Should I Stack Power, Crit, or Surge for Scrapper?

AdmiralOnasi

Surge is absolutely amazing for deep Scrapper considering your hardest hitters get a free 30% extra crit bonus from the skill tree. I would definitely build some crit chance as well though... 16% is awesome, and definitely gives you a nice cushion to start with.

However, you want to get enough critical rating that you're seeing yield from your Surge rating a LOT. Like, almost Every Shoot first. It's about finding a good balance.

The numbers I think I will shoot for will be 30% base crit chance on character sheet (Doesn't seem too difficult), then mainly Surge rating after that with a bit of Power in there to cover those unlucky non-crit strings as well as possible. This is assuming Surge isn't given a cap btw. Looking at many talent trees though, if Surge isn't ever capped, it might become a bit ridiculous.

The aggravating thing is that Surge Rating is almost absent on our PvP gear. Accuracy is everywhere, and the pieces that don't have accuracy have the also rather useless (power us) alacrity.

This. I wish Alacrity at least increased tick speed on bleeds or reduced global CD. Currently it does nothing for anything but our heals.