Sith Sorcerer Feedback

EricMusco

Tempest of Rho

This one really has potential. Alas, the RNG really makes it the Devil's play-thing. I was finding that compared to the steady Damage that MRS provided, this would usually underperform or perform at level depending on procs. I like the addition of lightning strike procing it as well, but I feel this still has a ways to go before it is viable.

Much like Ticking Force Bomb though, this one really doesn't change much about the spec. Now you're just a slightly higher DPS Madness Sorc.

Just a quick note on this tactical which I think makes this one not too bad. I tried a tweaked rotation where I did the normal basic static rotation (the one the refreshes dots a couple gcd's early) and instead of doing FL > LS > FL > clipped FL > demolish, I used a hard cast LS right after the first LS and used the 2nd FL right after. So it would go FL > LS > hard cast LS > FL > demolish.

It really smooths out the rotation since you no longer need to clip a force lightning and a non-wrathed LS will average out more damage with the 100% proc chance than the slightly more damaging clipped FL and only 10% proc chance.

It actually makes the rotation feel not so clunky, madness might still need some number tweaks since it's hard to accurately parse most specs with the cooldown text bug and only half the classes being testable but functionally I think this tactical is perfect.

Edited by shyroman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, feedback from quick, initial testing a Corruption sorc with various tacticals and bonus sets:

1. The (2) Set bonus (2% increase of Power) for Gathering Storm and Soulbender do not stack. Is this intentional?
  2. The Stimulated Set adds 100 Mastery bonus - not exactly bad, but is this enough of a bump to justify choosing this set over others? It didn't feel like it, maybe bump it up some? Or see the next item:
  3. I honestly don't understand the point of (4) set bonuses. It would seem like either another piece (maybe offhand) should be added to the set bonus count so one can stack two (4) sets together. Or these should be reduced to a single (3) set bonus. This would allow the player to choose/stack set bonuses in more flexible/creative ways. Otherwise, and this may not necessarily be true, but it will feel like one is not fully gearing out by choosing a 4 set bonus vs a 6 set bonus.
  4. What happens to the original/current set bonus items that are attached to armor mods? Do these go away? Or can I put 252 armor mods into these shells and get both sets of bonuses?
  5. I could not tell if the Entertainer set was working or not - do you have to be in a group to see this effect? Why does it state it affects allies and not you and allies? Can it be used solo?
  6. I'm going to kick myself for stating this, as it was pretty sweet, but the Luck Always Changes tactical does affect healing abilities. Thus, as long as my healer does not attack anything, every heal ended up be a crit (max crit, btw, turned out to be 137.59%).
  7. The Berserker set bonus may be a little OP for a sorc; my damaged reduction was only reduced by 0.7% compared to the 25% increase in power...
  8. Krall's Accord is interesting but ultimately useless. For example, as a healing sorc I will never want bonuses to absorption, shield, accuracy or defense - or 50% of the usage of this tactical. So why would I ever slot it?
  9. Is the 100K to augment going to be the final cost? Any chance of reducing this?
  10. I could not achieve my current 15.5% alacrity with the new 307 gear, fully augmented. Please don't make us regrind gear to wind up having lower stats than what we started with (and currently my sorc healer is not even in full 252 gear...).

Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks for listening!

Interesting stuff. I got on the PTS last night and ran an EV SM. I didn't know the PTS would be taken down today, or I would have made better notes. Also I didn't parse, so take as just one observation.

With 1 set bonus - where Consuming Darkness grants a crit of Dark Heal - either that was bugged, or it is not working as intended. I didn't see that bonus as beneficial at all. And considering how often I went OOF (solo healing EV is resource heavy but not so badly) and how little Consuming Darkness refunds compared to the debuff, I don't see it being used that often. And I was using Consuming Darkness a lot, but hardly noticed an improvement. It counteracts the Innervate crit Force Surge passive benefit, IMO. Granted, I don't use Reivivication on CD, as in my experience it is wasted eHPS, but for one who does use it on CD, maybe they will get more benefit. I just don't like needing that Weary detriment for a marginal improvement.

