Just came to say hi!!

JokerThe

I didn't pay for my subscription my brother did cause he's getting into it and wanted me to send him some credits forgot I had almost 100mil. I haven't played in months and before that I would play sporadically for PVP only. Guess I'll give it another go but goddamn that 32bit engine is crippling even on my top of line PC.

Explain crippling.

What's being crippled?

Your frame rate?

Video hitching when loading tons of graphic components for all that armor you see walking around on fleet?

The game's bittage is not affecting your FPS if that is what you are referring to as crippling.

DX9 limitations and how the game engine implements DX9 are what's limiting, as are having the game loaded on an HDD instead of an SDD, and using integrated graphics rather than a modern discrete graphics card to cache all those armor textures on fleet, etc.

Explain crippling.

Edited by xordevoreaux

HDD vs SSD affects load times but not frame rates.

I included SSD/HDD as part of the overall list of what's limiting, not necessarily FPS.

Some people blame framerate issues when it's actually video hitching when textures/geometry load, which is served better with faster load times via an SSD, the on-board gcard cache turned on, and decent on-board gcard memory.

But it would still be nice to know what specifically the OP was referring to as crippling.

I should note that my personal definition of crippling is “I can’t scale the UI to make it readable on my 17” 4K laptop screen” :)

That's annoying, and it's the same thing on a 28" 4K desktop screen. I think the common element is the "4K" part, and it's worth noting that some games (e.g. Secret World Legends) avoid it by refusing to use 4K modes.

It was also amusing(1) to discover that GW2's mouse cursor scaled automatically to accommodate the new screen when I changed from 1080p to 4K, while SWTOR's did not.

(1) If you're amused by that sort of thing, which I mostly am not.

I didn't pay for my subscription my brother did cause he's getting into it and wanted me to send him some credits forgot I had almost 100mil. I haven't played in months and before that I would play sporadically for PVP only. Guess I'll give it another go but gosh darn that 32bit engine is crippling even on my top of line PC.

Hi! Hope to see you in PvP soon.