Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

6.0 gearing is the worst in swtor history

omaan

I double que regs and fps and pick which ever pops first. I'm almost max iLevel. You're being a defeatist. Get to gaming, theres gear everywhere.

Indeed, queing random MM FP gives youre, but on Darth Malgus I was staying in que forever with no pops.. Most people form groups and if you unlucky, you are left out of the loop pretty much. Regs gear is just trash... pointless to do. The only good reason is tech fragments.

This is my experience this week. I am at 288 rating now. I am slowly getting there, but this play your way was just another " sales speech". A very good one for sure. The fastest way is run Hammer Station and Red Reaper in stealth till your eyes fall out. People want the fastest way to get their max gears so that they can go back playing what they like....

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. No he really isnt. But keep being a defeatist for not getting to be the 1% day 1.

Yes, he really is. Have you pvped at all? The chest you get from the daily doesn't always drop a piece of gear. Gearing through pvp is basically impossible.

Most PVP players (myself included) are willing to grind a FP 1-2 days and be in top-end gear for the rest of the 28days of sub. It is a very small time sacrifice compared.

If you would have spend less time complaining here and more time doing FP, you probably would have that gear already lol.

I'm a pvper. I should be able to pvp and gear as fast as those doing pve. I shouldn't be forced to spam a FP over and over to get gear for pvp.

I'm a pvper. I should be able to pvp and gear as fast as those doing pve. I shouldn't be forced to spam a FP over and over to get gear for pvp.

The cake is a lie, and so is "Play however you like". MM FP spamming is the only viable way to gear up in 6.0. If you try to stick with PvP, you'll be way behind and frustrated. Same for crafting, which is just garbage at the moment (as predicted by PTR inputs that were all ignored).

Disclaimer: I am ignoring the gearing, minus stuff I happen to get while playing Story, PvPing, or occasionally grouping for a FP.

Things I do like:

- Drops from all content . Great, but see 1)

- Guaranteed items from Story FPs. Beat the boss, get some gear, I like it.

- Decent RXP rates from story content.

Things I don't like:

- RNG amplifiers = stupid concept. Won't end well: One can easily spend millions of credits just to get the bonuses that they want, since the price increases every roll (tested it)

- RNG vendors = Stupid concept. Half the time you get gear you don't want / need (tested it).

- 3000 tech pieces for a Shell or Tactical? Makes no sense whats-so-ever. Good luck gearing through PvP (AND it's just a shell).

- 1) Dismantling Rates = Might as well be non-existent. Three tech pieces here, Four tech pieces there, meh.

- Crafting = Horrible. I haven't tested it and know nothing about it, since I don't craft, but I have read some of the complaints.

Overall, IMO, 6.0 is a mess.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

Well, they estimulated us to play a lot of toons until 4.0. It was nice and not boring to be able to play pvp with a nice gear all my 22 toons (11 pubs and 11 imps). That time I loved the game.

Then they put that crap grind system called galactic command. Oh, boy... what a grind... what a lazy excuse for delivery a very poor "end game".

I understand 6.0 may look nice for whon just play with a main char. For me the "play your way" is a lie, ********... and renown system is just a reset from 300 to 1 of a the same grind system. Bioware is lazy... or EA makes Bioware lazy. The 6.0 gear system is a total crap for us... the customers who play with a lot of chars.

Edited by BetoRenzo

The 6.0 gear system is a total crap for us... the customers who play with a lot of chars.

6.0 is the most alt-friendly gearing system I've seen in any MMORPG.

Just read Trixxie's guide on this forum. Once you hit Ilvl 306 to that character, switch to an alt and equip that gear.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970390

Or Krea's guide on Reddit. Ditto what I said above.

