Thanks for M4-Y8. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own.

GyakaFAF

I simply cannot wait to get this year's may the 4th gift.

It is an astromech droid. Can you beleive it? It is so EXCITING. I haven't felt this kind of excitement since opening grandma's gifts*.

I mean really, this year the developers trully put some effort into celebrating Star Wars Day. They do not give us some cheap recolored item, not some junk that ends up like spam in a mailbox, no,

it is M4-Y8 A-S-T-R-O-M-E-C-H!

Can a Star Wars fan ask for more? I don't think so!

Best Year for SWTOR 2019!

*Gloves every year.

It’s got a triangle lightbulb this time too! How creative!

EA Jack and Bio Jill worked overnight, even against the black magic of the original game creators to implement that lightbulb.

I mean, it's almost like a tradition or something.

Yes! It is the best tradition ever. Who wants double XP, when you can get your very own astromech? Who needs new content when you can buy items like Major Anri's flowers in hair or Tau Idair's old man shaped 'lightsaber hilt'?

WITH 50% OFF!

Anyways, happy Star Wars Day everyone!

And just to be fair: i'm not dissatisfied with the ongoing game changes, I actually resubbed after leaving the game for 2 years. But seeing this may 4th event reminded me some... 'good old times'.

...is my sarcasm detector faulty?

Well, at least it detects something ;)

There are so many pet designs they could reskin....who are you people that keep begging for a dozen more astromechs? Show yourselves!!

You have to learn to love these fantastic astromechs. For me, it was a hard lesson.

First droid: "cool, I get a nice astromech droid."

Second: "eh, droid again?"

Third: "I don't want more astromech droids"

Fourth: <sandpeople sounds>

Fifth: "There has to be a hidden meaning behind all this..."

Sixth: M4-Y8 love thread

The thread title made me giggle, I give you that.

The sarcasm about a free goodie feels unwarranted to me though. It's oibviously a tradition that they make an astromech pet for 4th May, as already pointed out. I think that's totally fine and I actually appreciate it. Better than nothing for sure.

You have to learn to love these fantastic astromechs. For me, it was a hard lesson.

First droid: "cool, I get a nice astromech droid."

Me too! :cool:

Second: "eh, droid again?"

I was a little more enthusiastic. :)

Third: "I don't want more astromech droids"

Why not? :eek:

Fourth: <sandpeople sounds>

<Imitates a krayt dragon roar> :p

Fifth: "There has to be a hidden meaning behind all this..."

Indeed. M4=May Fourth. Y7=year seven, :D

Sixth: M4-Y8 love thread

Right? They are getting better at how these look, LOL. :):cool::D

Edited by Jozandra
correcting quotes

The thread title made me giggle, I give you that.

The sarcasm about a free goodie feels unwarranted to me though. It's oibviously a tradition that they make an astromech pet for 4th May, as already pointed out. I think that's totally fine and I actually appreciate it. Better than nothing for sure.

Yeah, I felt bad about this post after I made it. Like when I forced Vette to watch...

Then I thought, well, if they surprise us by not surprising us, they MAY deserve some appreciation.

Fortunately M4-Y8 is a good man. Or droid.