When Scourge Returns

DarthMetalJoey

Again, my big problem with kill options is that once you can kill off a character, they're basically done with that character. And I want more lord scourge, not one hi I'm back and done.

My concern is the total silence on the matter of companions in general. We know what's been said... and that's not a whole lot.

Kira and Scourge... Nada !

BUT.. if you look on U tube you can see the very abbreviated "reunions" (if you call it that) that are only a minute or so at best.

While I personally don't need a "LI" ( I guess that's what you call it ) to play the game... It has become a big part of the game.

For me.. It's nice to have some interactions with our companions ... It's a good break from the normal hum drum game !!

At any rate... I'm certain that there are many players who would prefer to get back ALL of the companions that have been missing for so long now.

And yes... this includes Scourge !

IMO... considering the recent crop of bugs with companions.. and the lack of new material surrounding that aspect of the game. There is a lot of room for improvement in this area!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, my big problem with kill options is that once you can kill off a character, they're basically done with that character. And I want more lord scourge, not one hi I'm back and done.

Based on previous companion returns a "hi...bye" 60 second cut scene would be my bet sadly and not a big story driven return that all companions deserved.

On companion returns my two favorite romances Vector (imp side) and Iresso (pub side) got those super short, not very meaningful, no real story impact returns and that was it forever. I'll be forever salty that Kaliyo got an an entire chapter to herself + other appearances, Scoprio played a large role in the KOTET/KOTFE story, Temple got to play a role in a story FP and even Lokin got an interesting (and annoying) return quest line with the Rakghouls but Vector got a 60 second fast cut return. These type of lackluster returns left me zero hope for any meaningful companion returns.

As much as I want these last remaining companions back I know they'll most like be a quick 60 second return and that's it forever.

Well there is a big expac coming. Here's hoping Sourge turns up with as many lines as Aric (still one of the most fitting companion returns imo), that's probably realistically a best-case scenario atm. I'm not expecting anything on ClassQ level of interactions.

Why does it feel like you're trolling me lol.

Caught me with my pants down ye did

To be fair we haven't seen any more interactions with old non-killable characters than killables. At this point I'd call them all dead and forgotten regardless of if they're actually dead or not.

If I'd have to guess I'd guess the only places we'll see any old (already returned) companion content again is gonna be on big expansion releases, and the small updates like Ossus is just gonna advance main plot without caring about side stuff.

Edited by Kiesu

Didn't they say somewhere that all copmpanions will be back BEFORE 6.0? or has that changed?

Did they mean all of them will be back...

OR

Did they mean that companions will be BACK ! As in able to actually interact with as opposed to a brick or block of wood ?

I would apologize for the negative post ... but IMO this is one important area that very little if any direct or meaningful information has been released. I know that the team is under a lot of pressure ... but this is one matter that really could use a little better PR.

I think you have Kira's return down cold. I think Scourge's logical moment to return has come and gone in the story. Frankly, I think he should have shown up either with Lana or with Darth Marr in the early KotFE chapters. At this point I imagine Scourge's return as being:

JK Commander: Scourge! Where have you been all these years?

Scourge: Around.

JK Commander: What have you been doing?

Scourge: Things.

JK Commander: Why didn't you make contact?

Scourge: You aren't the boss of me.

JK Commander: ...

Scourge: ...

JK Commander: Want to join my team?

Scourge: I've got nothing better to do.

I hope this isn't Scourge's return, but the "I couldn't find you" missing companion excuse is worn out at this point.

Plus:

Scourge: Wanna date now?

Commander: Sure/Nah

Agreed that Scourge's logical moment to return is long gone.

Exactly.

Realistically I think if they wanted the missing companions to have any meaningful part in the story they would have brought them back by now. Or else, the ones that were hurriedly brought back with the 'two minute wonder' reunions may have originally had parts in KOTET that were scuttled when it was cut down so significantly, and they had to scramble to figure out new return points for them.

Scourge and Kira were absent for the entire storyline involving Vitate/Valkorion and his remaining weapons. If they didn't fit in there, which seems to have been a logical place for them, I can't envision how they would fit into the upcoming conflicts. If they are both included in main story and not Alliance Alerts I'll be surprised. It's disappointing, but Bioware also threw away opportunities to incorporate companions into other places in KOTET where they would have made sense, like Felix Iresso on Nathema or some of the Imperials on Dromund Kaas.

