Ops Players Deserve Better

AllisonLightning

And the problem is making gear the same for everything means everyone should be able to get it.

I.e. how would the NiM crowd feel if the only way to get the BiS raid gear was PvP?

And of course the problem if they don't make gear the same for everything, people that have gotten used to only needing one set per class per role will be unhappy.

The devs have locked themselves in a nice closet where they are not going to be able to make anyone happy.

I didn't touch pvp because not a pvp er myself, from the what I read in the forums pvp community wants it skill vs skill not gear, and the gear should be attainable via pvp. And I second that.

What they should make bring the expertise, and make the pvp gear by playing pvp only. And make that gear usable on pvp only. They even can adjust the expertise and gear stats by discipline only lock them for the discipline only so we can have more balance (my two cents)

To each their own. I'm of the opinion that things have gone from bad to worse under Keith and feels "more bad" than ever.

(Once this referral click is used up I might re-sub just to chat on the boards. I'm weak :o )

I agree with you. It has gone worse not better. :)

I didn't touch pvp because not a pvp er myself, from the what I read in the forums pvp community wants it skill vs skill not gear, and the gear should be attainable via pvp. And I second that.

What they should make bring the expertise, and make the pvp gear by playing pvp only. And make that gear usable on pvp only. They even can adjust the expertise and gear stats by discipline only lock them for the discipline only so we can have more balance (my two cents)

There are many debates in the pvp section on this very subject. There has not been a conclusive winner to the argument. Some people want pvp gear with expertise back, some have claimed they would quit over having to build and carry another gear set.

That was also just one example of people who would be potentially unhappy with a change to the one gear for everything system. Despite our thinking they don't need it, solo players have grown accustomed to being able to obtain gear too. Are we going to run them off to appease the NiM crowd?

Besides what, its like Lhance was saying earlier. They can't really afford to chase off any of us poor fools still paying, whatever it is we pay to do.

The point is that at this point they aren't going to be able to make anyone happy.

I don't understand that this grind is our ops players fault? This is purely for the solo players who cries for the BiS gear that THEY DON'T NEED. Pvp players doesn't need BiS gear(pvp exusulcive gear) , casuals doesn't need BiS gear, role players doesn't need BiS gear. And they shouldn't get the BiS gear. You should only get the BiS gear via nightmare. That's it..

Completely missing the point that if the way to get BiS Gear is to complete Nightamre mode content then you DON'T NEED the gear either, because you've ALREADY CLEARED the content.

All The Best

I'm of the opinion that the post-5.0 Keith-era has been better for SWTOR than the 4.0 to 5.0 Ben Irving era.

Well, it would be hard for any era to be as bad as the Ben Irving era.

An era whose highlight was watching thousands of players unsub in Livestream Chat when Ben basically said "yeah, we don't care what you think, we think RNG is exciting". So many unsubbed that EA (that is EA not Bioware) sent out a Customer Satisfaction Survey less than 24 hours later to try and figure out what went wrong.

And, as if by the will of the force, Ben was moved to Anthem.

Bioware/EA really should have learned their lesson there, but they didn't.

All The Best

To each their own. I'm of the opinion that things have gone from bad to worse under Keith and feels "more bad" than ever.

The game is becoming unplayable, literally. I'm glad I finished recording the warrior story considering the "warrior freezing in place with Vette out" bug. Though I'm currently fighting against a tidal wave of bugs elsewheres, not least being that T7 won't follow me around a corner to save my life, the little ****ball.

As far as current content and the quality/quantity of it, erm.. to me, it's like there isn't a current game. I ran through it. It's done. I guess I'm supposed to be grinding something somewhere for some reason? *shrug*

As far as unsubbing, I'm desperate at this point to get the class stories recorded so I can unsub from this dumpster fire. I don't think I've ever felt this pessimistic towards swtor and I have had some truly low moments earlier in the game and during kotfeet.

However, it's not just the endgame community keeping this game alive. They are undoubtedly a big part of it, but just a part. Singling them out only continues the trend of fragmenting our community.

Couldn't agree more. I've said before it's a neat trick that players blame each other for what the devs do.

They can't afford to lose any players but that is what they seem to be doing pitting one group against the other forgetting there are some of us that don't fit in one group as we do a variety of activities but even those people are getting tired of this mess. This week has been double xp and none of my guild has log in to take advantage of it.

As far as unsubbing, I'm desperate at this point to get the class stories recorded so I can unsub from this dumpster fire.

I don't think I've ever felt this pessimistic towards swtor and I have had some truly low moments earlier in the game and during kotfeet.

Couldn't agree more. I've said before it's a neat trick that players blame each other for what the devs do.

I always took breaks, even at my lowest and most irritated with BW, for instance during 4.0 when they gutted the old gearing system after spending years improving it to a point I felt it was perfect. I was able to gear alts, and adjust gears easily on alts and they ruined that entire part of the game for me.

I was angry. I just stepped away though, for 1-2 years let my sub run even though I no longer was playing. Came back and found they had rolled back some of the grind with CXP. I hated it still, but I was willing to compromise and continued playing.

Then they do 5.0. I never felt more disgusting and resentful at BW. I then dropped my sub, something I have never done no matter what. I had just reached my point though. No more passes for them, no more benefit of the doubt.

