Ability lag after server restarts

AndrewAlberts

I chose to wait until the Conquest tab issue was fixed before diving back into the Dantooine event, but it seems we have a new problem, or one that is getting worse, as my guildies have reported significant ability lag. I hadn't noticed, but it seems to be worse since the server restarts. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah, i have noticed ability delay in heavy populated places like Ossus. At first i thought it's me, but now i'm sure it's on server side. Darth Malgus.

P.S.: i have asked my guildies, it seems everyone have this brand new bug.

Edited by BlevatToshnit

Yep. Definitely lag in abiliites going off. Channeled abilities seem twice as long and instant abilities aren't going off instantly. So, all around, all abilities seem to be lagging. Tried to do a battle rez on someone also today and it didn't go off right away (at least a second or more delay in that.)

I have a theory as to why this is happening, that damn Conquest XP change they revoked last week and brought back a couple days ago. It caused issues similar to this one when it was first implemented and now it's back, those issues have taken new form. It may be better to just take it away permanently. I don't want that anymore than you do, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Bear in mind, it is just a theory.

I assume the server is clogged by having to calculate conquest XP every time a player receives XP. With lots of players killing lots of adds that might cause a problem. Perhaps they should calculate conquest XP gain only when a character makes a command rank and gets a command crate. That way the server has to work only once in a while instead of all the time. Edited by Asaxor

If the issue stems from the calculations taking place following every kill then perhaps the easiest thing to do (maybe not easiest, I'm not sure what it would take for them to do this) would be to turn off CP gains from kills and slightly increase the multiplier gain for completing a mission. Many fewer calculations with a roughly similar passive CP gain.

It seems that the problem is on instances where there are alot of people on. Because when you try pvp instance where there is usually not that many people it Works fine but it is still bothersome. Same problem on Darth Malgus server with ability delay makes the experience really annoying. Edited by Akumestu

I haven't found a SINGLE dev post regarding this issue. Now that it's into the 2nd day of unplayable lag I wonder if they even care? Double XP is a waste if the game isn't playable. Fingers crossed they fix it this week.... or by next patch... or eventually....

Say you'll unsub if this isn't dealt with. That usually spurs them into action.

They dont make most of their money from subs, they make it from the Cartel Market. And bump on this thread, the lag on abilities is pathetic and the fact BW will hotfix crashing when entering a menu but won't hotfix something that effects everybody doing anything is unreal.

Yep the lag seems to still be there. Even switching instances is only a temporary fix. And I agree the whole conquest calculation thing is to blame as think something similar happened on Dantooine. Though they removed then and things were okay and back to normal. But guess its back.

So they should fix it or just remove it entirely from the game.

• 1 year later...

I'm experiencing a similar problem after today's maintenance. Most of my skills are taking longer than the GCD to activate.

It was so bad that sometimes I'd cast multiple skills in a row...only for them to land all at once several seconds later and kill an NPC instantly.