We all know how those reunions will go:

Commander: Scourge! Kira! Where have you been?

KIra: We were doing stuff.

Scourge: Yeah, stuff.

Kira: We didn't know you were still alive.

Commander: ....don't you watch the Holonet?

Scourge: No. We have no idea what's been going on for the last 6+ years.

Kira: So...what's new? Did you do anything fun? By the way I love you now.

Scourge: Me too.

Commander: *starts romance that consists of one kiss*

[/added scene]

Commander: Kira ?

Kira: What?

Commander: After 6 + years ? Really? Not too emotional ? Saving it for later? ... Maybe another 6 years or so?

Kira: You know... The galaxy in peril and all that ?

Commander: Really?

Kira: You know me, if I had something to say, I wont hold back !

(End scene; Kira and Scourge never seen again)

Edited note: you may recognize a couple of the quotes from Kira have been previously used.

Caught me with my pants down ye did

LOL, well, pull them back up, it's like a train wreck, I can't look away. I agree with you about the 'Aric' part, I do hope Scourge gets a really good return with loads of dialogue and interactions and a side by side adventure. Love Scourge, can't get enough Scourge.

My concern is the total silence on the matter of companions in general. We know what's been said... and that's not a whole lot.

IMO... considering the recent crop of bugs with companions.. and the lack of new material surrounding that aspect of the game. There is a lot of room for improvement in this area!

That has been bothering me a lot too. They have yet to acknowledge the bug that is placing Quinn and Dorne in an inactive/unavailable state after Ossus if you had retrieved them from the terminal rather than gotten them from the story. 7 months now and counting. More seriously, they are also not acknowledging a related bug that places Quinn in the inactive/unavailable list if a warrior sides with the Republic on Iokath even though they did get him through the story, even if they romanced him! It seriously discourages me from doing new content if companions or other assets can be stripped from me without any apparent intention of them being returned. I have zero faith that Bioware can create new story content without totally effing up the old content and zero faith that they will actively try to fix their screw ups.

And why are they back to making new companions without gear slots? They know damn well people like to dress up their companions, which was why they upgraded so many. Why did they stop half way through and why regress back to half-assing them?

And why are they back to making new companions without gear slots? They know damn well people like to dress up their companions, which was why they upgraded so many. Why did they stop half way through and why regress back to half-assing them?

Maybe because the ones they did make customizable were pretty awful. I know some people claim they like the newer Lana, Koth and Senya, but I wonder if they'd feel the same way if it were their special companion being made to look like they were a vampiric anime teenager with out of proportion heads and eyes. Maybe they will figure out how to make companions with unique body types and face sculpts look like the actual companions for 6.0. Or do what they did for Theron after Nathema and Nadia's hair after Ossus and start offering people ways to change their companions' hair or other looks without totally changing their entire face.

I'd love to at least take the helmet off Paxton Rall, but not at the expense of having him look like a bobblehead, the way customizable Koth does.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Maybe because the ones they did make customizable were pretty awful. I know some people claim they like the newer Lana, Koth and Senya, but I wonder if they'd feel the same way if it were their special companion being made to look like they were a vampiric anime teenager with out of proportion heads and eyes. Maybe they will figure out how to make companions with unique body types and face sculpts look like the actual companions for 6.0. Or do what they did for Theron after Nathema and Nadia's hair after Ossus and start offering people ways to change their companions' hair or other looks without totally changing their entire face.

I'd love to at least take the helmet off Paxton Rall, but not at the expense of having him look like a bobblehead, the way customizable Koth does.

It's not so much the taste in available "custom looks" (although truth be known some classier looks would help tremendously ... without looking like misfit "scar face" representatives ).

1. There is very little to no "real time" spent with companions. Use to there were the little triangles above the heads of the companions to let you know it was time to discuss something with them. You could choose a quite moment ... away from the normal "game play". Now that we have strongholds... that option hasn't been around for ages . Go figure.

