Game is too hard now [From casual player's perspective]

MariusThePaladin

A 7 yo daughter of my friend has completes main story, KOTFE and KOTET by using only basic attack on her sentinel.

Solo content really can't be easier than it was in 5.0 and is now.

Really, is this thead just some kind of bad trolling attempt? What do you guys want, game playing itself? But that's already the case, your companion can solo anything up to MM FP for you.

Age has nothing to do with gameplay, it doesn't mark ability. Trolling is the same, doesn't matter how old the troll is supposed to be, they are still trolls (but acting like kids), I think you don't have to look far from yourself to see trolling, bad trolling...:rolleyes:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its ridiculous to think that ramping up the difficulty is going to be popular with most players.

Know what? I did the heroic 4 on belsavis the other night. No, I didn't complete the bonus part of it. I basicly "died" my way thru it to the part where you throw the 'grenade" at the end. In 274 gear as a marksman sniper. I DO have level 50 companion set on heal. (Love me my Zoom). No, I don't have better gear. And how can I get better gear except by grinding thru old content? Which I can't do if they make things so freaking difficult.

No, I couldn't get a group to do it with. There were …. count them..... 2 people on the empire side in section x. That's it.

Another thing is they ramped up the star fortress level in STORY mode to 75.

That is not even in line with where the star fortresses "fit" in the story line. The fortresses come during when you are introduced to Odessan. Which were introduced at LEVEL 60 originally (back when that was the level cap).

Ramp it down guys, we're dyin' here.

Another complaint: Nodes that you have to find to complete quests on the new planets <Mek-sha and O.> are only showing up in the PVP instance. Not in the PVE. Wanna know how many times I've had to jump instances into the pvp instance just to find a little blue dot in the middle of the jungle.....If it shows up ALL the time in one instance, how come they can't make it appear in all instances? It's the same pixels...

Today, as a Sith Juggernaught DPS (Vengence), I tried doing the same +2 Heroic that I has been struggling with as a BH DPS (Advanced Prototype) and below is the result.

https://imgur.com/q0uH5vx

I don't know if it's due to Advanced Prototype being too squishy or anything, but my Jugg pull through this pretty much with ease. (Gear rating 246, lvl 75).

I didn't even have to use med packs, and due to the changes bossfight is a bit less boring now, and healer Jaessar also fight more "Realisitc" now since she'd periodically stop healing to attack with lightsaber. So there's some positives when it comes to force user classes I guess ?

Sill, I don't know what to say man. Sure, it's cool I could still pull through the game as a Jugg, but people want to play other classes too, and if they finds to so hard it's practically impassibles wouldn't that be unfair and not good enough ?

Edited by MariusThePaladin

Snip.

Thanks for the reply, and thank you for congratulating me.

Nothing I would like to add about 1. and the first part of 2.

Now this part :

"The higher the planet the more difficult they are because what abilities the enemies use increases with the levels."

This is not true. I think along the way the dev broke something here. As I stated before, when I reach Makeb I could prettymuch "Facedive" the whole planet. Heroics or Planetary Quest and whatnot, yet at the same class, same gear rating, comp level, and player level, I was struggling with Belsavis's +2 Heroics.

Clearly something broke. Maybe they suppressed player stats too much at lower level?

"Though it still remains, H2+ for me would need more than 1 player + 1 comp and I'd expect one player with a comp to struggle hard there."

"though I stand by my opinion that their difficulty varies and that not everyone should be able to solo (all of) them."

Now, this is where I disagree with you. If you/the dev want Heroics that can't be soloed then fine. But re-brand it to +3 or +4 Heroics. Simply don't put it in same category as +2. Or just replace +2 or +4 with [Group Activity] or something.

"can you entertain the idea that actually might be on purpose? To incentivise solo players to take part in the new gearing system too?"

No, that couldn't be. If they do that that means they intentionally break the story, as heroics are part of the planetary's story, while the locked crates belongs to what happens after the Shadow of Revan's event.

Me going to the future event to unlock NPC that can unlock the crates containing powerful gears then come back to complete assignment on planets in past would not make any sense at all.

I also have a problem with how, if you want to do this, you'd probably have to spacebar through everything too.

"There is high gear group content, wouldn't be that far fetched to have high gear solo content too. "

High gear group content is not ties to planetary quest, meaning it has no actual chronological order to it, so you can do it anytime. Heroics are not like that.

"Something in that former middle-ground was apparently not to Bioware's liking, or else nothing would have been changed. Neither with the comps, nor with the level sync."

