Operative Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

With roll essentially being nerfed by 50% and us having 1 effective roll per 10s, can you please explain to us why you've taken away our only decent DCD, gap closer and escape ability and given us nothing to replace it?

This is a gargantuan nerf.

If it was 5 sec per stack, so that the overall cd is 10 sec again, it would be ok. You'll need roll as movment and Deff in PvP.

Speaking purely from a healing perspective:

Set bonuses (as they did with most other classes) seem underwhelming. The only one I foresee that could be truly useful for healers is the TA boost (unless the toxic haze heal is scaled highly, which it does not sound to be). However, even the TA tactical is probably overshadowed by the berserker set.

As for the tacticals, I'm very excited about the kolto waves tactical. The other tacticals seem interesting as well, but I'm not quite sure either will be as situationally strong as kolto waves. I'll have to test them to see...

Have you tested them yet?

I was surprised by the Toxic Haze heal tbh, it does literally the same healing numbers than it does dmg, so on the PTS its was :

- around 5-7k heal by tick for a total of 3 ticks / person standing in it , for 8 ppl.

On 8 dummies : compared to the waves, that did around 180k / activation, and Nano, that did 80k / activation, Toxic Haze did around 120k heal /activation which is pretty considerable imo. It makes me consider it in certain situations

Edited by jambalayabungee

my feedback on operative (healing-oriented) sets:

So far for me the most useful sets for healers would be :

1)the Tactical

2) the Berserker set 4 pieces + 2 pieces that contains power or mastery (in fights where the squishiness dont matter or you are sure you wont get damage... even then, the lack of armor wasnt felt as bad as I thought tbh)

3) Id consider the Toxic Haze healing set for a AOE boosted build since its heal is decent

4) I guess in pvp the Debilitate one could be super helpful, Im not a big pver tho

5) Probe Shield ??

about those Shields from the Probe Shield set, its ok, Im not sure for how much those mini-shields absorb tho, and the other ppl have to be fairly close to you (5m range? not so great for healers, or maybe in pvp? )

It would be SOO MUCHH NICER if we could actually place our shield on somebody for those "oh ****" moment , giving a little grace time to save somebody dying while our Hots can bring them back up...

Ill take a set bonus that give me X charges of shields on a person I choose (at range!) over those 5 meters random 8 ppl shields, but thats me, maybe this was thought more as an dps utility than an healing one

=======================================================================

as for Tacticals, I really like the instant injection one, paired with the Tactical set and the new abilitiy it really does feel like you wont ever have to cast Injection anymore , makes the whole thing more instant and mobile, its pretty great.

Now I kindof miss the auto-crit on injection still, but hopefully is worth the trade?

I like the +20% Kolto waves Tactical, but only in certain situations, I feel the Instant Injection one is too much of a value to put aside ...

also I find it risky to have another ability depend on TA generation, even if it hits harder. I rather have more surgical probe to refresh hots, or kolto infusion

I tried the Generic "Luck always Changes" tactical, not sure if its working as intended ? It show as if it could bring your crit change up to 140%, but in a parse, the difference is only about 5-10% more crit, which is nice, but not as class changing as other Tacticals could be

====================================================================================

I still wish have a set bonus that have more synergy with the healing abilities specifically, like the old bonus sets, instead of just some generic ones.

Its still useful, yeah, but it feels as exciting as receiving socks for chrismas -- yeah, you will use them, but you still wish the person that gave them to you would have make an effort to give you something more "special" lol

But hey, there is a lot of great things in there still, Im not un-happy in general, pretty excited for 6.0 , I like to have the choice of more customisation still, Ive been waiting for that since the skill trees went out :D

Operative concealment and medicine.

Really like tactical overdrive, but needs a new tile picture, its very confusing at this time. I am really happy about the changes to operatives, people will be inventive and think outside the box, everyone's play style will become more varied and interesting.

Tactical items

Explosive cells

Really like this tactical, allows for faster target swapping, and better AOE.

Acid lash

Really like the mechanic on this one.

Volatile strike

Like this one, being able to instantly activate volatile substance with a guaranteed critical will be really helpful in tight fights.

Augmented holocom

Love the movement boost, will be very useful in a range of encounters.

Artistic insights

Not as useful as the other tactical items, I think it would be better if it allowed two tactical advantages instead of one.

Armor sets

Debilitator armor set.

Really like the extra hard stun, will prove very useful. My favorite armor set.

Tacticians armor set

Will be really useful, especially for medicine.

Authority armor set

My second favorite. Really good AoE boost.

Agressive treatment armor set

Really like the damage/healing pairing on this one.

New Ability

Tactical Overdrive - Increases Mastery by 15% for 12 seconds. In addition, resets the cooldown of Stim Boost, Recuperative Nanotech, Volatile Substance, and Lethal Strike. 3 minute cooldown.

