Tech Fragment limit needs higher max

Trance-Gemini

So far I haven't really had much to complain about but one thing that is really annoying is the 5k tech fragment limit. It would be really great if the limit was higher, say 10 or 15k. If you run a lot of flashpoints you have to stop every now and then and purchase something. Also, if you are in a guild that goes for Large Yield for conquest and have a lot of toons that you made conquest with, you can exceed your limit quickly. I had ten toons make conquest last week and it was a bit hectic having to keep a close eye on the tech fragment limit as each toon was rewarded with 500 tech fragments.

There was an entire PTS thread on this... obviously BW didn't care enough to up it more there. Ignoring feedback they disagree with and pushing forward anyway is BWs MO.

That said, the gearing system is far less of a disaster than I thought it would be, and I'm spending tech frags every 3000 anyway, so it's not too terrible for me... yet.

I know this will sound gimmicky, because, well, it is gimmicky.

This only works if you have an alt you can park for a bit at Level 75. I have in the last 2 weeks bought Kai Zykken gear on an alt for 1500 TF, knowing full-well I had no intention of using the item. But also knowing I wouldn't run down the timer. With Kai, you can return for full price as long as you are within the 2 hour window.

Do this on one level 75 alt and you can you avoid the cap. And, hey, you will eventually get a piece that is good! That happened last week for me and my Lightning Sorc.

Yes, that's cheesy. And it's annoying. But it works. As long as you have one character you don't want to play immediately after getting to max level, you have a much higher TF cap.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Agreed. There is no need for a cap. We told them this over and over on the pts when it was a 3000 cap. Their answer was to make a 5000 cap.

It’s totally ridiculous to have a cap at all. What is it meant to do except piss you off that you have to stop doing what you are doing to buy some set piece item on a random storage Alt you don’t play so you can “store” the extra tech frags till you want to use them.

I’ve 4 pieces sitting on an Alt using the 2 hour refund timer. When I’m ready to use the tech frags, I’ll use what I have and then refund a piece, buy what I want, then refund another. Rinse and repeat as many times as you need.

We used to do this for pvp comms back in the day, we told bioware on the pts this is what people would end up doing to get around this stupid cap and that’s exactly what we are doing.

A player should be able to choose when they want to spend those tech frags, not artificially forced through a gate. If I want to wait and buy my whole set of armor in one go, I should be able too.

No they give 500 for reaching your personal conquest goal while your guild reaches large yield conquest goal. Winning conquest is not necessary.

You also get 100 fragments for reaching your personal goal itself and when you get your guild reward (the one with the 500 fragments) it also gives you so much renown, that if you use a booster, it's almost always a rank up, so another 100 fragment.

So it's basically 700 fragments per character.

The Good:

\o/ Tech fragments are Account-wiide currency!

The Bad:

There is a cap on it that barely makes sense for a single character, let alone multiple active alts

The Ugly:

The one vendor you would most want to spend them at is only available with random stock on specific days... and NOT right after conquest rewards when you're likely to have the most currency.

The entirely deranged:

Event currency items are now currency, but it's locked to the character, to unlock it from the character you can convert it to tokens, which take up the same inventory space as before.... and for added bonus, they removed the ability to trade/ sell bounty contracts, which frankly was the only reasonable way to buy the higher tier rewards from that event (since you're severely limited in how fast you can gain that currency.. taking 40 weeks per character to purchase a single one)