The Emperor (Spoiler)

daftshadow

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I went in there expecting I'll be doing the Emperor atleast a few times but I died only once (missed the instadeath cast interrupt).

I used no tricks and my T7 was in lvl 14 gear and died instantly.

I was watchman specced so I had lower cooldown on interrupt, I just interrupted everything he threw at me, especially the long cast and when the adds spawned I just used the basic attack on them.

Not that hard really, just gotta do your interrupts I guess.

After about an hour of failures, I managed to do this last night. I'm a Sentinel using the Watchman spec but this should also transfer to Guardian. I had it on my 2nd to last attempt and he bugged his instakill ability, hit me with it without a cast bar, and wasted my Call on the Force. On my successful attempt I didn't get to use Call on the Force.

My T7 is in really shoddy gear and I completely missed the upgrade chest. I'm talking about a level 19 gun, no ear or implants, ratings 20-50, 7K HP, 6.34% damage reduction base.

On my successful attempt, I was on 60% and T7 on 33% after the fight.

The things to know:

1) The adds seem to do basically no damage (80-90ish per hit). I left them for T7 to deal with and deliberately did no threat on them. I did not swap targets off the emperor the entire kill.

2) The emperor will chain cast the entire fight. Interrupts are the key to winning this and if you can stay on top of them you can stop the vast majority of damage going out in this fight. Unless you line of sight him he won't move either.

Interrupting:

I had an advantage in that I'm Watchman spec and my interrupts come around 2s faster. However, given the long cast times on everything, I don't really think it would be too much harder to do as Combat.

Remember that you want to let him cast until near the end of his cast bar to increase the amount of time he's just standing there. This also gives your secondary interrupts more time to cycle for when you need them.

As well as the base Force Kick interrupt, there are a lot of moves you should use as secondary interrupts. Save them for this purpose. That's Force Stasis, Awe, and Force Leap. If you're Watchman you can interrupt with Force Leap from melee range, otherwise I guess you could try running out at the start of the cast if you know your other tools won't be ready.

You can use Force Camouflage to stop a single-target cast aimed at you.

If you have to let something through, try to let it be Force Lightning, and save Rebuke for a 20% damage soak when it happens.

Threat:

My T7's gear meant that aside from when he used his direct taunt, the emperor was on me. Even when he wasn't on me, because he doesn't move, I was able to stay on him and interrupting. T7's AOE threat moves pulled the adds and he whittled them down over time.

The pull:

I'd failed several times at this point so the emperor was up on his throne. I'd send in T7 and wait down the bottom of the stairs near the back of the room. The emperor would teleport down when T7 arrived and I'd engage him from there.

From there it was just burn as hard as I could to take him out.

My gear was a mix of Voss and Corellia commendation-equipped gear, which anyone reaching this point in the game should have access to. I did have L49 Artificer hilts, my recommendation is that you should be upgrading your hilts to cutting edge as you level anyway as they have the biggest direct effect on damage.

Got killed pretty quickly the first three times...was not pleased because after T7 died I was at 75% health and got flung across the room to my death...I knew something wasn't right. I checked this thread and realized I needed to change strategies. So on the 4th or 5th attempt I just force kicked the piss out of him until he fell. Kinda lame but seems to be the only way to go about it for a Sent in combat spec. Just thought I would share for those struggling to finish the story up.

I just beat him thanks to the Charge!!!! glitch. Had T7 set to offensive and sent him in after 5 tries and the game told me to speak to the emperor. Maybe the only way to win is though perseverance (read as: playing the favorable odds of encountering a glitch in a Bioware game), LOL. Edited by TOBY_FLENDERSON

The problem seems to be the Watchman spec. I use Focus and the AOE does 34-3600 everytime I use Force Sweep. I had no trouble with the emperor at all. I wasn't aware he was supposed to be hard until I came here and read this. Being forced into T7 had me way beyond pissed off when I went into the fight though so that may have helped. I didn't hold back anything. I was at about 95% and T (not touched in 30 levels) 7 (thanks for that bit of douchbaggery) was at 35ish% when the emperor went down. Maybe everyone should get off Watchman. It looks like a PVP tree. Edited by Draaconis

I just beat it. The easiest way I found was to use Awe whenever he spawned the clones or whatever they were. And just use strike on them. Then kite the emperor back to the staircase near the medical station and force push him off. If it doesn't kill him the 1st time just kite him back a little until force push is ready again. Extremely easy doing it this way. But it's impossible to beat him 1v1 in a normal fashion.

I am a Jedi Sentianl and I do not have the capabilty of force push. what do you suggest?

I am a Jedi Sentianl and I do not have the capabilty of force push. what do you suggest?

Use your 10-meter-range abilities to kite the clones outside of the room along the hallway leading to the Emperor's room. Knock them out one at a time, and when only the real one remains, fight as normal. He will teleport at roughly 80% HP and 50% HP, and then it's just a regular fight.

You can not interrupt everything, so use cooldowns to handle things while you DPS him. Be sure to interrupt his insta-kill ability, he will cast it at least once and possibly twice (it was a while ago, I forget), but it's got like a 6 or 8 second cast time so it's not hard to miss unless you just aren't paying attention to it at all (which is a mistake).