The other set bonus, the set that looks like Darth Baras' armor, with giving an additional tick of Resurgence, I found that to be more beneficial, but marginally so.

I used the tactical that gives an additional bounce to Roaming Mend. It was buggy in that it didn't always give the extra bounce. But considering Roaming Mend is my staple, I see a lot of benefit to that tactical.

I wanted to try the Entertainer armor set, but I don't have any toys unlocked I could have used for PTS. Bummer, since that looks like a good set to carry and use for the buff, then switch to the real set.

After watching some streamers play pvp, I noticed that lightning sorcerer is very mobile and kinda tanky. Lightning sorcerers are able to kite as well as do dmg whereas madness sorcerer cannot. If madness sorcerer is going to be less tanky than madness, then it should have more mobility or atleast equal mobility. Whatever changes you decide to make, please make sure u add mobility to the list because as of right now, madness sorcerer is way to easy to shut/pindown in comparison to lightning.

Buff SI DCDs! :rolleyes:

Hololocate, Kolto Counter, Apex Predator... lul, there are no words. This is ridiculously one sided.

Listed below are a few suggestions

- Force Shroud and Phase Walk for all Inquisitors(moved into the Inquisitor base class, yes-yes) I never understood why Force Shroud wasn't both a Sin and Sorc DCD.

- Activating Phase Walk grants 1 second of Force Shroud.

BioWare </3 </3 </3 This is a SI thread, maras make your own lol

If madness sorcerer is going to be less tanky than lightning

...less mobile and tanky than Lightning, less tanky and less dps than IO and Virulence. Like I said, perfectly balanced :D

Edited by EmperorRus

Just adding what I've seen from just a little testing of only Lightning so far on the PTS. This is from the perspective of a PvEer.

Firstly, a small QoL improvement, I feel it would be better to keep the cooldown display of Volt Rush consistent, i.e. use a horizontal line traveling upwards to display the cooldown in order to keep things consistent, since we've been trained to look for that in SWTOR, rather than the clock visual which it uses at the moment. Difficult to tell whether this is just me or others would like it too.

Secondly Volt Rush seems to be massively underperforming. Calculating values (for lightning at least) shows that 3 volt rushes is worse DPS than simply 3 lightning bolts. Even with the 3 stack set bonus, the DPS is now almost the same, rather than better.

I feel this calls for a slight increase in DPS, more damage from stacks, or some other gimmick like ignoring armour.

Another thing which could improve it (albeit make it harder to use) would be to prevent 2/3 stack volt rush from consuming the stacks. Due to the cooldown, this allows 2 fully buffed volt rushes to be used. Even now, this is still not better than spamming lightning bolts, unless the 3 stack set bonus is applied.

Finally I feel the Convection Burst tactical (3 convection stacks from force speed) should have a slight change. From my testing, it appeared that the 10% damage boost was only applied if the convection stacks were used, i.e. thundering blast only received that damage bonus with it consumed all 3 stacks. This was hard to tell, so I am not 100% sure, but it is what appeared.

Since we can already cast Thundering blast whilst moving, the instant cast (for PvE) isn't so helpful, but if the damage boost is applied when any stacks of convection are active, this becomes a lot more useful, and fun to try to manage when you pop force speed to get 3 instant bolts plus a damage boosted thundering blast. Thus: desired change thundering blast receives the 10% damage boost whenever you have any stacks of convection.

Sorcerer seems to be really underwhelming as far as the Madness spec is concerned. The set bonuses don't do that much in regards to helping the spec and the tactical aren't that useful, Volt Rush also needs a buff as others have mentioned.

Sorcerer seems to be really underwhelming as far as the Madness spec is concerned. The set bonuses don't do that much in regards to helping the spec and the tactical aren't that useful, Volt Rush also needs a buff as others have mentioned.