As for players blaming other groups of players for the awful game designs SWTOR has added to the game, only dumb or immature people actually think it's PVPers fault, or PVE players fault, etc. Obviously the fault is BW for coming up with solutions/game design changes that destroy a lot of the fun factor and enjoyment on the game.

I always took breaks, even at my lowest and most irritated with BW, for instance during 4.0 when they gutted the old gearing system after spending years improving it to a point I felt it was perfect. I was able to gear alts, and adjust gears easily on alts and they ruined that entire part of the game for me.

I was angry. I just stepped away though, for 1-2 years let my sub run even though I no longer was playing. Came back and found they had rolled back some of the grind with CXP. I hated it still, but I was willing to compromise and continued playing.

Then they do 5.0. I never felt more disgusting and resentful at BW. I then dropped my sub, something I have never done no matter what. I had just reached my point though. No more passes for them, no more benefit of the doubt.

As for players blaming other groups of players for the awful game designs SWTOR has added to the game, only dumb or immature people actually think it's PVPers fault, or PVE players fault, etc. Obviously the fault is BW for coming up with solutions/game design changes that destroy a lot of the fun factor and enjoyment on the game.

So for the record, 5.0 was the start of the Command Experience. This was not a thing in 4.0.

Obviously the fault is BW for coming up with solutions/game design changes that destroy a lot of the fun factor and enjoyment on the game.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. Let's break it down even further. I don't think BioWare -- let alone the dev team -- decides how much money EA is going to invest into this game. The different groups/departments of EAWare probably all put their heads together. Then the CFO, or some Finance Director, decides what is to be spent on the game, then BW and the dev come up with how the money is to be spent based on their analytics.

Or, perhaps, the devs bring a few plans -- big and small -- to their corporate overlords, and then they decide which plan fits within their budget. Who knows.

And what role does Disney play? I doubt they give free reign over their IP. In fact, I'm amazed the non-star warsy dumpster fire of a story for KOTFEET was approved by Disney.

My point of all this is that I think the devs only get to decide small things. They have to adhere to the scope and budget.

Circling back to Ben Irving, does anyone else find it curious how a Destiny-esque endgame leveling system (Galactic Command) made it into SWTOR. Then later we find out EA is making its own Destiny-esque game called Anthem.

SWTOR needs more EA loot crates. How come I can't spend real money to buy Galactic Command crates?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Well, I'm not so sure about that. Let's break it down even further. I don't think BioWare -- let alone the dev team -- decides how much money EA is going to invest into this game. The different groups/departments of EAWare probably all put their heads together. Then the CFO, or some Finance Director, decides what is to be spent on the game, then BW and the dev come up with how the money is to be spent based on their analytics.

Or, perhaps, the devs bring a few plans -- big and small -- to their corporate overlords, and then they decide which plan fits within their budget. Who knows.

And what role does Disney play? I doubt they give free reign over their IP. In fact, I'm amazed the non-star warsy dumpster fire of a story for KOTFEET was approved by Disney.

My point of all this is that I think the devs only get to decide small things. They have to adhere to the scope and budget.

Circling back to Ben Irving, does anyone else find it curious how a Destiny-esque endgame leveling system (Galactic Command) made it into SWTOR. Then later we find out EA is making its own Destiny-esque game called Anthem.

SWTOR needs more EA loot crates. How come I can't spend real money to buy Galactic Command crates?

For clarity, we would need Jeff Nyman to share his opinion on this, I don't try to pretend to understand the ins and outs of all the different working parts behind the scenes of BW the studio. However I seriously doubt Disney or EA have had anything to do with management and direction of the game as far as development work goes.

I have experienced enough playing the game to conclude the choices made with "limited resources" have been head scratching at best and downright idiotic and detrimental to the game. In reality I believe the devs to have done a lot of work over the past few years, I just feel that the work they have done has not added or helped the game particularly the gameplay elements of SWTOR.

EA didn't force BW to reconstruct a fairly popular and enjoyable conquest system, EA didn't force BW to redo multiple gear systems, EA also did not control how the stories were constructed in KOTFE OR KOTET, basically all the work done after launch particularly after 5.0 has been destructive to this game and these are choices made by BW on what to use their resources on, limited or not.

BW also chooses to not consider playerbase feedback in their design changes to the game. BW also fails to communicate to and from the playerbase on a consistent basis with real transparency.

If there's any failure on the part of EA it's that they do not seem to watch close enough. Perhaps if EA were micromanaging BW, we'd have better communication between players and the game.

If EA loomed overhead of BW during development choices, perhaps development work would go into other facets instead of redoing many parts of the game that really seemed to not need much work let alone fully replaced.

No one ever said the gearing systems needed redone multiple times, and no one cried that conquest was utterly abysmal in dire need of being totally gutted and replaced. These were fairly heavy workloads I'd think for a supposedly resource starved development team.

I don't blame the devs for the design changes, obviously someone above them probably makes the decisions regarding what way the game goes and what work the resources go into. I do not believe EA or Disney had anything to do with the majority of the problems we have seen pop up over the years on SWTOR.

I blame BW for poor management of communication.

There's no one else to blame for their vague inconsistent communication which rarely amounts to any proactive changes to the game. They only seem to be reactive. At best, the only feedback accepted is long after players have quit and/or there are countless meltdowns on the forums and the internet complaining about particular game issues that BW themselves have created.

Edited by Lhancelot