Tactician - (4) Tactical Overdrive now also resets the cooldown of Backstab, Lethal Strike, and Toxic Scan. (6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 1%.

So why would the Tactician Set bonus reset the cooldown of Lethal Strike when this function is already included in the Tactical Overdrive ability? Has something changed?

Edited by JonnAndCo

I wish there were set bonuses and tacticals that I would want to take as an operative healer. Currently on the PTS I feel that I am choosing one because I have to, not because I want any specific one.

I'd like to see a tactical that would give an auto crit Kolto Injection every 30 sec, like our 5.0 set bonus.

maybe OP haxors; as the class isn't overly buffed enough in Bolstered instances with same class buffs they want to make this class JUGG/GAURD 2.0

So why would the Tactician Set bonus reset the cooldown of Lethal Strike when this function is already included in the Tactical Overdrive ability? Has something changed?

• Lethal Haze - Toxic Haze spreads Toxic Blast's effect and Lethal Strike does additional damage to all nearby targets affected by Toxic Haze.

:confused:

By the time you set all this up, won't the primary target or weak mobs already be dead? Dot-dot-toxicblast-toxichaze-lethalstrike-noxiousknives x infinity? So this is only good for groups of gold mobs? I guess you could do dot-toxicblast-toxichaze-lethalstrike-noxiousknives-spam, but still... shizz gon' be dead by the time you set this up, which is the primary issue with Lethality / Ruffian AoE's: Long long long set up time.

Because it is easy to maintain energy in Lethality, Fragmentation Grenade is an underutilized AoE with solid single target punching power. Personally, I'd like to see it buffed somehow -- perhaps similar to IO merc's Missile Blast during execute.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

To further what Snave said; it seems that the cooldown of roll is reduced to 6s with the set bonus (tooltip changes with/without gear), but the charge refresh time is 8s regardless of gear. As far as I can see the cooldown is irrelevant with the charge system, and guessing (hoping) the set bonus was supposed to reduce the charge refresh time?

I wish there were set bonuses and tacticals that I would want to take as an operative healer. Currently on the PTS I feel that I am choosing one because I have to, not because I want any specific one.

Have you tried Aggressive Treatment set? It gives us a third aoe heal, with no energy cost.

Have you tried Aggressive Treatment set? It gives us a third aoe heal, with no energy cost.

I've tried it, and as long as it heals for the large amount it currently does, it will be the one I use. The reason I don't find it that appealing is that a third AoE heal is a bit excessive. In situations where I can see myself using it, Kolto Waves would do the job just as well.

Hey folks,

Tactician -

(4) Tactical Overdrive now also resets the cooldown of Backstab, Lethal Strike, and Toxic Scan.

(6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 1%.

//

Critical Surgery - Surgical Probe always critically hits on targets below 35% health.

Ninja changes that might impact operative healers ...

Last patch I just realised they ninja-buffed the TA healing and dmg bonus on the 6 pieces Tactician to 3% instead of 1% ... so a 3-12% free healing bonus is worth it a bit more

Also they upped the threshold on Critical Surgery to 50% instead of 35%

(they listened to feedback, ty for that!)

Aggressive Treatment armor set:

Consolidate 4-piece and 6-piece into one bonus (6), and add a different 4-piece. Perhaps include the current live 6-piece bonus: reduces cooldown on recuperative nanotech. Similar to the reasoning with the sorc innervate CD reduction bonus (thanks for listening to that feedback and adding it back in!): it currently feels a bit clunky having the nanotech back at a 13 second CD.

Also, it appears the 4-piece bonus (refunds toxic haze energy) is bugged; it's not refunding its energy.

Healing Wise all these sets are "which is the least bad"

Testing is limited at the moment but I highly recommend adding actual set bonuses for healing like previous gear sets.

Healing Set Bonus Example

(2 set piece) - 2% Mastery or Alacrity

(4 set piece)- Increases Shield Probe Absorption by x% OR Guaranteed Crit on Kolto Injections

(6 set piece)- Increases Recuperative Nanotech healing by x% (15%-25%) --This was probably the best-set bonus talent in the game in early 1.xx versions.

Critical Surgery - Surgical Probe always critically hits on targets below 35% health.

-Acceptable talent, but shadowed by other healing talents

Tactical Probe - Activating Surgical Probe reduces the cast time of the next Kolto Injection by .25 seconds. At 3 stacks, Kolto Injection can be cast instantly.

-Most interested in PvP healing

Regenerating Waves - Kolto Waves consumes a Tactical Advantage and heals 20% more per tick.

-Raiding wise this would be my top pick without being able to test it

Ninja changes that might impact operative healers ...

Last patch I just realised they ninja-buffed the TA healing and dmg bonus on the 6 pieces Tactician to 3% instead of 1% ... so a 3-12% free healing bonus is worth it a bit more

Also they upped the threshold on Critical Surgery to 50% instead of 35%

(they listened to feedback, ty for that!)

