If you think not having cross-server WZ is okay, then you might be insane.

yellowledbetter

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

That's what this server exclusive pvp is. Until we can open up cross server, you will be playing huttball 80% of the time because it allows for same faction pvp and you will be forced to fight that same level 50 pre-made over and over again until they either quit for the night or you decide to call it quits.

Stop saying that keeping it same server is good for the community. You're wrong. People will stop queuing up and warzone queue times will rise. It is inevitable.

The solution is simple. Create battle groups. A group of 5-6 servers that cross over for pvp purposes. You will still see the same names and you can still get your false sense of unity. It's all there except huttball games go down and they can pit pre-mades exclusively against other pre-mades. Until that time, expect to suffer and see these forums loaded with the same complaints.

almost every server is imbalanced and favoring the Empire from a population standpoint. X-server warzones won't allow you to play Huttball less often, it will jut allow you to play huttball with other Imps on another server.

Pro tip: if you don't want to play 80% huttball, try being part of the solution to population imbalance and roll republic.

Pro tip: if you don't want to play 80% huttball, try being part of the solution to population imbalance and roll republic.

And that ends another Empire thread about only playing Huttball.

Really if you want the benefit of being on the underpopulated side, just roll Republic :)

Edited by Vlaid

NO

Leave the servers the way they are, so we can become familiar with the enemy. It's great to see the same people over and over again. I'm sorry if you can't counter their strategies, but that is not a cross-server population problem.

This literally has nothing to do with anything. How does a random pug counter a bunch of people in vent? Typing harder? Familiar with the enemy? What does this even mean?

Actually, it won't stop the massive amount of Imp v. Imp Huttball games at all. Seeing as how the massive population disparity between factions seems to be across most if not all servers. The only real way to stop all those Empire Huttball games is for more people to roll Republic.

That said, I really dislike cross-server queuing, for Warzones or Flashpoints. Recognizing the names you're fighting with or against is only part of it. When cross-server queuing, you can't look a person up later for a pre-made, you're less likely to see familiar names again because the player pool is so much more massive, and it allows for an easier time of harassment (harder to report someone if they're not on your server). And worst of all, it opens the door to the idea of a cross-server Flashpoint finder. I won't go into the reasons why I despite cross-server group finders, just leave it be said that after experiencing it in other games, I'll never play a game with it again.

Bioware needs to offer a one time free faction transfer. I'm willing to take one for the team and play a JK instead of a Jugg despite not really liking the way JK's look/animations/stories etc but I'm sorry, with a fresh release and the fact that this games grind actually takes time I really don't want to start over right now.

I'm wiling to be "part of the solution" but not if it means falling behind everyone and wasting my time. it's not Imp players faults for playing what they liked, Bioware could have done a better job on Republic PR honestly.

So make your own premade and get better?

Cross realm WZ are a bad idea. PvP in WoW was better back when you actually got to fight the same people all the time, make rivalries etc.

Keeping everything on your realm allows you to blacklist people, which helps to cut down on trolls and ninjas too.

This literally has nothing to do with anything. How does a random pug counter a bunch of people in vent? Typing harder? Familiar with the enemy? What does this even mean?

Ok, so let's try Math out.

If you have 1 server where the population of Republic to Empire is 1:2 and then take 4 other servers where the Republic to Empire population is 1:2 you are still left with an overall Republic to Empire ratio of 1:2.

Cross server warzones do not solve anything for the amount of Huttball games a person plays.

The big downside to cross server warzones is you do NOT get to keep seeing the same players over and over again. When I play in a warzone I have a chance to see that person in the open world as well. This creates a server potential for political conflict. Cross server warzones don't create the same persistent state.

Cross realm WZ are a bad idea. PvP in WoW was better back when you actually got to fight the same people all the time, make rivalries etc.

Keeping everything on your realm allows you to blacklist people, which helps to cut down on trolls and ninjas too.

Yeah, PvP in wow was so much better when it was same server. Trading wins to boost rank. So awesome.

Yeah, PvP in wow was so much better when it was same server. Trading wins to boost rank. So awesome.

The real pvpers couldn't trade wins in vanilla because they would be on a pvp server. Thus they couldn't make chars of the opposite faction to contact to make plans to trade wins.

So you use a quote implying that some how BG PvP across all games has always failed, which is untrue. WoW's failed because it held no value and the system was twisted so that most people who played them were there to treat it like PvE, to create the most efficient route to loot, not to victory. Mix that with the game being divided into brackets that reduced the pool of players available for any given bracket, and you end up with fail.

SWTOR has already taken steps, and I hope they take further steps in making victory more desirable then just showing up. Mix that with multi level game play preventing a sorting by bracket, and you will have players queuing.

Systems like cross server queuing are good fall backs when your game population starts to fail and you need to bring together the players to give them a larger pool of people to play against.

I think instead of screaming about getting rid of hutball or anything, we should be requesting that more interfaction PvP BG's are created, and potentially make all of them interfactionable.

Basically to whine about anything like 'to much Hutball' or any of that is simply the failure of the user to figure out how to resolve the problem, which is go play Republic and enjoy instant queues for anything whenever you want.

I have noticed my servers teamwork vastly improve over the last weak and I have no doubt that a large part of this is because many of us are familiar with each other.

I agree with this ^^ +1

The best thing i love about same server warzones is when you first enter a warzone and you recognize some people and talk to them, it's even better when you recognize somebody on the enemy team and run away in fear or think o this guy is going down.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein

That's what this server exclusive pvp is. Until we can open up cross server, you will be playing huttball 80% of the time because it allows for same faction pvp and you will be forced to fight that same level 50 pre-made over and over again until they either quit for the night or you decide to call it quits.

Stop saying that keeping it same server is good for the community. You're wrong. People will stop queuing up and warzone queue times will rise. It is inevitable.

The solution is simple. Create battle groups. A group of 5-6 servers that cross over for pvp purposes. You will still see the same names and you can still get your false sense of unity. It's all there except huttball games go down and they can pit pre-mades exclusively against other pre-mades. Until that time, expect to suffer and see these forums loaded with the same complaints.

BW has said that they have in their back pocket development for cross server ques that they will begin to impliment when it appears that it's neccesary. I think that's a good idea because we can see if the same server ques work, but have the security of the option of cross server.

Which is good, because honestly I'm with you. It's only a matter of time until one faction is perceived as the loser and stops queing. That has happened in literally every MMO I've ever played ever. Including WoW.

BW has said that they have in their back pocket development for cross server ques that they will begin to impliment when it appears that it's neccesary. I think that's a good idea because we can see if the same server ques work, but have the security of the option of cross server.

Which is good, because honestly I'm with you. It's only a matter of time until one faction is perceived as the loser and stops queing. That has happened in literally every MMO I've ever played ever. Including WoW.

If that is true why haven't alliance stopped queing? Horde wins 70% of battlegrounds from what ive seen.

So problem #1 is too few players

We know that server populations are more limited now than they will be in the future. Also, the majority of players are probably still leveling and not partaking in pvp as actively as they would until they reach 50. My hope is that this is a self correcting problem as the pool of active pvpers on each server increases.

The best possible solution would be if server populations grew like 10 times in my opinion. I enjoy seeing the same players, but not every match. Nor do I want an infinite pool of nameless faces who I can't hit up after a match.

Problem #2 Empire heavy populations

As many others have argued, if every server is empire heavy, x-server matchmaking won't help anything, nor will server transfers. The root issue of why players are choosing empire needs to be balanced for the republic. In my opinion, the fantasy of being imperial is winning out.

I think Republic needs a marketing campaign