Is it annoying to switch gear around b/t characters? Sure. But you are simply incorrect that the new gearing system is alt-unfriendly. Demonstrably so.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Hit 306 item level does not mean you have the correct gear. You have to consider priority status for different classes/specs. Im sorry but say that 6.0 is alt friendly just because all gear you get is legacy wide is to simplify too much. I still prefer 4.0 commendation system. It was the best system if you played a lot of toons (pvp)... but I respect what you think.

Actually I think it the the best gearing in swtor history. Because

a) Almost everything that drops is personal loot. No more worrying about rolls. Well, except for tacticals, of course, everyone rolls need on them because they are BoL. Thanks, Bioware, I lost count of times I had a shot for my class tactical and lost it because player of another class rolled need.

b) All content drops same loot. You can do nothing but tactical FP and end in 306 gear in 3 days. Only your own ilevel (and RNG of course) decides what you get and you are steadly increasing your rating. How fast will you get new gear depends entirely on you.

c) Everything is BoL, even left side.

d) All mods can be put on any gear piece.

The only hard part is gearing your very first char. It's slow and boring. But afterwards you will be swimming in high level gear and can transfer it all to any char.

Of course if you are a min-maxer and want full bonus and good mods, then it's gonna be a long and hard road for you. But otherwise, very nice system.

Edited by Gelious

Actually I think it the the best gearing in swtor history. Because

a) Almost everything that drops is personal loot. No more worrying about rolls. Well, except for tacticals, of course, everyone rolls need on them because they are BoL. Thanks, Bioware, I lost count of times I had a shot for my class tactical and lost it because player of another class rolled need.

b) All content drops same loot. You can do nothing but tactical FP and end in 306 gear in 3 days. Only your own ilevel (and RNG of course) decides what you get and you are steadly increasing your rating. How fast will you get new gear depends entirely on you.

c) Everything is BoL, even left side.

d) All mods can be put on any gear piece.

The only hard part is gearing your very first char. It's slow and boring. But afterwards you will be swimming in high level gear and can transfer it all to any char.

Of course if you are a min-maxer and want full bonus and good mods, then it's gonna be a long and hard road for you. But otherwise, very nice system.

Except for when you're going for a specific gear bonus set that cant be pruchased from the vendor and you're deconstructing 98% of that rng gear because its worthless trash.....yep such a great system this rng thing is.

I will be honest, i regret so much taking 3 months of subb to play this "expansion", beside that 3 hours story, 1.5 for each faction everything else it disgusts me. This is one of the most horible gearing system i ever saw in any game i ever played, the new daily missions are so bad, jesus, so so bad, and i come after 10 years of wow where i did those kind of quests until my eyes pop out, but those? on onderon or whatever the name are the WORST i ever encountered... same goes for the 2 heroics on mek-sha... i cant belive ill regret so much weasting money on a SW Game. This "expansion" but lets be honest this is more like a patch, it has almost nothing in matter of content, is the worst experience i ever had in any MMO.... and it made me so sad.... But still i am glad for you guys, the ones who enjoy the expansion, have fun :D Edited by ZibzRO

I dont really see the problem. I've just been enjoying the game and playing what I feel like Be it FP, PVP, dailies, heroics, etc and just seem to be constantly getting better gear and modifications.

It hasn't felt like a grind for me and when I receive stuff I dont need I just deconstruct them for tech fragments.

I've gone to 284 rating pretty quickly and easy.

I've found this much better than all the crap they added before with needing tokens, unassembled pieces and what not for one pice of gear.

Just play what you want and feel like and you'll soon see your rating climb.

6.0 is the most alt-friendly gearing system I've seen in any MMORPG.

Just read Trixxie's guide on this forum. Once you hit Ilvl 306 to that character, switch to an alt and equip that gear.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970390

Or Krea's guide on Reddit. Ditto what I said above.

Is it annoying to switch gear around b/t characters? Sure. But you are simply incorrect that the new gearing system is alt-unfriendly. Demonstrably so.

Dasty

You never played 4.0

Most PVP players (myself included) are willing to grind a FP 1-2 days and be in top-end gear for the rest of the 28days of sub. It is a very small time sacrifice compared.