Yeah Tempest of Rho even after buff still is very lackluster - I think because creeping terror dots and dots in general do not hit so hard like lightning strikes/bolts etc so these tacticals are less strong than the lightning ones and it is still too much of an rng thing and madness is in a state where it need solid constant buffs to keep afloat and not rng. And pn the other tactical -Mystic Blade the demolish unfortunately is not the best ability to refresh Force Leech. It should be instead "under polarity shift force lightning resets cooldown of force leech ...etc". Demolish is typically always used prior to force leech rotationally , because it is of higher priority - so we do not want to delay it under polarity shift just to get off a force leech beforehand and reset - again a dps loss and pointless if we delay it. So just make force lightning that ability...we can then exchange 1x lightning strike in polarity shift window for 1x extra force leech instead - that would make that tactical much better.

But honestly after tests I think the dots just need to be buffed slightly up again as well. - What is unfortunate is I do not feel a ramp up in dps anymore during the sub 30% health "burn" window at all - madness / hatred I think should be the two dot specs where their dps significantly ramps up in the burn - that could be their class signature and in 5.x at least I felt there was a bit of an increase in the dps as the dummy or boss went bellow 30% - that would be a strong and unique selling point of these two dot specs.

Anyways I feel you guys nailed lightning and I am excited to play. Sure the fact that Volt Rush is currently not doing much of anything for us is somewhat disturbing but the tacticals for Sorc Lightning are great.

Summery of Thoughts for Madness Tacticals/ Bonuses

(these bonuses can be linked to both their armor set / and or tacticals - but I feel they need them)

-Tempest of Rho: - it is better now but any way to ramp up damage even more when a target's hp is bellow 30% (ie. dots start to tick harder) would be appreciated

-Mystic Blade/ Demolish Tactical: - refresh on Leech should be linked to Force Lightning / actually the overall buff can be linked to Force Lightning instead of Demolish.

->I know demolish is cooler but FL is more practical when it comes to "enabling" any proc for madness sorc as it is more flexible in the rotation that way.

Edited by ottffsse

Only for sorcerer healer.

Dont forget to add some sort of passive ability "Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5sec".

Without it the rotation really looks stupid, not to mention about force management.

Finished my phase one group achievement today on my healing Sorc. It's weird being back at the start of the gearing cycle and without all those passive Legacy buffs. I can feel the difference. Most of all I miss the old 6-piece bonus. It really allows Healing Trance/Innervate to mesh with the other abilities, and on the PTS healings feels gappy now as I wait for it or Wandering Mend to come off cooldown. Fewer Trances (and no 4 piece bonus) also negatively affects my regen, so it'll be something I really need to keep on top of. The new 6 piece set bonus is pretty lackluster, buffing one of my least used heals and it honestly seems to reward bad play. I've been playing with the same set bonuses for years and that Healing Trance cooldown reduction feels essential to me now, to the point where I'd argue it should be baseline for the class.

Oh, to clarify, the set in question I tested earlier this week was the Empowered Restorers. I switched to the Revitalized Mystic this weekend, and it's better, but not particularly interesting. Right now I'm more bummed about what I'm go lose than what is waiting for me in the new sets and tacticals.

Edited by Galandro

I just played 5 warzones on a madness sorc on pts. I went for tier 1 alacrity, 0 accuracy, and the rest in crit. I used the tempest of rho tactical. The other one that instant procs force leech has too many moving parts to reliably use in pvp, in my opinion. I also used the Dire Retaliation 4 piece set bonus (the overload one) and one of the 2 piece ones that gives +2% power, because I think the alacrity +2% is broken.

Anyway, my tentative conclusion is what many, including me, already suspected. Madness sorcs are going to be terrible in pvp in 6.0. Much worse than now, where they are merely below average. Madness's advantage over lightning currently is that given enough uptime, madness has higher dps potential. Now that doesn't even appear to be true. Madness and lightning seem to do about the same damage, with lightning possibly doing even more now, and lightning has far, far greater survivability. There's simply no reason to play madness in pvp in 6.0. I don't have a huge issue respeccing to lightning, but it's still a shame that madness will be worthless.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Madness damage is too weak up against group of enemies level 75 on ossus up against level 70 group of 4 enemies and they are taking my sith sorcerer madness damage health almost two blows,

Gear wish looks good but augments, relics, implant and ear device is a bit confusing due to them being almost alike,

The combat proficiencies screen setup correct.

