Why does Malgus not remember you?

ScrubbyBK

becuse its not important, he very well remembers you but proning old wounds and talking about the time you killed each other isn't going to help you work together if anything it might open up some old wounds that are not welcome, your focus now is to work together for better Empire not bicker about the past.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 10:20 AM, BulbulusTheGreat said:

becuse its not important, he very well remembers you but proning old wounds and talking about the time you killed each other isn't going to help you work together if anything it might open up some old wounds that are not welcome, your focus now is to work together for better Empire not bicker about the past.

Fighting and defeating one of the games most important characters since launch is not important?  No wonder bioware gets away with the lazy content they put out; consumers like you will just keep paying and making excuses for them.  Consume product, forget anything that matters, get ready to consume next product.  You must be an MCU fan as well

Not only is the dialogue insufficient from Malgus to highlight the importance of the Ilum storyline and False Emperor Flashpoint (where you defeat him) in many play throughs (mine included) the flag is broken and he doesn't remember you at all and there is no dialogue to trigger; it is like you are meeting him for the first time (which is dumb and immersion breaking).  Since Malgus is a main character since launch; the content being this lazy and broken around such a main antagonist in the story is simply not acceptable.  

Edited by mcguireptr
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, mcguireptr said:

Not only is the dialogue insufficient from Malgus to highlight the importance of the Ilum storyline and False Emperor Flashpoint (where you defeat him) in many play throughs (mine included) the flag is broken and he doesn't remember you at all and there is no dialogue to trigger; it is like you are meeting him for the first time (which is dumb and immersion breaking).  Since Malgus is a main character since launch; the content being this lazy and broken around such a main antagonist in the story is simply not acceptable.  

I concur...extremely lazy and bad writing like the whole of 7.0 story. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:27 PM, mcguireptr said:

Fighting and defeating one of the games most important characters since launch is not important?  No wonder bioware gets away with the lazy content they put out; consumers like you will just keep paying and making excuses for them.  Consume product, forget anything that matters, get ready to consume next product.  You must be an MCU fan as well

its not an excuse its an ingame fact, you're quick to cry about consumers (which you are too since you're subbed) but too short sighted to see realism, you're quick to insult but not quick to give valid counter argument, how about you get off your high horse, learn how to argue without insulting and then rethink things you type, how is anything that happened on illum important for ossus? how is talking about the time you literally crushed the guys dreams going to help you work with him? perhaps you'd like to meditate on it with him as well? maybe have a psychiatric session? you're two old soldiers that ended up on ossus together due to circumstances and last time you saw each other definitely wasn't on friendly terms, now you have to work together, talking about the time you fought isn't going to help anything, he does remember you, that much is clear and there are moments where you can get friendly to him and hes even visibly touched if you compliment him in the end but im sure you were too busy being angry at people who dare to disagree with you online and didn't even explore all the dialogues lol.

• Haha 1

I mean it's probably better to avoid any further references to the battle with Malgus if the flag is bugged for a percentage of players. So far, there hasn't been any more for the Empire, as far as I know, unlike the Republic side. Since the bug only seems to affect certain Empire characters, I wonder if that is intentional. 

If they do reference it again, they should make sure the flag is correct. Although my original Sith Warrior's reaction was bugged, but my more recent Imperial Agent's reaction was correct. I hoped that meant they had fixed something, but perhaps not.

Edited by OldVengeance

On 1/23/2024 at 12:40 PM, mcguireptr said:

If they can't properly track significant events like you completed a flashpoint

They don't need to track that you did it. It's canon that your character did it.

On 1/27/2024 at 7:50 PM, Traceguy said:

They don't need to track that you did it. It's canon that your character did it.

good point; and yet the flag is still not accurate and the game often will be broken and give the generic dialogue like you have not met him before.  I find this inexcusable.  

On 1/30/2024 at 2:57 AM, OldVengeance said:

Is it? If so, then why would there be separate dialogue for whether you completed it or not?

I'm guessing as to not confuse players who skipped over it.

On 1/31/2024 at 2:00 AM, DanteYoda said:

He doesn't remember you because hes killed so many people he's lost count.

I don't know. He had a stealth armada and his own space station on Ilum. He seemed to have had everything going for him until a small rag-tag team containing you stopped him. That would be a pretty big milestone as far as memory building goes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I'm guessing as to not confuse players who skipped over it.

I don't know. He had a stealth armada and his own space station on Ilum. He seemed to have had everything going for him until a small rag-tag team containing you stopped him. That would be a pretty big milestone as far as memory building goes.

Cass, my SI got the comment; YOU!  I guess he wasn't happy seeing her again.