2. The reunions that take place now are VERY brief. The afore mentioned responses in this thread about the SHORT reunions have been demonstrated repeatedly already with other companions (ie. Elara Dorne reunites with the trooper). Don't take my word for it... it's on YouTube. The entire "reunion" takes only about 2 min .. 30 seconds from the time Lana tells them "I'll give you two a moment alone" ... trust me .. that was exactly right ..

After a 6+ year absence ? Really ?

Please note: for me personally I don't need that sort of thing. I have a real live item here at home ! You should be mature enough to figure that out ! No details needed.

That said .. there are a lot of players to whom companions mean a lot more than just a brick hanging around their neck to heal them in combat.

To me ... I like the idea of having something other than a block of wood that can add to the overall game .. If I'm spending that much time playing ANY game.... there had better be something in there to make it worth my while. At one time that was pretty much where the companions were.

Today there is less and less companion anything.. They have become as someone else has described: a Brick ! I call them a block of wood. (some carved less appealing than others I might add).

IMO ... this is one area where BW / EA are missing a REAL opportunity to demonstrate to the community their commitment to keep the game alive... not just surviving until their contract or whatever it is ... runs out.

This is not easy. But it is a far cry from impossible.

[/ rant switch turned off]

It's not so much the taste in available "custom looks" (although truth be known some classier looks would help tremendously ... without looking like misfit "scar face" representatives ).

(snip)

Er...as kindly as I can say it, this has nothing to do with the comment I made so I am not sure why I was quoted.

Lana, Koth and Senya all had custom body types and facial sculpts in KOTFE (although Lana had a BT2 in SoR, she had a custom face there too). Unfortunately, when they were adjusted to be dressable, their faces were changed and are a bit out of proportion. Lana in particular doesn't look like herself anymore - wrong makeup colors, large eyes sunken into her face and changed facial shape, as well as a head that's too big: https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

Koth also now resembles a bobblehead and has a different face: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/koth-vortena-2/

There are no other companions who have had their facial sculpts and hair drastically changed just to be able to put clothes on them.

In the context of the comment I made, they have seemed to stop making an effort to make the other companions with unique body types (Arcann, Paxton Rall, etc.) dressable, and my hypothesis is that it's because the KOTFE three were so screwed up. But they also seem to be finding ways to help players tweak their companions' appearances without destroying them, with the two examples of Nadia Grell's hair after Ossus (you can buy a customization to put it back to the original vanilla style if you want) and Theron's hair after Nathema (where players who kept him were given his new haircut as an optional customization), and the outfits purchasable from the LS/DS vendors for Arcann which are baked on and do not change his facial sculpt.

Er...as kindly as I can say it, this has nothing to do with the comment I made so I am not sure why I was quoted.

Lana, Koth and Senya all had custom body types and facial sculpts in KOTFE (although Lana had a BT2 in SoR, she had a custom face there too). Unfortunately, when they were adjusted to be dressable, their faces were changed and are a bit out of proportion. Lana in particular doesn't look like herself anymore - wrong makeup colors, large eyes sunken into her face and changed facial shape, as well as a head that's too big: https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

Koth also now resembles a bobblehead and has a different face: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/koth-vortena-2/

There are no other companions who have had their facial sculpts and hair drastically changed just to be able to put clothes on them.

In the context of the comment I made, they have seemed to stop making an effort to make the other companions with unique body types (Arcann, Paxton Rall, etc.) dressable, and my hypothesis is that it's because the KOTFE three were so screwed up. But they also seem to be finding ways to help players tweak their companions' appearances without destroying them, with the two examples of Nadia Grell's hair after Ossus (you can buy a customization to put it back to the original vanilla style if you want) and Theron's hair after Nathema (where players who kept him were given his new haircut as an optional customization), and the outfits purchasable from the LS/DS vendors for Arcann which are baked on and do not change his facial sculpt.

AH ... My apologies

BTW.. You are correct and accurate in your assessment. For whatever it's worth I apologize if my comments in that regard were offensive to you. That certainly was not my intent! That's on me ... My bad !

On the other hand my comments were directed at some of the "alternate" customization designs which sort of left a bit to be desired in many cases. Adding a bizarre hair do and some scars on the side of a face really is not always the best option. Hair styles on male and females alike (for example) are very limited and not always complimentary to the rest of the character. I realize that B/W can't have a full scale custom design available .. but a bit more flexibility would be helpful.

