of the credits.'

The game is 10 days old, give it a break. I bet half the staff is on holiday and will be back with a vengance in 2012. You dont see every Mura player quitting because of the lag off Medium armor from the Dark/Light vendors or the overall poor itemization for mura's.

So to be fair GL HF the rest of us will enjoy the extra space once your gone.

Have be careful about it though. People said that in RIFT during the first month, look at what happened. The simple fact is that single player games are advancing far faster than mmos. I took a break from Skyrim to play this, and I thought surely I wouldn't ever play it again. I was wrong, though.

I applaud the idea that people are willing to put their money where their mouth is. If someone disagrees with the direction a company is heading then let them stand firm and not give that company money. You can check my join date on these forums, oct 08. I've been waiting on this game for longer than that actually. That said, I'm holding out to see if things will change. If there are big nerfs with that first big patch I will simply cut my losses and chalk it up to another lesson learned. I think you, and Bioware, underestimate how resolute some people are in their ideas. I put years into WoW, then I said hey if they nerf again like this I'm out. Wasn't even my class or anything, it was the direction they were heading. They did, and I quit. I bought my CE of RIFT. Played it, enjoyed it but then they started the nerf/buff cycle. I said I wouldn't play through it again, and when they announced another cycle I unsubbed. I will do the same here. Of course I'm still around, and I honestly hope that Bioware will be different. I hope that they will go "o.k., we nerfed this but from now on we are putting real effort into the game. If something is broken we will figure out the core reason why and address that not just cave in to forum QQ." Do I think that will happen? No, I honestly don't. The slicing issue was their first big test, and they failed. Do I hope it will happen, YES. That would be great.

edit:

Trying to put down on people, or guilt them into not leaving a game just shows that you also see the problem as well. The poster above basically said "It's alright for them to do this, because other games do" You should understand there are people that didn't play MMOs, or had given them up, but came back because it was Bioware. Putting your faith in a company only to see the truth of it leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth. Instead of people trying to berate the OP, you guys should congratulate him on having the balls to stand up for what he believes in. That is a rare quality in this day.

Edited by Tenetke

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.