Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

change the guardian light saber stance

arcaneika

can we please change the way a guardian holds their light saber make it like the other classes they look like they are holding a base ball bat

The first time I played a Guardian that's exactly what came to mind, a baseball stance. All I could see was Ruth, Dimaggio, etc., and where's the ball?!

Have fun with it and create a character with a famous baseball name. :D

Edited by Pirana

I like it standing still, wish theyd change the running one.

That said, I think I'd rather them worry about bigger problems.

Because them focusing on bigger issues have lead to significant sweeping changes that are worth the wait or applause, right? :) Jokes aside, I remember thinking different stances would at least provide differing animations or bonuses according to the lightsaber forms. I'd like the form buff to be viewable again (optional) and a few new animations.

I'd just like some variety, it's been 7 years.

can we please change the way a guardian holds their light saber make it like the other classes they look like they are holding a base ball bat

I agree. Why do they hold like a baseball bat? It’s silly.

Quigonn held it higher. That whole stance is supposed to be held at shoulder height like a 2 handed sword.

But I doubt it’ll get fixed now.... it’s been like that for 8 years. Thankfully we may get to switch factions soon, so you play your juggernaut instead 😂

The first time I played a Guardian that's exactly what came to mind, a baseball stance. All I could see was Ruth, Dimaggio, etc., and where's the ball?!

Have fun with it and create a character with a famous baseball name. :D

Good point !!!

... but how do you get that light saber into a box of Cracker Jacks ?

:D :D :D

Well, it's not so much the pose as the running animation. They are tied together though.

The only time I run with my lightsaber is when I am in battle, and either throwing it, or using it. Learn to use the Z button. Problem solved. I am with the others, it is fine as it is. And it doesn't look like he/she is holding a baseball bat, it is fashioned after a classic Samurai pose, which guess what, was what Lucas himself saw the Jedi to be.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

The only time I run with my lightsaber is when I am in battle, and either throwing it, or using it. Learn to use the Z button. Problem solved. I am with the others, it is fine as it is. And it doesn't look like he/she is holding a baseball bat, it is fashioned after a classic Samurai pose, which guess what, was what Lucas himself saw the Jedi to be.

Ah ! At last ! Here we are ! The stance reminds me of the stance of Raleigh Becket when going up against Mako Mori in Pacific Rim. He uses this stance more than once ... If I had a link for that or one similar I would post it.

But yes... you are correct !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.