Also: I still stand by my other comments. This thread seemed to be a good place to review several overall concerns that have been repeatedly brought up regarding companions in general.

In short: Companions need work !

PvP needs work and from what we have heard from the dev. team there are changes coming ( hopefully in a good way)

PvE needs work ... and 6.0 should be providing that as well.

Companions: Like it or not this area has a large impact on the game and those who are playing it. IMO it WAS a good thing. One of the better presentations of companions on the MMO market .. ( well ... it WAS) . Now is a good time for a representative to step forward and at the very least give some positive information regarding the bug fixes, future development and expansion of companions.

Edited by OlBuzzard

AH

On the other hand some of the "alternate" customization designs sort of left a bit to be desired in many cases. Adding a bizarre hair do and some scars on the side of a face really is not always the best option. Hair styles on male and females alike (for example) are very limited and not always complimentary to the rest of the character. I realize that B/W can't have a full scale custom design available .. but a bit more flexibility would be helpful.

Also: I still stand by my other comments. This thread seemed to be a good place to review several overall concerns that have been repeatedly brought up regarding companions in general.

All the things you have mentioned have pretty much been discussed ad nauseaum, even by some of us in this thread including myself, so at this point you are preaching to the choir, so to speak.

The alternate customizations for the original companions weren't always the best, but at least they were voluntary and one didn't have to choose between keeping their original face or dressing them. It's my hope that for 6.0 they can figure this one out better and make dressable versions of the KOTFE Three that don't look like ghouls, and find ways to allow people to dress companions like Arcann and Paxton without damaging their faces or unique body types.

All the things you have mentioned have pretty much been discussed ad nauseaum, even by some of us in this thread including myself, so at this point you are preaching to the choir, so to speak.

[/snip]

aaahmmmm [/clears throat to sing with everyone else]

ya might want to stop up your ears... I sing base !... Basically flat !

:D

Yes... the choir is ready ... but we are lacking one VERY important member to join in. And I'm hoping for the best.

;););)

You're cool bud !

[/two thumbs up]

Hang in there !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Lana, Senya and Koth had separate design issues from other companions. (And I do like the new faces better for all three. You really need to accept that different people have different tastes.) Of the remaining companions, only Leyta, K’korohl and Choza Raabat have unique body types. (Trust me, companion Arcann is a standard body type 2. You can place him as a deco and overlap a body type 2 with him.) Niko, Arcann, Paxton, the new Rodian and half of the Star Forge companions don't have those issues, yet they still don't have gear slots . Cybernetics shouldn't be an issue since companions like Guss can wear gear, but with problematic bits removed.

Making one new custom for one vanilla companion is hardly a sign of Bioware moving back in the right direction. (I doubt they would have given Theron his hair back if Lunafox hadn't kicked up a **** storm over it.) I'm pretty sure those are cheap and easy to do. Vanilla companions have half a dozen or more customizations each. The first Rakghoul Plague introduced a bunch. The first Night Life event brought more. Cartel packs had them too. They had even been making them for the early Cartel Market companions. It's crazy that they haven't produced any new customizations for years.

Lana, Senya and Koth had separate design issues from other companions. (And I do like the new faces better for all three. You really need to accept that different people have different tastes.) .

Hmmm...and yet you go on to mention that Theron's hair was changed when another poster kicked up a fuss because some found it terrible. Maybe some people liked Theron's mohawk more. Other posters have mentioned that they were upset that Quinn did not return on Iokath with the customizations they had chosen for him. Point being that we all have ways we prefer companions to look and it's normal to be upset when Bioware makes changes that one feels destroy the entire character.

Even if one personally prefers the vampire meth addict faces, perhaps one could show some empathy and understand that Lana and the others were changed in ways that many of her fans found absolutely disgusting. The same way some of you found Theron's mohawk disgusting.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Hmmm...and yet you go on to mention that Theron's hair was changed when another poster kicked up a fuss because some found it terrible. Maybe some people liked Theron's mohawk more. Other posters have mentioned that they were upset that Quinn did not return on Iokath with the customizations they had chosen for him. Point being that we all have ways we prefer companions to look and it's normal to be upset when Bioware utterly destroys them.