Still do not know why your putting boots, ear, and head enhancement on sith sorcerer as alacrity when they used to be critical and power respectfully.

Since Alacrity has been add to madness damage it reduced the ability to maintain the characters health now its a dam struggle trying to heal yourself to stay alive even in simple fight with non gold star enemies and during pvp warzones.

Inventory does need overall for holding more gear piece like chest, gloves etc. or at least allow the outfits gear to be stack like skill crew up to 20 per piece you can decide what to keep or sell.

Want to me a suggestion too on in game credit,

How about making if your subscriber with 20 cartel credit you can purchases once a month 1 million credits from the cartel market over a 12 months. you can earn the 20 cartel credits from special missions such as entering 2 master flash point, 5 warzone matches, 5 veteran flashpoints, assisting 6 other gamers with missions and grouping for 20 dailies such as 3 per planet where dailies contents is located.

Prefer get 15 cartel credits and get access to 750,000 in game credits, completely similar amount of game contents.

free players get access to 10 cartel credits and access to 400,000 credits per month for completing similar amount of contents.

It can not be stacked or accumulated per month you must use the 20 cartel credits to purchase the credits immediately as you earn them for that month. the credits too much be used over that month before you can access the next months cartel credits or a cut off date example 2nd of each month. prefer and free to play account holders will be allowed access to the credit either if they already have reach there cap by special inventory reward credit.

which is separate from in-credit you collect from other missions and contents you sell.

Edited by Darkrebellord

Some feedback on the tacticals for healing Sorcs:

At the moment, the one that gives Roaming Mend an extra bounce seems to be the only really good one. Both of the ones that increase/decrease healing done by Revivification based on the number of targets it's affecting feel way too weak. I tested it with my guildies on the fleet and in full 306 the healed HP only went up/down by ~30 per tick for each person added or removed, which is nothing when people have 100k+ health.

Maybe the one that increases healing when there are more targets could potentially be useful in a really AoE heavy operations fight, but the one that increases healing the fewer targets there are seems pointless. Even with only a single person in the circle it's basically a waste of Force because using any other ability on them would heal them more for less.

Finally decided to get on the PTS to see how Lightning Sorcerer is going to be affected, since that's my main. I'm testing as a solo player. Lightning in normal play has been a frequently mentioned disaster one-on-one DPS-wise since 5.0 (especially in PvP), however, what lightning does have going for it in live right now is survive-ability (very useful in regular PvP, world boss fights and harder solo content) and decent AoE. On the PTS my excellent survive-ability is gone and I can't work out exactly why. In normal game-play, I usually have my companion on DPS because I rarely lose health. It's only places like Ossus and Dantooine where I have my companion set to heal.

I tried doing various heroics with my boosted level 75 on the PTS and the speed of my health loss was embarrassing. Not even Unnatural Preservation was much use. I deliberately took utilities on my PTS Sorc that matched my main - mostly the health increase and damage reduction ones, however they seem to have no effect. My companion can barely keep me or him/herself alive - I have to frequently self-heal & companion heal which is a pain in the arse. Even after upping a couple of PTS companions' influence to level 20 was struggling to manage to keep my health up against strong/elite mobs on lowbie planets. This made game-play frustrating rather than fun. I'm not sure what the increased damage taking is related to. Is it legacy related? Is it gear/stat related? Is it companion related? Have the utilities strengths been lowered? I just don't know. Someone good with the training dummies/stat comparison/math may be able to work out why.

What I do know is that I would have preferred to have been able to copy my main across to the DPS complete with companions and legacy to get a good comparison (I only ever use level 50 companions on my main and all of my alts so this might be part of the issue).

Set Bonus

I chose the Endless Offensive set for my lightning sorcerer and the increased alacrity (+2%) is noticeable - I was pleased with this effect, however the +2% crit seems to be non-existent.

