Huttball, quesh, vandin, odessen, huttball, quesh, civil war, odessen, vandin

RACATW

"If they were going to make another map, it should have been a map type from one of those last 3. NOT another HB. Seriously, some dev must have a serious hard-on for HB"

I returned to swtor after 5 years break because I was missing HB soo much... :D So yeh, supposed to be best map when bugs fixed.

HB is just unique, i saw many games during that years ...every map of swtor had more-less similar. However HB is still unique. And new one - Odessen. Gona like it as well - because unique.

But Quesh has been around for 4+ years and is still broken and only getting worse with time.

They are never going to fix them because they can’t

Wow, the death match idiots are out enforce today.

Now we are being told at the start of matches to leave if we don’t want to death match because playing objectives is for wannabe pvpers who can’t dps.

Seriously, this pvp game is going to ****. Makes me not want to play anymore or take a break till 6.0 or beyond.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What you will probably find is it will be closer to a 50/50 split.

Oh, you would be surprised to see the standard deviation if you made a hundred people make a hundred toss each.

Hutt Ball type maps have the most technical bugs and problems of all the other maps combined. The desync is terrible because the system can’t adjust to the x/y/z coordinates properly. It also has trouble with gap closing abilities or speed abilities. There is also many bugs in the maps, ie Jugg leap in Quesh Ball. You have traps that don’t add damage or affects to certain classes. And lastly you have excessive lag compared to other maps. Which makes passing awkward.

Couldn't agree more.

If Hutt Ball didn’t have those problems, then it would be playable and more enjoyable. But while ever those problem are in those maps, then they shouldn’t pop at the same rate as the other maps. They should be counted as one map type.

Could not disagree more. If you have a problem, you fix it, not try to ignore or oppress it. If a company does not bother to invest into testing/fixing issues for a long time, customers have the chance to display their disapproval by spending their money elsewhere.

Adding Vandin was a massive mistake. Now we have 3 out of the 9 maps with massive problems and they can be game breaking. No one wants to play maps that don’t work.

False conclusion. The problem was not adding Vandin. Any content that has potential is worthy. The problem was they would not fix general HB issues beforehand.

They should have maybe made another map type like Void Star or Hypergates or Odessen (which would have been a bad one) to start to balance out the map types.

Agreed. But I am still against your suggestions. Any problem needs to be fixed fundatmentally, not on the surface.

Edited by varietasplus

Now we are being told at the start of matches to leave if we don’t want to death match because playing objectives is for wannabe pvpers who can’t dps.

Winning is for losers!

I remember in a VS once someone put in chat, "not my job to watch the doors, because I can do good dps numbers."

It make sense though, right? I mean, I remember an similar attitude from Michael Jordan back in the day. I'm sure there's a quote from him somewhere "I don't have to play defense, I can shoot baskets. Defense falls on those other 4 guys." Right? :rolleyes:

Just joined to alderan CW .. I joined as 5th :D. They had 3 nodes

So I went to less populated, guarded by sin. 1st time - maze 8s, then maze 8s again + my breaker. While I was casting 3 times popped immune :D and finally sin unstealthed when i took node.

Damn, that guy had no idea about resolve system. And what wonders me - my team still managed to lose ....

Incredible.

I think this happens because ppl insta level to 70 and have no idea what and how to do on WZ....

They must separate queue by pvp rating, for example less then 50 in separated sandbox.

Edited by alexzk

Just joined to alderan CW .. I joined as 5th :D. They had 3 nodes

So I went to less populated, guarded by sin. 1st time - maze 8s, then maze 8s again + my breaker. While I was casting 3 times popped immune :D and finally sin unstealthed when i took node.

Damn, that guy had no idea about resolve system. And what wonders me - my team still managed to lose ....

Incredible.

I think this happens because ppl insta level to 70 and have no idea what and how to do on WZ....

They must separate queue by pvp rating, for example less then 50 in separated sandbox.

Watched this one Sin in multiple matches today, that didn’t use stealth. I’m not even sure he knew he was on a stealth class or that it was an ability.

Me and this Mara were guarding Grass in CW (me on my Sin). We watched this enemy sin run from the respawn completely out of stealth and attack the Mara. I came up behind and we ripped him a “new” one. He went on to do stupid stuff like this in most matches I saw him.

At one point in NC I saw him guarding east out of stealth. So I ran over there and killed him and took the node, why on earth wouldn’t you use your stealth while guarding a node?

Winning is for losers!

I remember in a VS once someone put in chat, "not my job to watch the doors, because I can do good dps numbers."

It make sense though, right? I mean, I remember an similar attitude from Michael Jordan back in the day. I'm sure there's a quote from him somewhere "I don't have to play defense, I can shoot baskets. Defense falls on those other 4 guys." Right? :rolleyes:

I was on a team with those pwn guild guys and I asked if we were going to try and win (because normally they don’t win).

They said to me, “it depends on what you define as winning” :rolleyes:

I replied by saying, “winning the match?”

They said “who cares. The person with the highest dps is the winner”

This is why I normally leave every match when someone from that guild is on my team. It’s even worse if they are a premade like these guys. You know it’s an instance loss before the match even starts.