Even if one personally prefers the vampire meth addict faces, perhaps one could show some empathy and understand that Lana and the others were changed in ways that many of her fans found absolutely disgusting. The same way some of you found Theron's mohawk disgusting.

ummmm ... [/waves white flag]

peace out dude !

But I kind of like Lana the way she is ... OK ... well maybe I'd like her better with long black hair . She's not too thin ! Not too ...ummm ... large ! If memory serves correct she is basically a standard female body type 2

Customization kits that use to be available allowed for facial designs and hair styles too.

I don't use the stock design for Kira ... for example.

At any rate: There is something to be said about a degree of individuality and being able to really customize.. Or at least have more than just one option. Which is the point that several of us have been trying to make. This has not been done in years.

Companions are in need of attention.

ummmm ... [/waves white flag]

peace out dude !

But I kind of like Lana the way she is ... OK ... well maybe I'd like her better with long black hair . She's not too thin ! Not too ...ummm ... large ! If memory serves correct she is basically a standard female body type 2

Customization kits that use to be available allowed for facial designs and hair styles too.

I don't use the stock design for Kira ... for example.

At any rate: There is something to be said about a degree of individuality and being able to really customize.. Or at least have more than just one option. Which is the point that several of us have been trying to make. This has not been done in years.

Companions are in need of attention.

One: I am not a dude. Two: Lana's makeover made her a Barbie and it is pretty troublesome that they felt the need to do that. Nothing wrong with giving her short hair.

Three: point being with other companions you can choose to customize them or not, and you can still dress them. With Lana unless you want her to look like a 15 year old disgusting vampire, you have to keep her in that grey sack forever.

I respect that people like that customization, even though I find it one of the most patently offensive and disgusting things Bioware has ever done in this game. But I don't have to like it, and I don't have to like it that Lana doesn't have a dressable model that looks like her. If people are allowed to have histrionics over characters with mohawks, I'm allowed to be salty about this.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

One: I am not a dude. Two: Lana's makeover made her a Barbie and it is pretty troublesome that they felt the need to do that. Nothing wrong with giving her short hair.

Three: point being with other companions you can choose to customize them or not, and you can still dress them. With Lana unless you want her to look like a 15 year old disgusting vampire, you have to keep her in that grey sack forever.

I respect that people like that customization, even though I find it one of the most patently offensive and disgusting things Bioware has ever done in this game. But I don't have to like it, and I don't have to like it that Lana doesn't have a dressable model that looks like her. If people are allowed to have histrionics over characters with mohawks, I'm allowed to be salty about this.

1. Dude is often used as a gender neutral term ... Sorry no offense intended then or now.

2. I personally fail to see the "Barbie look" as she is still a standard female body type 2.

3. The wire frame (aka polygon frame) is still the same regarding the head. Only the hair was changed. The remaining features in her hair are "painted in" and perhaps hard light areas changed a tad. IMO... the flesh tones might be adjusted a bit.. That would change things a little.

As for the rest... it's all a matter of opinion. With the possible mohawk on Theron. That "do" went from one extreme to another .... and is an optional customization kit (if memory serves me correct). Which brings me back to my original point regarding companions in general. Having more options available (in this case facial features) the way it use to be... is a good thing.

Back on topic: Many fear that as many of the good things we use to enjoy about companions will be swept aside ... including those that are missing.. including Scourge.

1. Dude is often used as a gender neutral term ... Sorry no offense intended then or now.

2. I personally fail to see the "Barbie look" as she is still a standard female body type 2.

3. The wire frame (aka polygon frame) is still the same regarding the head. Only the hair was changed. The remaining features in her hair are "painted in" and perhaps hard light areas changed a tad. IMO... the flesh tones might be adjusted a bit.. That would change things a little.

As for the rest... it's all a matter of opinion. With the possible mohawk on Theron. That "do" went from one extreme to another .... and is an optional customization kit (if memory serves me correct). Which brings me back to my original point regarding companions in general. Having more options available (in this case facial features) the way it use to be... is a good thing.