If you would have spend less time complaining here and more time doing FP, you probably would have that gear already lol.

The problem is you need to grind much more pve to reach that lvl of gear which was reached by stealth runners through red reaper. Someone in this thread already stated that those who reached 306 ilvl were actually pvp players yet he didn't say how they did it - by spamming red reaper stealth runs. Iam a poor marauder who has only camouflage and watching those guys recking arenas in their full 306 augmented and amplified set bonus gear while i have only 296 gear even though i did much more ranked games and even did fp weekly quests makes me sick and causes a wish not to continue my sub which iam not going to do.

IN the end "Play your way" is a lie there is only red reaper stealth run, through red reaper stealth runs you get best gear, through best gear you can get set bonuses, amps and augments, and with all these your ranked dominance is guaranteed. Bolster didn't set us free since it works like garbage

Edited by omaan

The problem is you need to grind much more pve to reach that lvl of gear which was reached by stealth runners through red reaper. Someone in this thread already stated that those who reached 306 ilvl were actually pvp players yet he didn't say how they did it - by spamming red reaper stealth runs. Iam a poor marauder who has only camouflage and watching those guys recking arenas in their full 306 augmented and amplified set bonus gear while i have only 296 gear even though i did much more ranked games and even did fp weekly quests makes me sick and causes a wish not to continue my sub which iam not going to do.

IN the end "Play your way" is a lie there is only red reaper stealth run, through red reaper stealth runs you get best gear, through best gear you can get set bonuses, amps and augments, and with all these your ranked dominance is guaranteed. Bolster didn't set us free since it works like garbage

The stealthers farm Red Reaper and the non-stealthers farm Hammer Station. And this situation will happen less and less since even if you take a bit longer, it won't take that long to get your 306 gear either if you want to.

Bolster was always a crap system, I do agree with that, but this dominance you speak of is only short-lived. Not fun, but I remember when PvP still had two tiers of expertise gear and starting out there was a pain as well because it took you a little while to get together and this isn't that much different I think.

As for "play your way"...well, that's one of those slogans I just laugh at. It was always a load of bs and there's no point holding BW to that because they never meant with it, what players interpreted it as.

It's not my favourite way of gearing but for me it's still better than 5.0. I do get that for pvp it's a bit annoying at first but in a few days you should be fine as well. Just jump onto the Hammer Station farm.

I only started with grinding out gear yesterday, and so far I really like it.

Its nice that gear drops come from the gear you are wearing and that everything is legacy bound.

Being able to send that gear to my alts sure beats the pants out of leveling every alt to 300

I have been playing since launch and so far this is my favorite gearing system.

It was a bit confusing at first but now that i understand how to work the system, i like it.

I want the ability to buy mods from a fleet vendor just like it always was in 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0... and I mean level 75 mods. I don't like having my mods chosen for me. If I want to value power over alacrity, or alacrity over accuracy, that should be my choice.

And why were the standard mods downgraded from blue to green anyway?

I want the ability to buy mods from a fleet vendor just like it always was in 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0... and I mean level 75 mods. I don't like having my mods chosen for me. If I want to value power over alacrity, or alacrity over accuracy, that should be my choice.

And why were the standard mods downgraded from blue to green anyway?

Mods are only green if your character’s item rating is low.

Nah, that would make too much sense, BW / EA can't have that happening.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I went from 230 gear i get from the master datacron to 270 rather quickly after getting to level 75 and that is from doing basic planet quests, loot drops gave me the gear, though i had to buy the focus, for some weird reason, i never looted one.....until i bought one......always how it works i guess.

I like the change they did for 6.0 very much including the gear, the only thing I don't like is this so called expansion is not an expansion at all and should have never been called an expansion. The story is way to short compared to other mmo's like my other mmos that I play besides this one FFXIV world of Warcraft, now those are correct expansions.

I hope they add more story to this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.