I was on a team with those pwn guild guys and I asked if we were going to try and win (because normally they don’t win).

They said to me, “it depends on what you define as winning” :rolleyes:

I replied by saying, “winning the match?”

They said “who cares. The person with the highest dps is the winner”

This is why I normally leave every match when someone from that guild is on my team. It’s even worse if they are a premade like these guys. You know it’s an instance loss before the match even starts.

Wow, I know exactly which guild you are talking about. I also sometimes leave before a match starts if I see an overabundance of them (i.e. 2 or more :D ). But I'm sure they could not care less.

I wonder if their healer ever wins? :p

Agreed. But I am still against your suggestions. Any problem needs to be fixed fundatmentally, not on the surface.

When a company detects that the vast majority of its customers dislike a product, does it make good business sense to continue releasing the same type of product over and over in the hope that maybe "this time will be different"?

When a company detects that the vast majority of its customers dislike a product, does it make good business sense to continue releasing the same type of product over and over in the hope that maybe "this time will be different"?

What? Wait, when did this thread's topic change to "gear grind"? :p

..and another CW ... we were holding 1 turret and were losing. So i started to make orders in chat + mazing enemies on spawn. In result - we won with 50 points left.

So instead quitting somebody could took command and win.

P.S. And pro tip for tanky classes as dps:

1. Put aoe taunt next button of your spam skill (for example, as shadow I have ` bound to taunt and 1 to aoe) and press it by 2 fingers. It has no GCD, u get extra dmg reduction, and 800k protection at the end.

2. And you still cann guard healers .... if u're too much away from em healers still get 25% reduction and don't kill you.

Edited by alexzk

2. And you still cann guard healers .... if u're too much away from em healers still get 25% reduction and don't kill you.

Guard out of range gives 5% damage reduction, it's 25% less threat (great for pve, useless in pvp).

Also: your guard will prevent another tank from throwing an active guard on the player.

Use guard sparingly if you will be going out of range. A tank should be actively using guard on whatever nearby ally is being focused. A good tank doesn't fear death, your job is to keep your teamates alive.

(why are you out of range of the healer in the first place?).

..and another CW ... we were holding 1 turret and were losing. So i started to make orders in chat + mazing enemies on spawn. In result - we won with 50 points left.

So instead quitting somebody could took command and win.

P.S. And pro tip for tanky classes as dps:

1. Put aoe taunt next button of your spam skill (for example, as shadow I have ` bound to taunt and 1 to aoe) and press it by 2 fingers. It has no GCD, u get extra dmg reduction, and 800k protection at the end.

Damage reduction doesnt apply to you from a taunt, I dont even think taunts grant damage reduction, they just reduce the damage of players attacking by that amount.

800K protection from just taunts doesnt really happen. Unless youre perfectly taunting an extraordinarily good dps, the vast majority of it comes from your guard.

200k from throwing in taunts constantly is more expected, maybe 400k on a good day.

Edited by RACATW

Damage reduction doesnt apply to you from a taunt, I dont even think taunts grant damage reduction, they just reduce the damage of players attacking by that amount.

800K protection from just taunts doesnt really happen. Unless youre perfectly taunting an extraordinarily good dps, the vast majority of it comes from your guard.

200k from throwing in taunts constantly is more expected, maybe 400k on a good day.

Damn..why everybody try to make me liar? :D

1. For shadows - "Mind and Body", 2nd line in serenity. Read if u have shadow, other classes have similars.

2. 800k if healer heals good and many smashers in enemy team, like VS door - easy 800k protection

Damn..why everybody try to make me liar? :D

1. For shadows - "Mind and Body", 2nd line in serenity. Read if u have shadow, other classes have similars.

2. 800k if healer heals good and many smashers in enemy team, like VS door - easy 800k protection

1. Afaik, only serenity (1 spec) gives damage reduction

2. Normally I get 2m + prot when I bother to guard + taunt, but its rare to have a healer on your team and a very large portion of prot numbers come from the guard.

1. Afaik, only serenity (1 spec) gives damage reduction

2. Normally I get 2m + prot when I bother to guard + taunt, but its rare to have a healer on your team and a very large portion of prot numbers come from the guard.

Whatever, key point was "2 buttons + 2 fingers" and "no gcd".

I Kid you not !

Vandin, VS (still has instant death bug), HB, QB, Vandin (leave), Arena (back fill 3rd round but I’m dead in the respawn), Vandin, QB, CW, HB, QB, Yavin, QB (leave), HB, Vandin, Vandin, QB, stopped queueing...

OMG I just don’t know what I can say that won’t get me squelched from the forums.... SOOOOOO angry... especially because no one tries to win HB anymore :(

This game has gone to ****. HB pops more than any other map and today it’s 10x worse than normal. People don’t try to win objective pvp anymore and if you try to play it they rage at you or troll you for being a try hard pvper.

Maybe this only happens at the times I can play (so out if prime times) and maybe it’s only on SF. I’m just about done till 6.0. Even then I may not bother because I’ll probably be hooked on another game by September.