Utilities

Utilities have been stuffed into 3 categories rather than 4. Nothing new at all; I was really hoping for an additional tier.

New Ability: - Volt Rush

I only see me using volt rush if I take the tactical where it turns it into another chain lightning. It seems really underwhelming.

Agreed; my first thought on using Volt Rush was "MEH". Unless you take the tactical item "Elemental Convention" (which makes Chain Lightning give you "Volt Flux" causing your next Volt Rush to arc to multiple targets), Volt Rush is less than useless. It's damage is pitiful and as a soloer before I equipped the tactical item "Elemental Convention" I took Volt Rush off my ability bar and decided to forget it existed.

Tactical Items

I tried:

Endless Barrier - worthless to me since force barrier's deionize effect doesn't last that long and when I needed to use Unnatural Preservation, the deionize debuff was already gone.

Stormwatch - I found it too "fiddley" to include in a rotation as a solo player. I can see it might be useful raiders/master-mode groupers or for solo players the longer world boss fights.

Elemental Convention - I have this currently equipped. The chain lightning effect works well, so I can see using this in live, however the "Volt Rush triggers lightning storm" effect I did not see any evidence of.

I'm really struggling to see how they can make any major changes/improvements or add new tactical items based on our feedback in such a short timescale. I suspect changes might be made during live once many more get a chance to use the items in real-world gameplay as has been the case in the past.

Having 40 toons on my main server and a few on other servers, I play mostly sorc/sage in regs and ranked PvP (yeah, even after 5.0 nerfed to depression sorc when buffed to ubergods mercs back then). I had high hopes for 6.0 especially since Keith took over. Now I must say after joining PTS wzs, it feels kinda joyless.

Main reason is that sorc got that mistake of an ability - I mean after hoasting Tenebrae I acquire this little lightning spits, that both look and feel like that first fight with Lord Paladius on NS when your connection to the force is severed. Skanks like Immortal jugg with dps gear get tacticals that make infinite Enraged Defence loop + 25% damage ability, sorc gets little lightning spit, that might maybe tickle some mob so he can laugh at that laughstock sorc constantly is becomming. I would rly want to see how devs from "fight team" are going with dps sorc (best madness at this piont) in Ranked arenas.

Curretnly sorc need some serious buff and ability change. Btw I always loved Force Wave in Kotor and Kotor 2,

why not make Overload more like that so it could be much more usefull and rather lore friendly. Some tactical maybe.

As for new ability again It could be changed for one rly strong (strongest dps sorc hit or healing for Corruption spec.) energy blast that cost u full force bar and makes u weary or something like that. Good Luck fixing sorcs! Counting on you guys!

Edited by Myfael

This is a rant fuelled bit of feedback. Feel free to skip, unless you're a dev

Did more out-in-the-world testing on a lightning sorcerer and I'm leaning towards it being a game breaking experience for me. I really hope the current "balance" is just messed up due it being the PTS because if the lightning sorcerer goes live in this state no-one will play them.

I did the weekly conquest objectives just to get a variety of things to practice with / test out abilities. In the Blackhole daily area, I was killed in the heroic. KILLED, DAMMIT! Who the hell dies in there? A strong (not even elite) droid mob hit me for three quarters of my health in that heroic, which was followed by a hit from his droid mate and I was finished. ***? What on earth has happened to our survive-ability? It was all we had after the 5.0 nerf. None of my healing abilities seem to heal me for anything more then 10 health on the PTS (well, its seems that low). Our shield no longer does anything (one lowbie mob hit and it's gone). Companions seem to have gone on strike and barely do anything useful. Our AoE which was superb, is just pants now. Our single target damage was never good, now it's just gone. Most areas I visited (Ossus, Dantooine, Taris, Blackhole and Balmorra (yes Balmorra)) challenged way more than is experienced with my level 70 on live. Ample use of medpacs was needed. I've only ever used a medpac for PvE during the world boss fights on Ossus, the world boss Lucky, against that bi*ch Vaylin, hard mode star fortresses and when I went afk too long once and came back to near death. I certainly didn't expect a level 75 in the new gear set to be so bad.