You can use Force Leap and Awe if the clones are clustered to stun them all, then use a single-target ability to hit them off one by one. That should work for one wave (or most of one, kite them afterward).

Cheers.

Just to update people, I did it a couple nights ago. Everything is leashed so there is no kiting outside the room or any special tricks. Took my 3rd try with gimpy droid to do it. As a D Guard, the aoe's are not enough to kill the add's in one swipe, or even two. But concentrating on the main dude, which you do not lose tracking of, you can do it. Let t7 just go into dps mode (non-taunt), and just wear him down, and make sure to interrupt his main attack (force something - I forget) because it's either stupid powerful or managed to throw me across the room and take 10k off me in one go.

Stupid stupid fight that we should be forced into with a companion that we havent used in ages. Make the challenging? Gear it for a non-companioned player, not this.

Guys, don't misunderstand me, but... To my mind he is the EASIEST top level boss. He wasn't as dangerous as I thought. Done it yesterday. 1 try - 1 kill. Spec - watchman. Buf- adrenaline. Used medpacks - no. T7 gear - lvl 39 (quest is buged). Strtegy- simple as it could be. 1. Concentrate just on him, don't think about clones. (I never loose focus on him and damaged just him, almost no AoE). 2. Interrupt ALL (I mean that) his casts (you can do it). 3. Rebuke - do not forget it. And I didn't understand how but he died in 2-3 minutes. Once again - they nerfed it and it's the easiest elite in high levels.

I have to say... this boss was hard for people? Took hours?

I mean, I know Sentinel naturally has a harder time but as a Guardian I pretty much facerolled him and I went in blind with a somewhat Shoddy T7 with only updated weapons and sub-par armor. Darth Angral was harder.

I'm guessing it's because I was Defense Spec so the Emperor hardly did any DPS to me, but I couldn't imagine this being balls-off-the-wall harder for any other spec or Sentinel.

I have to say... this boss was hard for people? Took hours?

I mean, I know Sentinel naturally has a harder time but as a Guardian I pretty much facerolled him and I went in blind with a somewhat Shoddy T7 with only updated weapons and sub-par armor. Darth Angral was harder.

I'm guessing it's because I was Defense Spec so the Emperor hardly did any DPS to me, but I couldn't imagine this being balls-off-the-wall harder for any other spec or Sentinel.

I am pretty sure he has been fixed since the posting of this thread, he used to be a LOT harder, i think it was fixed just prior to my completion as he was nothing special when i got there.

After about an hour of failures, I managed to do this last night. I'm a Sentinel using the Watchman spec but this should also transfer to Guardian. I had it on my 2nd to last attempt and he bugged his instakill ability, hit me with it without a cast bar, and wasted my Call on the Force. On my successful attempt I didn't get to use Call on the Force.

My T7 is in really shoddy gear and I completely missed the upgrade chest. I'm talking about a level 19 gun, no ear or implants, ratings 20-50, 7K HP, 6.34% damage reduction base.

On my successful attempt, I was on 60% and T7 on 33% after the fight.

The things to know:

1) The adds seem to do basically no damage (80-90ish per hit). I left them for T7 to deal with and deliberately did no threat on them. I did not swap targets off the emperor the entire kill.

2) The emperor will chain cast the entire fight. Interrupts are the key to winning this and if you can stay on top of them you can stop the vast majority of damage going out in this fight. Unless you line of sight him he won't move either.

Interrupting:

I had an advantage in that I'm Watchman spec and my interrupts come around 2s faster. However, given the long cast times on everything, I don't really think it would be too much harder to do as Combat.

Remember that you want to let him cast until near the end of his cast bar to increase the amount of time he's just standing there. This also gives your secondary interrupts more time to cycle for when you need them.

As well as the base Force Kick interrupt, there are a lot of moves you should use as secondary interrupts. Save them for this purpose. That's Force Stasis, Awe, and Force Leap. If you're Watchman you can interrupt with Force Leap from melee range, otherwise I guess you could try running out at the start of the cast if you know your other tools won't be ready.

You can use Force Camouflage to stop a single-target cast aimed at you.

If you have to let something through, try to let it be Force Lightning, and save Rebuke for a 20% damage soak when it happens.

Threat:

My T7's gear meant that aside from when he used his direct taunt, the emperor was on me. Even when he wasn't on me, because he doesn't move, I was able to stay on him and interrupting. T7's AOE threat moves pulled the adds and he whittled them down over time.

The pull:

I'd failed several times at this point so the emperor was up on his throne. I'd send in T7 and wait down the bottom of the stairs near the back of the room. The emperor would teleport down when T7 arrived and I'd engage him from there.

From there it was just burn as hard as I could to take him out.

My gear was a mix of Voss and Corellia commendation-equipped gear, which anyone reaching this point in the game should have access to. I did have L49 Artificer hilts, my recommendation is that you should be upgrading your hilts to cutting edge as you level anyway as they have the biggest direct effect on damage.