Back on topic: Many fear that as many of the good things we use to enjoy about companions will be swept aside ... including those that are missing.. including Scourge.

They made her hair longer, made her eyes larger, changed her nose, and made her look younger. That to me is making her more like a Barbie, and IMHO she looks exceptionally awful that way.

To get back on topic, I do agree with you all hat I hope they will find a way to give gear slots to the companions that don't have them, but I hope it will be done without drastically changing their faces, hair and body types. And I do hope that they will eventually make the original KOTFEs dressable as they are. If Arcann's really just BT2 it's strange they haven't already. I was under the impression he was another unique body type, and that his cybernetic arm and mask made it more difficult.

Having more customizations would also be nice, both for the newer and older companions, so long as they are always voluntary and one has the ability to retain their original appearance.

With Nautolans coming in as a playable race they'll at least have to give gear slots to Veeroa Denz, I would suspect. But maybe not. Twileks are playable and they still don't have the slots for Paxton. But he's another one I was under the impression was a special body type, since he doesn't seem to be as tall as a BT3, he's not as large as a BT4 and he's certainly more built than a BT2.

https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

Yes, her face is proportionally completely same (which means no, her eyes are not bigger), BUT the texture is very over-saturated making her eyes pop out in an uncanny way. This creates an illusion that could make people think her eyes were larger, when they aren't but are just popping out more due to poor coloring job. Her colors are just all kinds of wrong in the customizable version.

I really don't like her new hairstyle in the customizable version, and I'm trying to think why they would have changed it. One possibility that is the most probable one, is that her hair is attached to the head mesh, and it couldn't be sliced andmade into a new mesh to permit hair removal on some armor pieces (like hats and hoods). I don't know why they would attach her skalp and hair on the same mesh, (maybe to save polys) but it would explain why we dont see that hairstyle anywhere else.

Tau and Valorion are two very obvious examples of characters that have their head and hair on one and the same mesh, so they definitely have been doing models with singular head+hair meshes.

https://abload.de/img/lanamakeovervqbcu.png

Yes, her face is proportionally completely same (which means no, her eyes are not bigger), BUT the texture is very over-saturated making her eyes pop out in an uncanny way. This creates an illusion that could make people think her eyes were larger, when they aren't but are just popping out more due to poor coloring job. Her colors are just all kinds of wrong in the customizable version.

I really don't like her new hairstyle in the customizable version, and I'm trying to think why they would have changed it. One possibility that is the most probable one, is that her hair is attached to the head mesh, and it couldn't be sliced andmade into a new mesh to permit hair removal on some armor pieces (like hats and hoods). I don't know why they would attach her skalp and hair on the same mesh, (maybe to save polys) but it would explain why we dont see that hairstyle anywhere else.

Tau and Valorion are two very obvious examples of characters that have their head and hair on one and the same mesh, so they definitely have been doing models with singular head+hair meshes.

Regarding Lana:

1. Although your assessment is not something I agree with on every point... You at least understand the the size / proportions were not changed. And yes... the rest of her facial features were probably changed. Those changes were done with 3-D artistic rendering : colors ( skin tones ) and possibly a part of it from "lighting" affects / shadowing ??? I think you have the right idea. And yes... some of it does look a little pale. Her over all facial "make-up" could stand some touch up. At least this time the mouth was done correctly. If I recall correctly there was an issue with Lana's mouth at one point.

2. Hair styles: There are some good and some not so good reviews on this. Soooo.. perhaps to a degree this is a matter of opinion. To that end IMO ... there are not enough variations available for either Lana or other companions (male or female). I would love to see more hair styles available ... especially for female companions. Changes and options in this area are GOOD !

I think they recently adjusted Lana's colours to be closer to her custom look's

This is from the Hearts and minds bit of story, and she doesn't look as pale and her makeup as orange as they used to, which looks much better IMO. (sorry, quality is not that great but this is taken from a vid, and i'm playing with quite low settings).

Though more hairstyle choices without changing their faces (like Theron and Nadia) for all companions with regular body types could be nice, and more custom for those with a pretty unique BT (like Paxton and Arcann) could be nice too. Or more outfits for Lana, Koth and Senya with their custom appearances.