Companions Ruin World pvp (How to fix)

johnkanobie

Hey all!!! I am a returning player that loves open world pvp especially during start of expansions. So many people are running around questing and the random fights are what make MMO's great IMO. However it seems like Companions are way overpowered. I fought a sith jugg with his Companion for legit 15 min until he decided to run because it just got boring. My solution is why don't the devs just have companions turn off or freeze in open world pvp combat so that way you can actually kill your opponent or have a chance to. I don't remember them being so OP back in 2.0 or 3.0 when I played a lot and world pvp was fun. One of the reasons I think classic wow is so popular is because of open world pvp and Pvp Ranking System to progress through that actually matters. Lets fix swtor its not hard to make It great. Does anyone agree??? If not please point out where I am wrong. Are companions killable??? Why don't they ruin open world pvp?? Let me hear it people. Edited by johnkanobie

companions in 5.0 had an hps value of 6.5k to 7k, which is 1k lower than the lowest tier of gear, 230 8k dps. and in dsp ever character besides shae vizla had a dps value of 5k dps. They couldn't even kill their hps counter parts.

If you try to argue that companions should be "frozen" or disabled during pvp what is going to happen instead is the only people in pvp instances will be actual healers and dps/tnks... and actual healer players have dcds, stuns, roots, cc and 1k-5k more hps than a companion can hope to do. so instead of struggling to kill a companion you will get absolutely stomped and then come to the forums asking for new nerfs.

summary: comp hps 7k, player hps 10-15k, if you remove healer comps from openworld everyone in open world will get a 10k hps healer buddy and you will get destroyed.

companions in 5.0 had an hps value of 6.5k to 7k, which is 1k lower than the lowest tier of gear, 230 8k dps. and in dsp ever character besides shae vizla had a dps value of 5k dps. They couldn't even kill their hps counter parts.

If you try to argue that companions should be "frozen" or disabled during pvp what is going to happen instead is the only people in pvp instances will be actual healers and dps/tnks... and actual healer players have dcds, stuns, roots, cc and 1k-5k more hps than a companion can hope to do. so instead of struggling to kill a companion you will get absolutely stomped and then come to the forums asking for new nerfs.

summary: comp hps 7k, player hps 10-15k, if you remove healer comps from openworld everyone in open world will get a 10k hps healer buddy and you will get destroyed.

That is about the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard. lol

let me guess, you cant kill a 50 comp in under 1 minute? feelzbadman

The fact is no one worth half their salt in pvp has any diffculty at all killing 50 comps. Not even going to sugarcoat it anymore, because this topic has been done to death by bads who cant dps a 50 comp with no dcds at all.

Fact: SWTOR has 0 1v1 balance.

Fact: OWPVP without companions will only benefit superior 1v1 clases. (Con op vs PT)

Fact: Inevitable if they do this, people just won't go into OWPVP without a gank squad.

and Fact: You can and should already be doing that, you choose not too, because you want to solo someone on con op or merc, or whatever.

Edited by Seterade

Fact: OWPVP without companions will only benefit superior 1v1 clases. (Con op vs PT)

This is wrong. This example would benefit the PT. As of now the companion of the PT would just get sapped, so it would be Op+comp vs PT. If all companions would be inactive in PvP situations at least it actually would be a 1v1, even though the chances of the PT would be small.

let me guess, you cant kill a 50 comp in under 1 minute? feelzbadman

The fact is no one worth half their salt in pvp has any diffculty at all killing 50 comps. Not even going to sugarcoat it anymore, because this topic has been done to death by bads who cant dps a 50 comp with no dcds at all.

Fact: SWTOR has 0 1v1 balance.

Fact: Inevitable if they do this, people just won't go into OWPVP without a gank squad.

and Fact: You can and should already be doing that, you choose not too, because you want to solo someone on con op or merc, or whatever.

Internet tough guys. lol

I'd prefer comps to be disabled in world pvp, but i'm pretty sure BW will never do that. One big improvement would be to make all mezzes last the same amount of time on companions as they do on players. As it is, on some classes it's possible to keep someone's companion permanently mezzed with a 60 second cc if they're not on a class that can cleanse it, causing a permanent 2v1 unless they're also on a class with a 60 second pve mezz to use on their enemy's companion. It shouldn't be the case that some classes' mez lasts for 8 seconds on both players and comps, and for other classes' mez lasts for 8 seconds on players and 60 seconds on comps. That one should theoretically be an easy fix really. Edited by KittyKat_Karrot

Been advocating for this for a long time but it seems most the forum warriors don't want it because it allows you to get killed by actual players in pvp. (imagine that!) To the argument that people will just be bringing their healer mates instead to heal them instead of a companion: then that's good? That encourages more world pvp because other groups end up trying to kill them, that's how it used to be and you run into a lot of instances where you are simply 1v1.

in conclusion, if people grouped up for wpvp it would be great, if people simply went around ganking that would also be great. I'd rather have a 1v1 and end up getting 2v1'd occasionally rather than having to kill a companion every time before actually attacking a player in PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER.

Either freeze comps or remove them for pvp instances and if people wanna grind they could easily do it by switching instance to a non-pvp one.

Idk why people don't like this comment. Companion heals were "low" for PvP standards even before 6.0, and they're even worse now. Having your companion as heal is actually putting you at a disadvantage. Someone with a DPS companion can melt your healing companion in like 5 seconds, and now you're in a 2v2 vs them and their DPS comp.