This is for you who are in denial saying this is not launch

Annobal

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game. We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game. Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be With You!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

Official Launch is the 20th. This is the unofficial early game access launch.

This isn't launch.

Plus 1.

LAUNCH would mean EVERYONE was allowed in.

This is EGA. DUH!

One, two, one, two, three, four

(whistle)

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you

I'm still alright to smile

SWTOR, I think bout you every day now

Was a time when I wasn't sure

But you set my mind at ease

There is no doubt you're in my heart now

Said SWTOR take it slow, and it'll work itself out fine

All we need is just a little patience

Said SWTOR take it slow and we'll come together fine

All we need is just a little patience

(patience)

Mmmm, yeah

I sit here in my chair

'Cause I'd rather be alone

If I can't have you right now I'll wait dear

Sometimes I get so tense but I can't speed up the time

But you know love there's one more thing to consider

Said SWTOR take it slow and it'll work itself out fine

You and I'll just use a little patience

Said SWTOR take the time cause the lights are shining bright

You and I've got what it takes to make it

We won't fake it, I'll never break it

'Cause I can't take it

(whistle)

Little patience, mmm yeah, mm yeah

Need a little patience, yeah

Just a little patience, yeah

Some more patience, yeah

Could use some patience, yeah

Gotta have some patience, yeah

All it takes is patience

Just a little patience

Is all you need (background vocals)

I've been watching the forums at night

Just trying to get it right

Its hard to see with so many around

You know I don't like being stuck in the crowd

And the whiners don't change

But maybe the names

I ain't got time for the game cause I need you

Yeah, yeah, yeah, 'cause I need you

Ooo I need you, whoa I need you

Ooooh, all this time

(ah)

Tell you what, I'll call this launch and go all around the forums signing your praises from now until the end of time if you can get me or direct me to where I can pick up A. my retail product key B. a physical copy of the game I can get tonight.

What do you mean I can't get those things, this is launch and not EGA, right?

I don't care if its not launch or not. It does not justify the insane level of impatience and feeling of entitlement on this forum.

People need to learn the old rule. Good things come to those who wait.

Do what I do. Sit back and laugh at their antics. While they get angrier and angrier the vein in their temple gets bigger and bigger then POP! they give themselves an aneurysm. :p

LOL, everyone but the fanboys sees all of these decisions for what they are.

I will say Bioware is brilliant though. As long as the servers themselves function, they have their bootlickers to do all of their dirty work attacking/insulting/belittling and generally trying to discredit anyone who is unhappy with the way things are being handled.

An absolutely brilliant bit of plausible deniability. The funny thing is the fanboys don't even know they are doing exactly what Bioware wants.

Do what I do. Sit back and laugh at their antics. While they get angrier and angrier the vein in their temple gets bigger and bigger then POP! they give themselves an aneurysm. :p

I'm worried. If this is the sort of person we have playing this game, its going to feel VERY antisocial.

LOL, everyone but the fanboys sees all of these decisions for what they are.

I will say Bioware is brilliant though. As long as the servers themselves function, they have their bootlickers to do all of their dirty work attacking/insulting/belittling and generally trying to discredit anyone who is unhappy with the way things are being handled.

An absolutely brilliant bit of plausible deniability. The funny thing is the fanboys don't even know they are doing exactly what Bioware wants.

I agree, Biodrones are the worst kind of fanboys I've ever encountered. They are rampant at these forums.

So Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

are lying that this is not launched?

No theye aren't lying. perhaps they need to rephrase from launch to soft launch or EGA, maybe they thought people would be smart enough to know that Dec 20th has been the launch date for months now, or maybe they just didn't think people would get this riled up about not getting in on day 1 and would use that phrase to key in on.

This is no Jedi mind trick. The most heavily anticipated MMO to date will launch on 12.20.2011.-from the offical email launch date announcement

EA, BIOWARE AND LUCASARTS TO LAUNCH STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC ON DECEMBER 20, 2011-from this very website

Dec. 20 Launch for 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' 12/13/2011 2:29:22 PM

'Star Wars: The Old Republic' will be Electronic Arts's biggest launch of the year on December 20, and investors are wondering how to judge the company's move into the online-player markets, Dan Gallagher reports on digits.-from the Wall Street Journal

What do all those have in common? All the info or quotes are attributed to official BW sites or employees.

Edited by Temeluchus