Sith Assassin Feedback

EricMusco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made Op, Jugg, and Sin... Deception is disturbingly disappointing in its current PTS state. I really hope Bioware takes the comments in this thread seriously, there's nothing right now to recommend this class / discipline, and that's a real shame as it is and should remain a core SWTOR class.

New skill - I'll likely never use it as it is. Recklessness CD is too long, and Force Cloak doesn't reset it entirely, to me it messes up the rotation of both, putting cloak comes off cd before recklessness, having to wait for recklessness to come off cd first - clunky, sensless, and a nerf that doesn't need to be.

It feels poorly thought out, because the least thing Deception needs is more nerfs, but here we are with nerfs all over the place.

The set bonuses don't make any sense, don't increase dps (I don't pvp so dunno about usefulness there), and I end up taking 2pc accuracy and 4pc berserker set just like every other class, because so far no class specific armor set bonus can match it.

If Bioware wants people to play different ways, that's great, but if different = worse then we'll all be back to the meta, whatever that ends up being.

Right now deception parse, for me, is behind vengeance & lethality by 5-10% single target and that's with identical gear set bonuses. I've tried the voltaic slash tactical, and greased lightning, neither gets me up near the other two.

Edit: just tried the ball lightning tactical, it's a tiny bit of a boost, but not much to close the gap.

Edited by cibacrome

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with the replies of my colleagues in this thread. Deception at current state at PTS is terrible.. Drastically nerfed compared to the rest of the classes. Very bad set bonuses, new useless skill (Severing Slash) etc. Team please make your statement regarding all this. Because we are not happy with the planned changes. Very disappointing...

Please don't test out and report about balance. That's not part of this phase. We're testing out how the bonuses interact with each other across the gear, tacticals, and making sure the new abilities work and are good. Or at least that was the point of Phase 1. This is phase 2 where we're supposed to be testing out acquiring the gear. They already told us in phase 1 that balance will come in a later phase and that current set bonuses are simply placeholders.

If you're not testing out what they are asking for specifically, you're not helping. You're focusing on other things than what is needed. The more we focus on the primary things (loot/acquisition/crafting), the less broken it will be and the better they know where to go with things. If you're noticing other discrepancies, make note and save it for when that's part of the pts.

So please, don't get all worked up over current balance. That's later. Get worked up over gear acquisition.

Please don't test out and report about balance. That's not part of this phase. We're testing out how the bonuses interact with each other across the gear, tacticals, and making sure the new abilities work and are good. Or at least that was the point of Phase 1. This is phase 2 where we're supposed to be testing out acquiring the gear. They already told us in phase 1 that balance will come in a later phase and that current set bonuses are simply placeholders.

If you're not testing out what they are asking for specifically, you're not helping. You're focusing on other things than what is needed. The more we focus on the primary things (loot/acquisition/crafting), the less broken it will be and the better they know where to go with things. If you're noticing other discrepancies, make note and save it for when that's part of the pts.

So please, don't get all worked up over current balance. That's later. Get worked up over gear acquisition.

Musco said:

Hey folks,

If you are looking to get started on PTS, please check the Welcome to Phase 1 post, here. Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the Assassin tactical items and set bonuses after getting your hands on them on PTS.

Be sure to be as specific as possible in your feedback!

-eric

So I assume if their thought on the Assassin tactical items and set bonuses is that they suck, they are perfectly within reason to do so.

Musco said:

So I assume if their thought on the Assassin tactical items and set bonuses is that they suck, they are perfectly within reason to do so.

Again, that was phase 1/1.5. And not the actual balance testing for abilities. The only balance that was and is being tested is the level-sync.

Here is part of the announcement for phase 1.5:

"Balance is nowhere near final and so we are not driving you to play anything specific (except for some areas with the scaling tech). Feel free to play solo content, hit up training dummies, or try to coordinate group content with your friends and guildies. In future phases when we start testing loot drops and balance, we will setup scheduled play times for group content.

There are a number of things that are in placeholder states or are not yet fully implemented:

New tooltips have been implemented, but they are still a work in progress.

All of the Onslaught gear is using existing armor appearances, that is likely to change.

Amplifiers are not implemented. If you see them appear anywhere expect that it is fully placeholder and not implemented."

The current test is about loot. Balance is later. Could be phase 3.

And to reiterate: I did not say don't do it. I said don't focus on that alone and get worked up about it yet. Wait until it's time to test ability and set bonus balance specifically. Then get worked up about how bad off our poor assassins are. But by all means, if anyone wants to mess with it, take note and hold on to it for when it is that phase. As a secondary/side thing though.

Again, that was phase 1/1.5. And not the actual balance testing for abilities. The only balance that was and is being tested is the level-sync.

Here is part of the announcement for phase 1.5:

"Balance is nowhere near final and so we are not driving you to play anything specific (except for some areas with the scaling tech). Feel free to play solo content, hit up training dummies, or try to coordinate group content with your friends and guildies. In future phases when we start testing loot drops and balance, we will setup scheduled play times for group content.