Many of us spent many hours getting our lightning Sorcs to a passable level of damage for PvE and superb survival for PvP but now the PTS is showing that this is gone? Lowbie strong mobs are pointing and laughing at lightning characters on the PTS. I really hope it's because the area level ranges are just messed up. If, however, the nerf to our damage and survival are intended, me and my sub money are most definitely out. I expect the level 70+ areas to be challenging, yes. I DO NOT expect the lowbie areas to become super-kill-zones.

Devs, you can't take away our ability to survive and keep our damage output at abysmal. Not if you want us to stay subbed and stay playing. There is far too much temptation coming elsewhere to put up with this malarkey. You can't base all your info on Test Dummy shenanigans.

I’m not excited about the changes for Corruption / Seer spec.

Set bonuses

As others have already mentioned, the loss of the current set bonus affects rotation and Force management in a negative way. It does feel like a nerf. New set bonuses are not even close to being a decent alternative, very few of them are useful for Sorc healers in PvE.

Dark Consumption - Dark Heal heals more if you have a Weary or Reverse Corruption stack and consumes 1 stack upon use.

It feels like a tactical as they were described at first since it encourages you to adjust your rotation and precede each Dark heal with Consuming darkness while having stacks of Force surge. Sadly, the bonus amount of healing is not that big to justify possible problems with Force management, and no one is going to care about +2 end and +2 alac.

Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.

I agree with those who are concerned that there’re too much buffs tied to Force speed. I don’t want to use it on CD to buff something, I want to use it when I need a quick relocation – you know, what it was designed for. I can’t double check it at this moment but I believe this set bonus provides one more effect which is similar to Surging Speed utility (reduced CD on Force Speed/Force Slow/Force Barrier). That's... weird. Sure, it allows choosing another utility from the 2nd tier, but nothing else here is really worth taking for PvE healing.

Tacticals

• All For One - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects.
  • One For All - Revivification heals more the fewer allies it affects.

I’m still not sure if these tacticals actually work. Tested them on healing dummies, here’re numbers I got:

• One for all: 8 targets – 147k, 2 targets – 14k and 16k (comp happend to be around).
  • All for one: 8 targets – 130k, 1 target – 17k.
  • Without them: 8 targets – 136k, 1 target – 15k.

Tested them both in Hammer Station HM and didn’t feel any difference.

Healing Volts - Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally closest to the enemy to be healed, scaling with how many Energized stacks are on the enemy.

This one can be useful when a healer needs to off-dps a lot. I’d prefer it being a “smart” heal like Roaming mend which prioritizes group members with lower amount of HP but it just heals for a small amount a dude who happened to be closer to the target than others. I can see myself taking it from time to time though.

Extra Mend - Roaming Mend can now heal up to 5 targets instead of 4.

Extra mend seems to be the most decent tactical but it’s also the most boring and unimaginative.

TL;DR. New set bonuses and tacticals are hardly worth the grind. Losing out current set bonus affects negatively rotation and Force management. Please consider making old set bonuses available for 75 lvl players or at least turn their effects into passives for respective disciplines.

Edited by Ollmich

The new Setboni are way worse than the old ones.

There are exact 0 Setboni, who effect a madness sorcerer in a positiv and direct way.

The 2% Bonis are +2% of the stats, thats worse again. +2% hard gonna be way better.

In the actual PTS version, no madness sorcerer will going for a 6 piece bonus and the old ones are useles with 75...nice.

You spoke about tactical items, which can effect direclty, like more targets for chainlightning, or only one target for this. But nothing like this is in the game.

The most tactical are better or worse setboni.

The new ability of the sorcerer is useless and if you gonna use it, it harms the gameplay in a negativ way, in every spezialization.

Plz give the madness sorcerer there 8m deathfiled back, there are numerous exsamples where the 8m are perfect (pve) and 5m is just crap. Most of the PVE-Groups are standing in a 8m diameter. Even in Raidcontent are numerous exsamples for this situation. 8m, or 5m is a enormous difference, when you hav to bomb adds near the boss. As a exsample, bomb adds by Tyth (GotM), mostly the adds are to far away, or the boss gonna eat them.

