Disappointed that I have to pay to play the HK bonus chapter

voyagergrl

It was free back in 2016 to entice subscribing to the game. It is completely optional and it is actually nice that everyone who missed the date can now get it. It's a very funny little chapter and you actually play as HK. Plus you get a companion out of it. If it is still too much for you, wait for a discount. Edited by Phazonfreak

Would you have preferred they didn't offer it at all? It costs approximately the same amount of coins you get for free if you subscribe for six months which is how long people had to subscribe to get it before. So I don't see how that's unfair.

Would you have preferred they didn't offer it at all? It costs approximately the same amount of coins you get for free if you subscribe for six months which is how long people had to subscribe to get it before. So I don't see how that's unfair.

It's not unfair. In fact they're getting a steal of a deal. But choosing beggars will always inevitably complain if they're not handed over everything for free--and even then they might still complain!

It's really disappointing that SWTOR wants us to pay Cartel Coins to unlock the HK bonus chapter now. I really don't understand why they did this. Is it even worth it for me to spend my saved up Cartel Coins?

OK, guys. Who won? We had a bet some time ago in one of the HK-threads. Someone bet that after BW would finally allow the chapter to be available again for money, there would come complaints about the chapter not being for free.

I don't remember who it was, but let me be the first one to say: You were right. You won the bet. Congratulations.

OK, guys. Who won? We had a bet some time ago in one of the HK-threads. Someone bet that after BW would finally allow the chapter to be available again for money, there would come complaints about the chapter not being for free.

I don't remember who it was, but let me be the first one to say: You were right. You won the bet. Congratulations.

I don't think it was any one person, I've seen this prediction a number of times and anyone betting against it doesn't understand human nature very well...

OP, stop acting like a spoiled brat please. Just giving it to you at all was awful generous of them

It's really disappointing that SWTOR wants us to pay Cartel Coins to unlock the HK bonus chapter now. I really don't understand why they did this. I

Probably because originally you had to stay subbed for several months to get acess to it? And now you want it to be given freely to anyone who just subbed? That would not be very nice to people who got it originally. Seriosly, be greateful you even have the option to get this chapte in the first place.

HK bonus chapter wasn't free to anyone, it cost 6 months of sub, in order. thats about $90.00 USD. it was also considered a limited prize and presented in a way that if you didnt sub, you would never get it, giving it priceless value at the time. You are just lucky bioware needs subs.

I'm one of the people who've always said that past rewards should be brought back at some point in the future, as population comes and goes, you eventually reach a point where no one or almost no one has those rewards.

Having said, I think it would have been really unfair if they had released the unlock for free, as in the past there was a cost associated with it.

Muh. I don't have it, and I'm short of about 400CC to get it. And not gonna get it .

Didn't care for that yellow Piss Hk, since I still remember fondly the original HK-47 and how unique he was :o

That aside, I think you guys didn't understand what the OP actually said.

They didn't say ''OH NO! I GOTTA PAY FOR THIS TOO? GIVE IT TO ME FOR FREE!!!'' .

Remember that not everyone live in this forums, and is up to date . (at least I'm gonna give them that benefit that they didn't know) .

I'm guessing here (and I rather guess then assume they are scum of the earth freeloader like the lot of you seem to assume) , that since if you sub and say for exemple you didn't own Shadow of Revan right? well you get it automaticcly if you do .

And since said chapter is a story and not some toys or armor..but an actual chapter. Shoved right there under KOTET ....so maybe they though it would unlock in a similar manner if they sub again.

They could've missed the whole debacle about it being a reward for sub only. Or maybe they missed that BW said they bring it back as a an Item you can buy from the CC Shop. Or maybe they could be pretending...

How I would know. But jumping down peoples throat like that...tsk .

:rolleyes:

HK isn't even a decent DPS/Tank/Healing companion. I personally missed out on Shae Visla and would gladly pay to get her as she is the top performing companion.

I fully support a la cart purchases of things we might've missed out on in the last 7+ years

Edited by HuaRya

It's really disappointing that SWTOR wants us to pay Cartel Coins to unlock the HK bonus chapter now. I really don't understand why they did this. Is it even worth it for me to spend my saved up Cartel Coins?

Because we had to pay 6 months of subs to get it. What did you want, it handed to you?

My self-imposed embargo so as to avoid spoilers and incessant whines on the forums is over! Here's my take...

Current creature and droid companions cost 2,100 Cartel Coins on the Cartel Market.

I've been told the story for HK is pretty short, but hey it is content. I don't see 3,800 CCs for a new companion plus some new content as that bad a deal, particularly since some were saying it should not be available at all or cost upwards of U.S. $100. One person even suggested U.S. $150! :eek:

As for his efficacy -- who knows? I read that they were doing an overhaul of all companions to make them more equalized. Haven't tested yet since I'm too busy running through the story on my characters.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

On topic: as alot of others have pointed out the price is pretty reflective of the same amount of free CCs given to subs in the correct amount of sub time that the players originally had to sub for. Convenient little compromise if you ask me.

Didn't care for that yellow Piss Hk, since I still remember fondly the original HK-47 and how unique he was :

Off topic: Players (myself included) have been asking diligently for an HK-47 skin for years! :D

HK isn't even a decent DPS/Tank/Healing companion. I personally missed out on Shae Visla and would gladly pay to get her as she is the top performing companion.

I fully support a la cart purchases of things we might've missed out on in the last 7+ years

Further Off topic: I don't even know if that's true anymore. Didn't they nerf all companions and "make them all the same" now? At least they had said they were going to in 6.0 if they haven't yet.

Edited by TyrFoge

ZO-OM, the droid companion gained is a better healer companion than any in the entire game... and she can craft. shes worth the cc

So they haven't nerfed companions and leveled them all yet? I wonder if that means they still will then. That being said I agree if you're into crafting then purchasing both HK and ZOOM as companions rather then getting a diffetent CM companion that can't is alone worth it.

Personally I don't think it should of been offered at all. Still as it has been then I agree with the above post for the reasons given.

I would pay for a legacy unlock so that I never have to do it again and just get HK without having to play the thing again on every alt.

You don't have to do the chapter to get HK. If all you want is HK then just do Arma Rasa. That's the Alliance Alert that re-grants HK. Now, if you want Z0-0M then yes you do have to do the Chapter.

I would pay for a legacy unlock so that I never have to do it again and just get HK without having to play the thing again on every alt.

You don't need to play the bonus chapter to get HK, you just need to do the Arma Rasa alliance alert (which takes like 5 minutes)

Doing the chapter gives you ZO-OM (plus about 1.5-2 million credits worth of legendary companion gifts)