Hmm, is Tactician really per stack of TA? I thought it's just a 1% (now 3%) boost, no matter how many stacks of TA you have.

Edited by Equeliber

Hey folks,

//

[*]Tactician - (4) Tactical Overdrive now also resets the cooldown of Backstab, Lethal Strike, and Toxic Scan. (6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 1%.

Maybe it was wishful thinking of my part, couldnt test it officially yet, I admit it isnt so clear in their description tho. It would change everything then :p

EDIT: It **seems** to work, without the Tactician set, Injection was doing 16-33k heals, and with the Tactician, at 4 stacks, it averaged 18-36k heals... Now im not the best at testing things compared to other ppl here, its kinda unclear with the RNG/crits, and nothing special is showing in starparse in term of effect ...

If anybody else can confirm or deny this it would be helpful :)

The Tactician set bonus works when having any number of tactical advantages. Instead of 1% for every tactical when you could hold 3 as a dps spec or 4 as a healer, it's now a flat 3% as long as you have a tactical. I personally like this change as it rewards those who still play the original way of conserving tacticals instead of spending all in a rush.

Only issue they need to fix is how tactical overdrive and the 4 piece set bonus both reset lethal strike. They could make the set bonus reset toxic blast instead however that's very useless with a 10 second debuff on a 14 second CD. If the devs would like to be creative, how about reset the CD on Fatality shiv proc. New dynamic of an internal CD reset but it would be a much better change than a clueless added double lethal strike reset.

My opinion on the Operative (DPS) Tacticals:

Catalyzed Toxins (Lethality): A very nice tactical in my opinion, takes some getting used to but changes up Leth playstyle. Super satisfying pulling off a 50k - 60k burst. I would probably end up running this more in 6.0 rather than the normal version. Working on a proper rotation for it is difficult though.

The additional 9 seconds to the cooldown is very harsh but understandable. Very annoying having to waste 2 GCDs to apply dots again.

Suggested changes: Maybe the next Corrosive Grenade also applies Corrosive Dart to the primary target?

Viral Elements (Lethality): Another great tactical which is focused on AoE damage. Toxic Blast being spread is already good enough for me but you went the extra mile to make Lethal Strike also do damage to multiple targets aswell! This will save me countless facepalms from accidentally placing Toxic Blast on the wrong target then having to wait until they die to try again.

The AoE can really shine with the Authority set bonus as well.

Suggested changes: None, good job with this tactical!

Synox Shots (Lethality): A simple buff to Toxic Blast really nothing unique. If you dont prefer

Catalyzed Toxins for Single Target I would suggest you use this. No real drawbacks here. Normal Toxic Blast damage is around 2.1k with the Synox Shots it gets up to 3k with 5k crits. Not bad.

Suggested changes: None, sometimes simple is better.

Acid Lash (Concealment): Another good one. I feel like this one would be perfect for both PvE or PvP but I would mainly use it in PvE. Allows you to have constant 100% uptime on Acid Blade really easy to apply and basically refreshes on every Laceration. Combining this with Corrosive Dart is also a good option. A good choice for people who cant be bothered with reapplying Corrosive Dart. Oh yeah. That means constant 30% Armor Penetration.

Suggested changes: None.

Volatile Strike (Concealment): This one requires a bit more coordination on when you apply your Volatile Substances and when you hit it with Veiled Strike, but if you miss you always have you dots to detonate it. Not really much to say about this except that its good.

Suggested changes: None.

Explosive Cells: Copy Viral Elements - minus the great AoE dot damage. The AoE is still there and I would prefer this in an AoE fight but I see no reason not to swap to Lethality and use the more potent Viral Elements if I was going for AoE. Maybe make it spread Acid Blade and Corrosive as well?

Suggested changes: Spread Acid Blade and Corrosive Dart.

Surgical Shiv: Only really useful if you're going for a full on self-heal build as you can get some juicy 15k heals back when you crit. Not really much to go on. I would say this is only useful for some solo PvE'ing and most useful in PvP.

Suggested changes: None, its keeps its identity to be a base class tactical so it should be less useful than spec-based tactical but still retain its usability in certain builds/playstyles.

Artistic Insights: Bad. Very bad. Not good in either parsing, PvE, PvP or Solo play. No uses. Literally the utility Holotraverse w/ extra TA would be more worth it than this. This tactical needs to be reworked.

Suggested changes: Keep the TA gain, but when used the next ability that uses a TA gets a damage increase of 10%. Un-spec Tacticals should retain some usability that the spec Tacticals don't have.

Augmented Holocomm In the same boat as Artistic Insights. Very weak with very few uses. All I can think of is if you get separated from Tyrans in NiM/ or you're bad at platforming.

Suggested changes: Any target between you and your holotraverse target get stunned for one second and immobilized for 3 seconds. This allows the tactical to be used both offensively and defensively.

Edited by UltraFlashStar