"No" means "No"

Kaldron_Fell

Alright, so I'm trying to put some small challenge into my class quest /heroics play-through and I've opted to play without main hand weapon (no big deal as an operative, just no self-heals and stuff) and without companion. I'm doing pretty well, there's just one thing that bothers me to no end:

My stupid companion that I've dismissed keeps coming back.

What's worse: even disabling it with CTRL-2 doesn't always stick.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, please fix this :(

I really enjoy concealment operative without a weapon, but I've never tried without a companion too... that just sounds masochistic come later levels...

The difficulty without a companion is close to what it used to be before the companion revamp that came with KotFE (I think), so not at all problematic. There may be some heroic missions that are harder than before, but normal class and planetary quest lines are still way too easy :p

Dismiss them and send them out on a level 10 crafting/gathering mission.

Remember, only cartel bugs get fixed in short time. Just awhile back the new items weren't showing in the recent category. That got fixed in days.

Maybe tell Musco this is Cartel related.

You could set a companion to passive... so they stay but don't fight, defend or heal.

That is a fair workaround. I have had the same issue/bug but in a slightly more distracting way. I sent the default active follower on a crewskill mission, then summoned another follower. Every time I went to a loading screen, the follower I had active would be dismissed, and the default was attempted to be re-summoned, but of course couldn't be since he was off on a crewskill mission. Then to re-summon I would actually have to summon the new one twice for him to show up. A related bug was in the ossus planet it said I had "no followers" so I couldn't run any crewskills from the planet, they probably didn't want people summoning in their old companions on the missions or something, but it was a bit "inconvenient" to not be able to run missions from the planet.

You could set a companion to passive... so they stay but don't fight, defend or heal.

As I wrote:

What's worse: even disabling it with CTRL-2 doesn't always stick.

I'm not sure why that is. Disabling them for a short while works flawlessly, but there are situations where the companion object seems to lose that flag and become active again. You can't even take away their stuff to make them ineffective anymore, because their gear doesn't matter anymore (which isn't in and of itself bad).

IF setting them to passive would work reliably, I wouldn't even complain but even though it "breaks" less than the dismiss button, it still does :(