Makes me sad that this once fun game is so fundamentally broken on so many levels. From bugs, to bad content, to bad quality, to lack of content, to the community dragging down the game from with in.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I Kid you not !

Vandin, VS (still has instant death bug), HB, QB, Vandin (leave), Arena (back fill 3rd round but I’m dead in the respawn), Vandin, QB, CW, HB, QB, Yavin, QB (leave), HB, Vandin, Vandin, QB, stopped queueing...

OMG I just don’t know what I can say that won’t get me squelched from the forums.... SOOOOOO angry... especially because no one tries to win HB anymore :(

This game has gone to ****. HB pops more than any other map and today it’s 10x worse than normal. People don’t try to win objective pvp anymore and if you try to play it they rage at you or troll you for being a try hard pvper.

Maybe this only happens at the times I can play (so out if prime times) and maybe it’s only on SF. I’m just about done till 6.0. Even then I may not bother because I’ll probably be hooked on another game by September.

Makes me sad that this once fun game is so fundamentally broken on so many levels. From bugs, to bad content, to bad quality, to lack of content, to the community dragging down the game from with in.

It hasn't been that bad for me on SS, but it did make me laugh that there was a premade that kept queueing (healer, tank, 2 dps) but we would win every game matched against them (and lose every one they were on, lol). They had amazing healing out and protection, etc., but couldn't do objectives if their lives depended on it, lol. Once they cleared out the center in Yavin, and I was taking my sniper to guard from the ledge, when I realized ... "No one bothered to actually cap the thing?!!!" Lol. It was sad.

It hasn't been that bad for me on SS, but it did make me laugh that there was a premade that kept queueing (healer, tank, 2 dps) but we would win every game matched against them (and lose every one they were on, lol). They had amazing healing out and protection, etc., but couldn't do objectives if their lives depended on it, lol. Once they cleared out the center in Yavin, and I was taking my sniper to guard from the ledge, when I realized ... "No one bothered to actually cap the thing?!!!" Lol. It was sad.

See, that's the thing, I'll type it in caps for any stray dev. THEY WIN BY MISTAKE. (and normally lose)

The point of death matching and farming is to make themselves lose, so that they can deathmatch and farm more, with the same type of people (who dont mind losing and just want numbers). It's abusing the match making system on purpose since its not based on kills.

The only thing that might fix this type of behavior is making 8v8s ranked.

Edited by RACATW

They wouldn’t happen to be from a guild that started with “pwn........”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I don't get it ..what the point to make nice big numbers after all ? Is it tracked anywhere?

Kills without reason are boring >:

What’s really sad is you can death match and play objectives at the same time. But the noobs don’t understand that and think they need to fight in the middle of no where and not try to win.There is no skill in that. It’s like dummy parsing.

I could do what they do and probably out dps most of them. But I’m busy playing my part as a “team” member and trying to win the game. That means standing at the node while they all fight away from it. I too would like to kill stuff, but I can’t because they don’t bring them to the objective points,

Or cc’ing and delaying people instead of actually killing them. Sometimes not killing them is a better tactic if it helps your team. Ie, don’t kill them in the Void Star tunnel, just stop them getting through long enough to cap the bridge and then you have no opposition between you and the doors.

I spend some of my time dps time keeping people out of combat using delay tactics and stuns/cc’s. But people don’t care that I kept the healer locked up while they smash the dps. They just tell me how **** my dps was.

The icing on the cake is this mentality creeping into matches on SF that if you are an objective player, you are a try hard pvper and should stop queueing because your rubbish? Really? This is the crap I’m experiencing.

What these complete fools don’t realise is it takes more skill to play the objectives and do good numbers. What they do takes no skill. Anyone can farm numbers and if you have a grasp on your class, do fairly well. But not everyone can play objectives and do good numbers.

It seems the lowest skill or brain capacity players have realised they can’t do both. So now they are trash talking people who can, so it deflects from their own inadequacy in skills. They can’t play objective pvp at all and they try to make excuses for it by saying objectives don’t matter and people who play them are try hards. They aren’t good players because a good player can do both.

If they’d been around 4-7 years ago, they would have been laughed out of pvp and told L2P. They would been shown how good players are able to beat them in dps and win at the same time by playing objectives.

Dps score board numbers mean absolutely nothing if you lose every match. If you are losing every match then you are a crap player, especially if you are in a premade. It doesn’t mater if you topped the dps if you lose constantly. It doesn’t make you a good player if you let the guy cap right next to you because you want that solo kill on another player,

What really makes me laugh is when you call them on their bull **** and they challenge you to a 1v1 on a FOTM with 258 augmented gear and you have a weak class in 230 gear.

When you ask them to go to a Rishi strong hold to use that area because it has a Bolster terminal, they refuse or put you on ignore,

Now I don’t even bother because I’ve nothing to prove to these ego maniacs. I don’t need to measure my man hood for inadequacy in real life, because I’ve got no man hood ;) No offence to my male compatriots, but in my experiences, it’s never other females that feel the need to measure ***** or challenge.

• 7 months later...