Maintenance: November 14th, 2019

EricMusco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously--how many players did this just screw over? I have a stack of gear on an alt as I used up the tiny cap on Tech fragments. Sure hope I got the right ones...

calm down. the items you bought are still refundable. just new ones will not be

Ugh, I'm still waiting on the patch, but I'm trying to gt the Preserver set and this does not bode well for my armoring ambitions.

Before the patch I'd get two pieces of moddable gear from each boss (I'm full 306, it'd usually be 304/306 or a mix) now I'm getting junk unmoddable gear, the odd modification and a much rarer moddable piece from the bosses instead. My 306 Scoundrel just got a 290 enhancement. :rolleyes: Only thing that ever gave janky drops was the end crate after the final boss.

Before the patch I'd get two pieces of moddable gear from each boss (I'm full 306, it'd usually be 304/306 or a mix) now I'm getting junk unmoddable gear, the odd modification and a much rarer moddable piece from the bosses instead. My 306 Scoundrel just got a 290 enhancement. :rolleyes: Only thing that ever gave janky drops was the end crate after the final boss.

I'm still working to 306 at the moment. I was sick for about two weeks and just didn't have the energy to do anything that helped with a lot of upward progression. I'm mostly running Red Reaper until my eyes bleed now, lol.

This also reminds me: what about Ossus? With the exception of the decorations vendor, nothing about Ossus was changed. The other vendors still demand Masterwork and Ancient Data Crystals, the world boss weeklies and event weekly still award the old currency and the Mysterious Smuggler is still present, offering to trade now non-existent Unassembled Components for more Masterwork Crystals.

Will the lack of feedback message (on the type and quantity of resources) be fixed for gathering resource in this patch or in due course otherwise? At the moment, there is no 'kick' in gathering resources as it feel like everything goes into an empty black hole without any feedback message on what is and how much is gathered.

both of these were fixed, ossus crystal were removed from currency tab and the gear can now be bought with just credits. you can also now see what you harvested from a node in the chat window. why not mention these good fixes in the patch notes?

They've added commas to numbers to the stats in character sheet.

i noticed this too. also in the health bar.

Same here. I've been using the refund timer as extra tech fragment storage. This is a painful change for me. I really wish they would increase the tech fragment cap. :(

I was using it to reroll the amps on gear from Kai. This is why they've changed it, because they want us to spend millions on rerolling amps. Now if they reduced the overall cost and capped it, as well as narrowed the range of the amplifier levels, alongside giving us the choice of 3-4 different options? Even better, allowing us to use tech fragments to actually upgrade the amplifiers we already had.... now that would have been a decent system designed with player in mind.

Instead what we got was a credit sink, designed with the SWTOR economy in mind.

Warmongerer still broken, force charge will show off cooldown but remain unusable until it feels like being used, which is about double the time it was on cooldown, nice fix.

I tested this on my jugg, on Immortal and Rage, and it seems to work fine, looking at parse logs.

However, Force Charge's cooldown is still not reduced by alacrity, as far as I can see. The tooltip says it does, but in fact it doesn't.

I never got anything close to 300 rated gear from that FP... 270 was the upper limit. Green quality trash. But then, I really do not understand and never have understood how endgame gear is meant to be gotten in this game to be frank. And I've been playing on and off since 2015. The game seems to assume every player is seasoned in MMOs and so doesn't seem to actually tell the player literally anything about where to get gear.. And then even upon finding a vendor, I'll need 2 or 3 different currencies to buy anything (And of course, the vendors hold zero information on where exactly said currencies are acquired..). Awesome... I guess 270 works for a story player anyways, but damn it's slow sometimes

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jeeeeeeeez..... Talk about breakneck speed :rolleyes: This game is laughable sometimes honestly.

Well, the way i see it is, You (or anyone) has 2 choices: Accept & Adapt ...or... Un-sub & Move-on.

In other words, QQ'ing on these forums has a far far far less effect than simply speaking with your $$$ wallet. (cancel subscription and certainly don't buy anything from Cartel Market either)

The choice is yours of course, but trust me when i tell you: Companies can ignore (or disregard) vocal-minority-forum QQ with ease. But companies can never ignore subcription/purchase metrics. :cool:

----

Combing the Wreckage mission is still broke - cannot interact with final datapad

Just curious cuz i was stuck on that mission too: Did you already have the pending 'final part' in your mission log (waiting to be finished) or did you totally restart from scratch the entire mission line ?

Well, the way i see it is, You (or anyone) has 2 choices: Accept & Adapt ...or... Un-sub & Move-on.

In other words, QQ'ing on these forums has a far far far less effect than simply speaking with your $$$ wallet. (cancel subscription and certainly don't buy anything from Cartel Market either)

The choice is yours of course, but trust me when i tell you: Companies can ignore (or disregard) vocal-minority-forum QQ with ease. But companies can never ignore subcription/purchase metrics. :cool:

----

Just curious cuz i was stuck on that mission too: Did you already have the pending 'final part' in your mission log (waiting to be finished) or did you totally restart from scratch the entire mission line ?

Believe me, this game takes very little from my wallet. For these very reasons. Only come back for new story, and even then I'll usually only use a free 7 day referral. Most I'll ever buy is a month. Then I'll be gone for 6. If the game didn't move at a snails pace, maybe I'd not get bored so quick

I was using it to reroll the amps on gear from Kai. This is why they've changed it, because they want us to spend millions on rerolling amps. Now if they reduced the overall cost and capped it, as well as narrowed the range of the amplifier levels, alongside giving us the choice of 3-4 different options? Even better, allowing us to use tech fragments to actually upgrade the amplifiers we already had.... now that would have been a decent system designed with player in mind.

Instead what we got was a credit sink, designed with the SWTOR economy in mind.

What amplifiers should be balanced around and were included as an obvious credit sink, and now BW is nerfing a free way of getting around their credit sink?! Say it's not so, no one was complaining about amplifiers being pointless or needing to be balanced and then concluding that they were a simple credit sink! Oh wait, I was. And then had my reading comprehension insulted by Musco for deigning to call their gearing system over complicated.

Seriously, the number one beneficiary of this expansion is likely to be the credit spammers.

Still no fix for the quest in the crashed starship area for Reps on Onderon? The last 'fix' didn't fix anything.

If you meant the "combing the wreckage" mission, it's fixed now.

Combing the Wreckage mission is still broke - cannot interact with final datapad

The mission is fixed and I finished that quest just about an hour ago or so. After final log, it says to go to the black box.

This worked for me - I did have to reset the active quest that was on the part to find the final log. I am guessing the trigger doesn't work right unless you get the update for that post fix.

Update: Apparently I was too hasty, reset not needed, but there is a cooldown after it was last collected.

Edited by Sambril

This worked for me - I did have to reset the active quest that was on the part to find the final log. I am guessing the trigger doesn't work right unless you get the update for that post fix.

Update: Apparently I was too hasty, reset not needed, but there is a cooldown after it was last collected.

Yeah i had the bugged part still in my 'mission log' (from 2 weeks ago) and i just logged in today after the patch and clicked & proceeded just fine with rest of mission.

So, all seems to be FIXED now yep.

Edited by Nee-Elder