Why are mounts so damn slow?

Blogmonster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is starwars! Not some hotsy potsy orcs/elves fantasy on dead horseback electrocuting it to temporarily move its behind a few micrometers!

This is starwars where the speeders are so fast you could go back in time to find out why your great grandma cut off the end of the pot roast!!!!

And don't forget the waiting at the dock for 15 minutes to get on said boat that took 15 minutes to get somewhere.

I ship you not I was once playing WoW with a little cousin of mine and said we were off to kill a few laser turkeys but we had to wait for a boat to pick us up! We waited for so long for that damn boat that it was his bed time before it arrived. He still had a blast thinking about one day fighting a laser turkey.

We talked about that laser turkey for hours.

Get to 40 and your mounts go faster than at 25 , get to 50 and they go faster than at 40. Weather they decided to do it because other games do it this way, or because they have another reason is completely arbitrary. It is the way it is and wheeling out the whaaaabulance will not change it.

Get to 40 and your mounts go faster than at 25 , get to 50 and they go faster than at 40. Weather they decided to do it because other games do it this way, or because they have another reason is completely arbitrary. It is the way it is and wheeling out the whaaaabulance will not change it.

The OP underlines that tradition isn't always a good thing and sometimes is misinterpreted entirely. The era of gating content by making travel slow and boring is of an age gone by. The same way BW heralded a new age and standard of questing in MMO's.

Edited by Blogmonster

And don't forget the waiting at the dock for 15 minutes to get on said boat that took 15 minutes to get somewhere.

Can I interest you in those 2 datacron cubes on Tatooine?

You have to wait for a hot air balloon which takes 20 mins from where you get on to destination. However you could wait 20-30 minutes or so just for it to arrive.

Can I interest you in those 2 datacron cubes on Tatooine?

You have to wait for a hot air balloon which takes 20 mins from where you get on to destination. However you could wait 20-30 minutes or so just for it to arrive.

I just don't understand these things in games *shake head*

They're trying to make it like you are REALLY THERE. Immersion!

Hee!

Starwars vehicles go really, REALLY! Really fast. These do not. Why are there non-starwars vehicles in a starwars game? Why? Why, why, why, WHY?!!!?

Edit: Thank you diamondking : )

Edited by Blogmonster

Why does this always happen in MMO's, they make travel so static and boring? Why, why, why, why, why?!?!?

I just don't get it!

I have this story:

My mother cuts off the end of the pot roast, I asked her why she did it. She told me to ask her mother, so I asked my grandma why she did it. She told me to ask her mother. So I invented a time machine to ask my grandmothers mother why she cuts off the end of the damn pot roast.

So I finally got to ask her, why do you cut off the end of the pot roast???? D'you know what she said? Because it didn't fit in the frikkin' pan!

Is bioware sticking to this static speed buff thing because all other MMO's did it? And that it caps off around the 100%+ mark because all previous MMO's did it? Do you even question if it's a good thing?

I'm having such a bad day today argh!

Is it faster than walking/running...yes - Stop your moaning! haha