There are a number of things that are in placeholder states or are not yet fully implemented:

New tooltips have been implemented, but they are still a work in progress.

All of the Onslaught gear is using existing armor appearances, that is likely to change.

Amplifiers are not implemented. If you see them appear anywhere expect that it is fully placeholder and not implemented."

The current test is about loot. Balance is later. Could be phase 3.

And to reiterate: I did not say don't do it. I said don't focus on that alone and get worked up about it yet. Wait until it's time to test ability and set bonus balance specifically. Then get worked up about how bad off our poor assassins are. But by all means, if anyone wants to mess with it, take note and hold on to it for when it is that phase. As a secondary/side thing though.

Personally, I'm all for anyone telling Musco and co exactly how crappy everything they notice is. Besides what, who are we to interpret what Musco et al do or do not want. I say, complain about anything you find stupid and let Musco et al decide what they actually care about. Then we can all come screaming about whatever they didn't fix with a nice I told you so.

Personally, I'm all for anyone telling Musco and co exactly how crappy everything they notice is. Besides what, who are we to interpret what Musco et al do or do not want. I say, complain about anything you find stupid and let Musco et al decide what they actually care about. Then we can all come screaming about whatever they didn't fix with a nice I told you so.

I really hope that's a joke, because there's literally nothing to interpret. There are multiple posts and threads plainly stating what is and isn't being focused on. Using your power of reason, you can deduce from the words plainly used that focusing on balance isn't what they want. It can't be made clearer than them saying specifically what they're after right now.

Bumbling around without reading the instructions and then hollering AFTER the fact does absolutely nothing. It would make you part of the problem because you didn't follow instructions that were made crystal clear.

I really hope that's a joke, because there's literally nothing to interpret. There are multiple posts and threads plainly stating what is and isn't being focused on. Using your power of reason, you can deduce from the words plainly used that focusing on balance isn't what they want. It can't be made clearer than them saying specifically what they're after right now.

Bumbling around without reading the instructions and then hollering AFTER the fact does absolutely nothing. It would make you part of the problem because you didn't follow instructions that were made crystal clear.

Musco asked us to try and give opinions about Assassin Tacticals and Set Bonuses, you can read about 6 pages of why they are trash. So what is that you don't understand?

Edited by TheDramaKing

Musco asked us to try and give opinions about Assassin Tacticals and Set Bonuses, you can read about 6 pages of why they trash. So what is that you don't understand?

You are absolutely correct! The tacticals and set bonuses, making sure they WORK (which some did not work right). Not their balance (which is what a lot were reporting about).

You are absolutely correct! The tacticals and set bonuses, making sure they WORK (which some did not work right). Not their balance (which is what a lot were reporting about).

Are you trolling or are you for real? I mean if you are trolling not funny, if you are serious it's even worse...

What balance of utterly useless trash set bonuses and tacticals! Buff new trash ability x 5, where am I gonna use that! Buff pointless, rotation breaking set bonuses, where am I gonna use that! Its useless, we are not talking about them being weak we are talking about them being USELESS which they are USELESS

Go do your roleplay or solo missions and leave the combat to people who actually does combat.

Are you trolling or are you for real? I mean if you are trolling not funny, if you are serious it's even worse...

What balance of utterly useless trash set bonuses and tacticals! Buff new trash ability x 5, where am I gonna use that! Buff pointless, rotation breaking set bonuses, where am I gonna use that! Its useless, we are not talking about them being weak we are talking about them being USELESS which they are USELESS

Go do your roleplay or solo missions and leave the combat to people who actually does combat.

Neither. You're not understanding. I'm not saying anything about usefulness. I have been talking about *TESTING BALANCE*. Usefulness =/= balance. Folks are posting about balance when they specifically stated (as I quoted in a previous post) not to focus on or worry about balance. Again, balance isn't important, which is what I have been saying repeatedly.

Btw in case some of the devs is reading this, you screwed up something on Discharge for Deception:

when you have 3 stacks and the skill icon gets its glowing effect, if you use it it will take 1 second for the glowing to be removed.

This delay is very annoying because normally if the glow stays it means that Discharge missed, therefore making it misleading.

Edited by TheDramaKing

• 4 weeks later...
I still find the new location of utilities by levels extremely disadvantageous for the assassin. Masterful (2 lvl) had most of the not interesting positions, while Heroic (3 lvl) has everything that is most necessary and interesting for an assassin. It would not be bad if you revised the location of utilities, thanks.

I thank the devs for making death knell reduce recklessness' CD by 15 seconds to fix the original CD issue on deception this was causing. But the fact that you now ninja nerfed our Fade utility back to -30 seconds instead of 45, this "fix" is now reverted again, so can the balance make up their mind if they want to nerf deception's CD sync into the ground or not?

R.I.P. phasing phantasm for tanks. It's now a force regen rate boost. Changed to 25 % damage reduction for DPS vs 60 % absorb of all incoming dmg on live.

