The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PTS Phase 1 Coming OFFLINE - Thursday, July 24th

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First off, we cannot thank all of you enough for all of the great testing and feedback that has already happened. The team has gathered all of the feedback and bug reports and are building an action plan as we move towards phase 2 in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, we want to put out another decent sized patch to PTS but it will take a few days, meaning we need to take PTS offline. This "Phase 1.5" will kick off early next week and will include:

• Imperial Agent set bonuses, tacticals, and new abilities (I will post these before the end of the week ahead of PTS)
  • Balance for KP and EV so that they are available for testing (more details on this ahead of the patch)
  • A whole bunch of bug fixes (look for a more detailed list ahead of PTS)

I will post here tomorrow once PTS is down, but know that it will likely come offline with little to no warning. Then, look for further details on PTS timing for next week along with a more detailed look at the new things / changes.

Thanks all.

-eric

Wow, just 2 days? I was trying to do a bit of testing of both mara and sin stuff, and I swear I've spent half my time just getting geared and reading through the tactical descriptions. I really hope "phase 2" is going to be to keep on testing this stuff plus whatever you add, and is a lot longer. [Edit: and doesn't make us generate characters from scratch again.] Edited by Banderal

It would have been nice if we could have had more time to test it. Not everyone is able to test it out during the week. I would have loved to be able to play around with it more on the weekend. I don't think 2 days is enough time to fully test everything out anyways.

The 25h is Thurday, but how have you managed to gather all the feedback in just 2 days?

The patch in question is related to phase 1 still (phase 1.5 if you will) phase 2 won't happen until a few weeks. so Phase 1 is more than two days. :) they are just deploying a patch to fix some issues.

Wow, just 2 days? I was trying to do a bit of testing of both mara and sin stuff, and I swear I've spent half my time just getting geared and reading through the tactical descriptions. I really hope "phase 2" is going to be to keep on testing this stuff plus whatever you add, and is a lot longer. [Edit: and doesn't make us generate characters from scratch again.]

Phase 1 is still going it will just be offline for a short time until "1.5" is deployed. Phase 2 is still weeks away.

Phase 1 is still going it will just be offline for a short time until "1.5" is deployed. Phase 2 is still weeks away.

Oh right. I misread "a couple weeks" in Eric's post as "next week". My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Wow, just 2 days? I was trying to do a bit of testing of both mara and sin stuff, and I swear I've spent half my time just getting geared and reading through the tactical descriptions. I really hope "phase 2" is going to be to keep on testing this stuff plus whatever you add, and is a lot longer. [Edit: and doesn't make us generate characters from scratch again.]

This^^^

And, on most of my characters i haven't been able to test with the right gear, as it is a bit confusing of what to start with at first. Hours it can take to just get the gear you are comfortable with.

Plus, PTS can be more fun than the regular server. Please bring it back up :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

[*]Balance for KP and EV so that they are available for testing (more details on this ahead of the patch)

[*]A whole bunch of bug fixes (look for a more detailed list ahead of PTS)

-eric

I done an EV yesterday on the PTS it's working as intended and then started an SNV HM but we ran out of time but with the broken ui and other things it's a real mess.

agro range is kinda annoying on EV because when going to the pylons most of the trash will be pulled same as on Tyth in GODS once you jump down from the platform he is pulled.

Please don't wipe the characters that we have created so far. It took long enough to read through everything and get them set up just to blast a few training dummies to ensure everything was good before testing it out on content.:jawa_smile:

PTS Phase 1 is now offline! Look for details early next week on phase 1.5.

Thanks all.

-eric

Will we still be sith inquis/Sith warrior testing in Phase 1.5 or is it swapping purely over to the agent stuff and yes Eric I would like this to be confirmed TY :).

Edited by fushnchips

For the past three days I have been greeted with an error (This server is currently unavailable. if this problem persists, please v visit http://www.swtor.com/support to contact our customer service team.) I have done this each time with no replay. Guess I will have to call.

I have been on top of this watching and waiting for a chance to provide feed back and give my insights. Am still looking forward to it and running each class alone each skill set. Though it is nice to see is I still see my 9 north American toon which I copied over, however, if I remember correctly the forum said they would be wiped. Also my main account should 8 toons as well.

Well if you are fixing things after two days worth of open pts some variables must have been off expected outcomes. I just hope to get in and have the time to test each class along with making sure the progression run has no kinks. Well Look forward to join you soon.

Thanks for taking time to read this. have a great day.

Thanks SO MUCH for yanking away the carrot on a stick JUST as I finally finally FINALLY got past the absolutely ceaseless "Network Error trying to download patch (310)." I didn't even get to LOOK for the briefest moment at what kind of gear was being previewed. Try making the next PTS last just a LITTLE bit longer than a decimal of a fraction of a percent of a decimal of a fraction of a percent of a single micro-tetra-milli-billi-nano-bano-second, maybe? Just maybe? Edited by HollyUSEC

• Dev Post
Please don't wipe the characters that we have created so far. It took long enough to read through everything and get them set up just to blast a few training dummies to ensure everything was good before testing it out on content.:jawa_smile:

The current plan is that we will not be wiping for phase 1.5, but are likely to do so in phase 2. For a little clarity, the only reason that we do a character wipe is that the patch will have done some back-end changes which would effectively break your character. So, we only wipe characters when necessary!

Will we still be sith inquis/Sith warrior testing in Phase 1.5 or is it swapping purely over to the agent stuff and yes Eric I would like this to be confirmed TY :).

Inquisitor and Warrior will still be there, we are simply adding Agent as well. To answer your question, effectively all three will be available.

-eric