If it is a constant problem for pvp, just split the skills for pvp/pve, as in other classes. Give pve 8m and pvp 5m.

There are so many exsamples where a class was nerfed becaus of pvp, and thats my real problem. I dont play pvp, i wanna play pve. Plz du nerf skills for pvp only.

summary:

- need better setboni

-- especially for the chosen specialisation

-- hard 2% buffs

- tacticals, which make a difference in gameplay

- useful new skill

- 8m deahtfiled

I just want to add my 2 cents on lightning sorc - just lightning.(PvE)

I have spent the day testing several set ups,

Currently the best set up I have found (by far) is Gathering storm set bonus + stormwatch tactical.

The stormwatch tactical, adds 3.5k to 4.3k dps. making it very strong (to strong?), parsing in the mid 18k on average, with a 19k spike. dps, on a 4 milion dummy, with only the inqusitor class buff

The Second test up I spent sometime testing, was again Gathering storm set bonus + Eyrin's Haste

This set up, I must say is quite fun to play with, but does about 2 to 3k less dps than the above set up.

I like the idea of force speed being tied to a lot of buffs, and to think what abilty to use it on. (thundering blast or 3x lightning bolt in Eyrin's Haste case.) allthough the choice seems 3x lightningbolt most of the time.

Other than the above set up, - most other stuff, range from situational to useless, with the exception of the flat damamge increase tacticals (greased lightning, and biorythm) but they add about the same dps as Eyrin's Haste while being nowhere near as intresting.)

-edit-

After some furhter testing today, hit a 20.3k parse with the Gathering storm + stormwatch.

the other set up I gave some tries were with the Endless Offensive set bonus, which feels really clunky and not fun at all, being about a 1.5k-2.5k dps loss vs gathering storm, 17.5k vs 20k (with stormwatch), Even with the set bonus which is meant to make volt rush better, it is still a really lack luster abilty, - the animation has a really slow feel to it (it seems to take longer than a gcd using this skill), According to star parse, using this set bonus, the largest hit is just shy of 15k (14492) with the average hit being 10k this vs lightning bolt Largest hit 14.1 but average hit 10.3k - with this set up, I had 40 volt rush hits for a total of 401k damage vs lightning bolt on the same parse 35 hits for 363k

this entire set bonus seems like kind of a mess, because even under the right circumstances for volt rush, you're still better of just using lightning bolt in all situations, the only thing I see volt rush having any use, is if you have to move so much that you are out of instant casts or casts you can't use on the move (basicly unbuffed lightning bolts and crushing darkness, which in PvE doesn't happen often enough to warrant this set bonus ( as honestly the diffrence between it and gathering storm is to big, while also not being fun at all)

-- edit 2 --

After furhter testing with Gathering storm + stormwatch and all class buffs (not raid buffs) the average parse for me is 20.2k (15 parses, non below 20k all between 20k and 20.5k) with the real number of stormwatch being 3.7k - 4k. on the tooltip it says 'A lightning blast is called down, dealing 2398 energy damage' on star parse the average hit 3500-3700 and highest crit being 4600 to 4800, I really suggest either making this abilty never crit (making each hit the 2.4k the took tip says) or nerfing the damage it deals by atleast half to 1200, even with this it might still be to strong, but it is something to test.

------

But with there being so much useless, or otherwise situational things, I don't really see the 'play the way you want', it just adds a lot of confusion if anything. - I would actually like the amount of set bonuses significly reduced (preffably 1 pvp, and pve set) things like Dire Retaliation, Decelerator's and Controller just seem like traps, I doubt even for pvp they will find any use, (not worth taking over other 6 set pieces like Gathering storm) this is not even talking about the general set bonuses, that I don't think will find any play ever, (all of the 'if you are below 50% health' set bonuses (but that is for another topic, not the sorc specfic one)

Edited by Folcwar