Could be what you pointed out after this, that they intentionally change the whole game due to some lvl 75 adjustment, and that break it.

"it's also the technical side, the various game parts of MMOs simply are not as separated as many people seem to think."

After the whole Makeb thing (as I pointed out) and how I could cleared with ease by using Jugg the same Heroic that killed by BH multiple time, I agree with this, but I think it is caused by mistake and not intentional. It is far too inconsistant.

Also, just to be clear,

The reason why I compared it to Dark Souls was the method that one might have to resort to in order to fight through group enemies in heroics that I deem impassible.

In Dark Souls you're suppose to die, a lot, before you can beat something.

Because to win against enemies in that game is to do trials and errors.

You fight something and you make a mistake and you die. Then you get resurrected and go back to fight it again with knowledge of what to do to avoid dying like the last time.

Now you may die again but this time you know the enemy have a weakspot.

Then you get resurrected come back to fight the same enemy with knowledge of what to do and don't now.

So you'd die a lot before you could beat an enemy.

But that make sense in Dark Souls context because YOU ARE AN IMMORTAL UNDEAD, even according to the lore. You're weak, sure, but you're unkillable.

Now, in impassible heroic, you face against group of 5 enemies that you can't win against if you face the whole group of 5 at once. So what'd you do.

You take one down at the cost of your life. Then you use medical probe to respawn on the spot and then you take down another one. Even though you die again it's now 1 vs 3 and not 1 vs 5. So that's one way to win against a group enemy.

BUT HOW WOULD THAT MAKE SENSE. You are not a Sith Emperor. You are not immortal. And you have to keep dying against some random goons/robots just to beat them ?

Not to mention it's unfun. If you have to resort to this kind of thing in FP or even Ops raids, all other players would leave your group!

Conclusion:

Your want a game where you just stand around and the companion does your job.

I think it's kind of embarrassing. As a movement -dyslexics, I seem to be better off than some.

And if somebody moans now, I make fun of bad players. Yeah, I'm just doing.

1. The solo content isn´t difficult, as long as you turn your brain on. (At least now and then.)

2. H2 should not be so easy to do. It is especially marked as slightly more difficult solo content.

3. H4 are for groups.

4. There are a few content bug. Examples:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970824

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970201

I do not think it was so intended.

Edited by Batwer

Now, this is where I disagree with you. If you/the dev want Heroics that can't be soloed then fine. But re-brand it to +3 or +4 Heroics. Simply don't put it in same category as +2. Or just replace +2 or +4 with [Group Activity] or something.

No, that couldn't be. If they do that that means they intentionally break the story, as heroics are part of the planetary's story, while the locked crates belongs to what happens after the Shadow of Revan's event.

Me going to the future event to unlock NPC that can unlock the crates containing powerful gears then come back to complete assignment on planets in past would not make any sense at all.

I also have a problem with how, if you want to do this, you'd probably have to spacebar through everything too.

Up until 4.0, heroics, even the H2s were HARD to solo at level. They were considered group content, not solo. When 4.0 launched with level sync Bioware reworked all of the heroics to be very easy, with just one or two exceptions. That is when the stories in heroics were broken by having NPC quest givers removed. Bioware clearly didn't give a **** about the integrity of the stories in heroics. It wasn't having the potential of doing them out of order, it was the fact that they actually stripped parts of the stories away to make them convenient for quick travel. I don't recall anyone saying H2 meant 1 player with 1 companion until after 4.0 when people questioned whey something labeled as "heroic" was anything but. While heroics are harder now than they were post 4.0, they are still much easier than they were prior to 4.0 when done at level.

Well I think I will never write in this thread because I like that some content is harder now. But with my comeback I decide to go KOTFE and KOTET on master for the first time. When I played last time when it was released i did all story and few vets.

OK i get it, master harder.. die few times :D but no, after 6.0 you make it just like DARK SOULS :) every normal mob can kill you like nothing, strong mob easily, one elite knight of zakuul for sure, exarch boss on last chapter instakill me on one normal hit, and my companion with it, wiped out even 2 players and 2 comps, we managed with luck in two persons, I think you need full group. if you don´t have heroic moment on, and you are DPS especially :) Comp infl.50 helps a bit, but as tank, on heal he can´t keep up healing and u die on normal mobs anyway :)

Well slowly I get into it and was able to finish it only 3-4 times on boss with aid of other ppl otherwise me as Commando 75, 306 gear, high presence, influence 50 will not be able to do it. But ok KOTFE master done.. so What doesn´t kill me makes me stronger ya?