Who will ever waste a utility point - in the last tier, even! - for a regen rate increase tied to the main mobility skill?

Also this :rolleyes:

I thank the devs for making death knell reduce recklessness' CD by 15 seconds to fix the original CD issue on deception this was causing. But the fact that you now ninja nerfed our Fade utility back to -30 seconds instead of 45, this "fix" is now reverted again, so can the balance make up their mind if they want to nerf deception's CD sync into the ground or not?
Edited by nyrkverse

Regarding the amplifiers, maybe make them less random, so that they also respect your current loot discipline/class because atm we get amplifiers that do not even work on the played toon i.e. force/tech healing/damage increase should not be general, force users should only get force healing/damage increase amplifiers.

Am I missing something or good set bonus for Darkness doesnt exist at all? Same for Hatred.

You have 2% more HP and 10% dmg red each 20sec for 6 sec how is that not good for a tank spec?

EDIT: [Ward of the Continuum] tactical is legit useless, you still have 15% shield chance, Dark Ward is still 20sec on you (without Dark Bastion) and the Dark Bulwark stacks are still capped at 8 (10 with Dark Bastion) and the number of stacks doesnt affect the shield chance you have, you can have 1 stack or 20, the shield chance will still be 15% till Dark Ward expires, so this tactical is legit useless and does NOTHING

I don't know how are you gonna make this tactical work without another sin tank nerf or buff. :rak_03:

I play both PVE and PVP and what can I say is that this assassin tank nerf is huge for PVP and sin tank will be let's say bad vs a jugg tank or a pt tank, and I assume this nerf was more like for PVE because force speed dr was super op everywhere in PVE. I don't know who had the idea to make same gear for pve and pvp, but that was the biggest mistake in terms of balance between PVE and PVP, this is why PVP should have lower gear than PVE with expertise like it was before and the bolster you get from pvp, lower so you can't do PVE with it and the other way around for PVE, higher rated gear but without expertise so it makes the gear bad for PVP and forces you to not do PVP without gear.

If there was another set of gear for PVP there could have been a fix for assassin to be, in both cases PVE and PVP, as good as other 2 tank classes are and the most important thing you would not have seen so many ppl in ranked without gear.

If there was 2 different gear sets pve sins didn't have slow on spike to use it on bosses with immunity and maybe sin tanks from pvp could have still got the force speed dmg red.

#BRING BACK EXPERTISE FOR A BALANCE

About the new ability that Assassin has atm, I think it needs some changes, it should have two ticks instead of one (animation looks like it hits twice) and the dmg of those two ticks should be a bit higher than one tick of lacerate, and the cone that makes the dmg should be 180° wherever the player faces his caracter, so you can hit everything that is in front (because in pve when you have 2 things on you and one is on right side and one is on left and you use it between em and you hit nothing is kinda triggering, more like a tank issue because this is how game works). I think this is what is gonna make the ability different than lacerate and stronger only in certain situations and this is how you keep both abilities viable.

Edited by AlexIonutPlay

Assassin tanks should be allowed to keep Force Speed with 60% DR. I understand nerfing it for the DPS since their cooldowns were stronger than some other classes. But it's currently one of the most important cooldowns for an Assassin tank, and I don't think it's currently causing any major imbalance, especially since Assassins have much lower passive defense. (if anything, Force Shroud is the most OP ability that Assassin tanks have)

I continue to be sad about, and baffled by Sin nerfs. I don't PvP, so nothing about balance from me there. But the nerfs to PvE are just making sad. The force speed dmg reduction (nerfed by over 50%?!) is alarming, and zero for sin tanks? Well I don't tank but I can only imagine how this is going to wreak havoc for sin tank NiM rotations.

Tacticals for Sin are quite mediocre, nothing stands out, each one is a very minimal gain far as I can tell. Same for set bonus, they are either entirely PvP focused, or rotation breaking. The new skill is completely useless in PvE as well.

Altogether I feel like Sin's have gotten the short end of the stick too much lately. It's like devs don't really get Sin dps, or dislike the class the the point they don't want to expend any effort improving it.

I'm not saying make it stronger, but defensives are crucial, sin's are squishy without these, and why are we getting bonus gear that breaks our rotation? Not good.

I, for one, am absolutely looking forward to 2.5 seconds of increased force regen every 12.5 seconds. Truly, it has been one of my greatest regrets in life that, every half a million years, when I accidentally spam thrash once too many times, I find myself at 30 force, instead of the comfy 55 I usually sit at.

And lo, and behold the benevolent overlords have heard me and my great shame has been undone. By Kephes' sweaty cloaca, I can even Lacerate single targets now, if I so choose.

On an unrelated note: Remember when the devs said they don't want to stealthily introduce changes to the game? Yeah, that lasted.

Am I missing something or good set bonus for Darkness doesnt exist at all? Same for Hatred.

I have asked this question numerous times. What i heard is that the set bonus is actually broken and needs to be fixed. I opened a thread on it and have recieved literally no feedback. Maybe one day we will get an update