This post was a big help, so want to say thanks. 1st try after reading this I had him at 5% when he hit me with a kickback that ended me (without call on the force). 2nd try got him - and honestly with the new craptastic cooldown effects I played it horribly (I guess being able to SEE abilities is overrated at BW), but still got him.

So yea, it's plenty doable now. No need to bother with any LOS tricks or bring guild members with you.

I honestly went into this fight not knowing what was going to happen. I just stood in the middle and beat him...I didn't see anything particularly hard about it...

Same here. I went in expecting a big battle, even spent lots of credits gearing up as high as I could. He was dead in seconds.

Edited by Ryat

For me it took a couple of deaths and I could've sworn I only beat him down to a 1/4 health the last time before I died, but next time I attacked it switched immediatly to the cutscene where I beat him ... mabey it had somthing to do with using the Cauterize ability??

Expecting the worst I went into my first attempt assuming I would die, and determined not to use any stims or medpacks or cooldowns over 1 minute and just learn the fight. Less than a minute later he's dead, and I screwed up my use of interrupts as well, letting a couple of hard hitting abililties through. I didn't use any long cooldowns or medpack or stim. Tank spec'd.

It appears he can sometimes bug with his 1-shot ability, but fortunately I didn't have that problem.

It's been said before but I will reiterate: ignore adds, interrupt.

Expecting the worst I went into my first attempt assuming I would die, and determined not to use any stims or medpacks or cooldowns over 1 minute and just learn the fight. Less than a minute later he's dead, and I screwed up my use of interrupts as well, letting a couple of hard hitting abililties through. I didn't use any long cooldowns or medpack or stim. Tank spec'd.

It appears he can sometimes bug with his 1-shot ability, but fortunately I didn't have that problem.

It's been said before but I will reiterate: ignore adds, interrupt.

I found if I ignored the adds he one-shotted my poor little sentinel. After 3 wipes I put T7's abilities on the side bar. I used his AoE taunt to get rid of the first wave of adds, and eliminated the second with cyclone sweep. Combined with a few timely interrupts on the boss and I killed him with over half my health left. T7 did make the ultimate sacrifice however.

I found if I ignored the adds he one-shotted my poor little sentinel. After 3 wipes I put T7's abilities on the side bar. I used his AoE taunt to get rid of the first wave of adds, and eliminated the second with cyclone sweep. Combined with a few timely interrupts on the boss and I killed him with over half my health left. T7 did make the ultimate sacrifice however.

I assume that you r not Watchman coz in this spec u can interrupt all his attacks + force leap with 0m distance. I repeat - don't bother about other clones, hit him like a train and also interrupt. Everything. My T7 (without normal gear) survived it and I was with 3/4 or 4/5 of my health. Watchman is your solution coz u can interrupt more often (don't forget about rebuke).

Edited by DED_ZAXAP

I wiped several times on the Emperor solo. T7 was surprisingly resilient in the fight, I thought. The only upgrade he had since Alderaan was a suboptimal pistol I happened to be holding onto. My spec was level 50 Watchman Sentinel.

Basically, the first few times I did this, I tried to beat the clones. Didn't work, at all. Next strategy was to solo the Emperor while T7 tanked. This did okay, interrupting and the like, but it seemed he whittled me down and I was feeling pretty comfortable with a win until I was like "***?!!! I was at 25% health... and now I'm dead!" That got me a couple of times. When I managed to win (6th or 7th try), I popped the best STR stim I had and used my CDs. Priority looked something like this; Saber Ward, Companion CD and Rebuke, Force Camouflage, Saber Ward again, and when he gets low on HP, pop Guarded by the Force. Of course you'll probably need to use a med pack in there. Just pop the best one you have and for God's sake don't wait until you are near death to do it.

Also, make sure to use Awe when the clones pop. Sweep may also be a good idea. A better idea might be to use Sweep, then Awe, then sweep again if the 2 hit kill is accurate. I don't remember that clearly since I've only done it once. To be brief about it, though, when I killed him, I focused completely on the Emperor, scanning target until I find the one that was damaged most. Another thing I found useful was to use a basic attack to initiate combat (since it was my 2nd+ time) and THEN use Leap. As mentioned, interrupts are your friend, and I can't stress enough the need to use stims.

If the above isn't enough for you, you can go to the bazaar and buy purple 22s to boost your survivability and damage... but really, I was a Sentinel, and when he went down, it was no contest. I was better than 50%.

Took me three attempts 1st anger not good for a jedi . second fresh start still no good.

T7 has to be upgraded most parts you can modify just by right clicking

Weapon , both cores, motor and parts can be modified . both of T7 cores have been clickable from the beginning . T7 was alive at the end

I jumped in the emperor jumped out to fight T7 and the he was defeated . Jedi 50 Sent watchmen spec

I'm also a pack rat and saved my item mods also i grabbed last min mods from Belsaris Correllia and the good ole auction house so all the parts were modifed pretty close to 44 and above focusing on endurance . simple thought the longer t7 could survive the better the chance the battle would be won.

good luck and may the force be with you

loganj -kal-el