KOTET chapter 1: Defense at the Tower of Prophecy. ARE YOU FAKIN KIDDING ME? It is not a bossfight, but huge amount of mobs, especially those small droids will snipe me on 2-3 shots each, and there are a lot of them. Died 14 times here. There are 3 kolto stations ok..,I need to always wait for heoric moment CD, use all defense skills, stimpacks and survived it few times, close but ok. And then? Zakuul knights come, strong mobs which are impossible to kill with all defenses on cooldown, and tha who knows if it is is not even last wave.. Companion infl.50 on heals do can´t do nothing, dmg is faar more higher than he can heal.

My point: Eventhough I never played Master on release, ofc It used to be hard, but every YT video, every guide, it seems hard but like at least 10 times less then it is after 6.0. The difference is brutal and cannot be overlooked. So Eric, and you all others, you seriously ****ed up scaling after 6.0 on chapters. Something which is really nice to play, story, challenge, but right now I quite after dying 27 times on this defence, and it is not hard, it is not challenge, it is just stupid! not fun..and playing that just makes me angry..and sad to spent time on something you guys don´t even play after yourself...:confused: because If you do you will see and realize: oh.. what is this...something is totally wrong.

Edited by XaronTN

This sort of makes me giggle, cause when the game launched I was playing a sentinel for my first character...

I was lvl 41 geared to my level, had doc "FINALLY" and could not for the life of me kill the Sith on Tatooine to Start Chapter 2. Needless to say I deleted that character shortly after and disappointedly rolled a Guardian to level instead for my first character...

Sorry friend no sympathy here. you don't know squat about hard gaming SWTOR unless you were the first through the gate. Just saying... ;)

EDIT: wait a minute, hmm maybe I didn't have Doc, hes in Chapter 3 right.... Those Marauders Were BA back then shredded my poor 41 sent so many times lol

Edited by CKNORTH

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the story and hit level 75. I decided to try the Heroic2 quest: "Brotherhood Emancipation". There was a champion "Brothers Guard" guarding the door. I attacked him and got him damaged about for 1% of his hit points before i died.

I'm Jedi Guardian and i'm using level 21 healer companion. There's no way that even 2 of me could beat that first enemy. I assume two guys with 306 items and healing companion's could beat him?

Is my only option to grind flashpoints to get better gear if i don't want to do pvp or ****** space content?

Or Onderon dailies?

Edited by Arinator

I just finished the story and hit level 75. I decided to try the Heroic2 quest: "Brotherhood Emancipation". There was a champion "Brothers Guard" guarding the door. I attacked him and got him damaged about for 1% of his hit points before i died.

I'm Jedi Guardian and i'm using level 21 healer companion. There's no way that even 2 of me could beat that first enemy. I assume two guys with 306 items and healing companion's could beat him?

Is my only option to grind flashpoints to get better gear if i don't want to do pvp or ****** space content?

Or Onderon dailies?

Just Queue Hammer Station, easy FP can get geared relatively quickly, and ques are usually pretty quick.

Just Queue Hammer Station, easy FP can get geared relatively quickly, and ques are usually pretty quick.

Ok i will. I did 6 Onderon dailies today, i suppose i'll do those daily then and then some Hammer Station. Just felt down when i got my sith beaten out of me in heroic2, since i like so few activities.

You keep saying this so now I am going to ask you a question. What about the Heroic 4 in Section X and please don't say get a group for it because that will be funny. Even before level sync and all the changes you could never find a group for it. You could start looking for a group for it when you arrived and still not find anyone. Next you are going to say, skip it but it is part of the weekly daily so not possible to skip it since it is part of the weekly.

For me not a problem, since I have some stealth characters or if a guild member is on I can get them or my boyfriend to help me but not everyone has that to help them. So how in the world are people going to do that one when you can't get a group for it..........

I've just created .. and been running 3 characters (LS) .. and have done heroics / FP's … etc that are available PRE-KotFE/ET. So far no real issues. (NOTE: NOT ALL FP's and Heroics … but SEVERAL).

IMO … they're not so much as harder … but more tedious and time consuming: requiring more tactical strategy / stims / and keeping gear reasonably updated (primarily with greens from the fleet). NOTHING special. Gear is NOT maxed out. Heck I never get and seldom use BIS in every slot. I do get one … from time to time … but like me.. nothing special here at all.

I will say that Jedi is slower to "work" than Smuggler or Commando … again not too difficult.. but definitely more time consuming.