Darth Baras (spoiler)

Kabaal

Cool thanks, he was a pain and just whooped on me. I figured that it was due to me being 2 lvls below him but from what I have read he is a pain period. Do you have to beat him just once or is it more then once like the first time you killed him?

Just once, thank the Force.... If he had come back for more, I would have said "Screw this, I'm outta here."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just once, thank the Force.... If he had come back for more, I would have said "Screw this, I'm outta here."

I am with ya, it was a pain to beat him and I had a little help. Fat man Baras was a pain the second time around too, good lord I wiped the floor with him the first fight then suddenly he was like a new person, who was mobile lol Finally beat him and had him imprisoned.

I am with ya, it was a pain to beat him and I had a little help. Fat man Baras was a pain the second time around too, good lord I wiped the floor with him the first fight then suddenly he was like a new person, who was mobile lol Finally beat him and had him imprisoned.

Baras had a "Rocky" moment in the second round, that's for sure! He knocked me down twice. Once more would have been a TKO. Luckily, I figured out how to counter his Voice of the Emperor instakill and brought a fully tricked out Quinn along to redeem himself. Yes, I actually ended up using him. His carbon spray came in REALLY handy. lol

Baras had a "Rocky" moment in the second round, that's for sure! He knocked me down twice. Once more would have been a TKO. Luckily, I figured out how to counter his Voice of the Emperor instakill and brought a fully tricked out Quinn along to redeem himself. Yes, I actually ended up using him. His carbon spray came in REALLY handy. lol

You have to wonder how much Carbon Quinn had to use lol sorry I couldn't resist.

You have to wonder how much Carbon Quinn had to use lol sorry I couldn't resist.

A LOT of it! :D Yes, Darth Tubby's Sith Code goes:

The cake is a lie, there is only pie.

Through pie, I gain calories.

Through calories, I gain fat.

Through fat, my belt is broken.

The Recliner shall free me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How in the hell do i kill this guy? I've went as both DPS and tank specs plus taken partial and full groups to him yet we all get one shot every single time.

It's a solo class quest yet he hits for 15,600 damage?

I have to be missing something, any ideas?

I battled him as a Sith Juggernaut, Tank speced and brought Quinn so he can heal me. In the first round, Baras will be in Soresu form. He can use a Backhand that pushes you back like a Force Push, then he'll use Obliterate to jump to you and attack. So when he does this rotation, be sure to counter with something more powerful than that (ie: Force Push --> Saber Throw --> Force Charge, etc.). Once he's done with that combo, Baras will primarily use his strong lightsaber attacks.

Once Baras is in pale-face mode, he'll switch to Shien Form and become more powerful. He also has a few other abilities to try and kill you. He has Crushing Field (basically Smash except extended, it'll slow you down and damage you over time), then he'll use Force Pull to interrupt you and pull you in. Furthermore, Darth Baras has Emperor's Voice, which is basically his 1-hit KO. When he does Crushing Field, back up quickly and use a long-range move like Saber Throw and Force Scream. But once he uses Force Pull, Force Push him then charge right at him. But if you get hit by the Crushing Field, use Unleash immediately. Other than that just attack him as fast and as strong as you can.

Well, i wanted the choice to join Baras, and do away with you-know-who.

Don't get too hung up about it, Harry Potter will do so in book seven. :p

Confusingly enough, "you-know-who" can describe both the annoying rules-lawyering black-haired buzzkill and the Dark Side master who offed such a buzzkill. Now try to figure out which universe I'm talking about.

Join Baras, Crush Minions would've been a pretty great ending. Alas, we have to fight him instead. I did it as a level 48 Marauder pre-Legacy buffs, used Quinn, was aggressive on interrupts, didn't have a problem. It was a close thing, but he didn't kill me.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Baras was a pushover compared to lord Draal or whatever...I don't know if he got buffed in some update or not but he is immune to all debilitating affects..force choke, force push, intimidating roar..Nothing worked on that guy! Once I realized that I was able to build a strategy that avoided those abilities, but it was still difficult even at level 50. Baras on the other hand was relatively easy. Those who say they beat Lord Draahl at level 47...Yeah, I'd like to have seen that.

With regards to Baras, like has been stated earlier, the key is to keep interrupting and make damned sure you keep him off whatever companion you use. I actually used Pierce. I know many of you like Quinn, but I have better luck with a ranged DPS over a healer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
How in the hell do i kill this guy? I've went as both DPS and tank specs plus taken partial and full groups to him yet we all get one shot every single time.

It's a solo class quest yet he hits for 15,600 damage?

I have to be missing something, any ideas?

yeah, i heard that hes pretty big (sarcasm i know cuz he's almost as fat as the death star) in fact he created illum. his mass gathered all the crystals and comets thus forming illum.