When are the friggin snowballs going away?!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ugh. I would leave your raid and/or guild the second I saw you do that. Get a grip.

Actually, what guild are you in? AFAF

People know that it isn't allowed during raid for realistic reason. I don't want useless Debuffs on the operations frames. I don't honestly care about snowballs for any other reason. But the debuff does appear on your operations frame, so it's simply not allowed during raids.

Nobody called you "dumb" at all and I wouldn't call you that ever...but I do feel it's a dumb thing to get upset about. Big difference my friend. Of all the things in this game that can tweak someone off, snowballs seems extremely petty to me. I get it - you don't like it - but you know it'll end tomorrow.

People seem to be taking this as if I'm crazy crazy upset about it. I mean it's annoying, but it's not like I can't live with it, I was simply curious when I'd be done with them. But people wanna jump down my throat about it anyways. Just really gets me down how you aren't allowed to have questions these days without it devolving into an attack.

And yeah, I know it's ending now, I was pleased to hear it and considered that the end of the discussion really, not my fault people kept replying to me about it to say I shouldn't feel how I feel, or even worse that I should be griefed with snowballs in game as a consequence of my feelings on them.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

People seem to be taking this as if I'm crazy crazy upset about it. I mean it's annoying, but it's not like I can't live with it, I was simply curious when I'd be done with them. But people wanna jump down my throat about it anyways. Just really gets me down how you aren't allowed to have questions these days without it devolving into an attack.

And yeah, I know it's ending now, I was pleased to hear it and considered that the end of the discussion really, not my fault people kept replying to me about it to say I shouldn't feel how I feel, or even worse that I should be griefed with snowballs in game as a consequence of my feelings on them.

I get it :) I feel the same way about that freaking Rakgoul plague week that we seem to have every 3rd week...it's irritating because I need to keep an anti-viral kit in my inventory and that space is precious to me :mad:

To be fair, your concerns sound eminently justifiable compared to this guy:

I ban them in any operation I lead. If I see a snowball debuff go out, the raid ends immediately, regardless if we haven't pulled the 1st boss, or if we're on the last boss.. So I understand the OP 100%.

As someone else asked, tell us the name of your guild so we can avoid it.

I get it :) I feel the same way about that freaking Rakgoul plague week that we seem to have every 3rd week...it's irritating because I need to keep an anti-viral kit in my inventory and that space is precious to me :mad:

Speaking of the Rakghoul plague, an infected player (not part of the group) ran into the middle of an Ossus world boss fight (the bug one) and died on purpose, giving almost the entire raid group the plague, causing their actions to be interrupted every few seconds as a part of the stage 1 infection.

Yeah, I find it the same level of irritating. But again, I'm not too annoyed about it.

To be fair, your concerns sound eminently justifiable compared to this guy:

As someone else asked, tell us the name of your guild so we can avoid it.

Gotta say, I thought his post was a little overkill myself too, but each to their own. I don't feel the need to ridicule him for it, because at the end of the day whoever he's raiding with can leave if they don't like his way of operating I guess.

My suggestion, leave the debuff on. People won't toss a snowball on you if you have the debuff already. They'll get no Snow covered parcels if they do toss a snowball on a player who already has a debuff.

Also Hide in your SH as much as possible.

Incorrect. The buff being on or off doesn't matter whether you get a parcel or not. I've gotten plenty from tagging people with the buff on. Random is random.

Incorrect. The buff being on or off doesn't matter whether you get a parcel or not. I've gotten plenty from tagging people with the buff on. Random is random.

I have read in game about the snowballs tho that it is supposed to be only from people who havent been dusted already right? So is it a glitch that anyone can reward it?

I have read in game about the snowballs tho that it is supposed to be only from people who havent been dusted already right? So is it a glitch that anyone can reward it?

It depends. There's two [well, three] types of buffs, the black and the green one. If the green one is lit, and you throw a snowball, you can get a parcel. AFAIK you can't get a parcel if you throw a regular snowball while the black buff is on.

idk why that guy calls them a debuff though. Debuffs are things that harm you.

You can't get a parcel if the last snowball was YOURS (you can tell cuz it's outlined in yellow if it's yours) - if it's someone else's snowball buff, you CAN get a parcel. Usually it's like a 2min buff, but if I throw one one you and then someone else throws one on you, I can fire another snowball on cooldown (cooldown of the skill, not the buff) and get a parcel from you again.

My suggestion, leave the debuff on. People won't toss a snowball on you if you have the debuff already. They'll get no Snow covered parcels if they do toss a snowball on a player who already has a debuff.

Also Hide in your SH as much as possible.

People still get the parcels wether you have the debuff or not, they changed it a couple of years ago. You can get the parcels from nearly anything you can click on, enemies, friends, npc's, dead bodies, lots of fun...lol

I think the Life Day event and the usage of the snowballs should be confined to the fleet and Nar Shaddaa. Perhaps the capital planets, too.

But it's completely silly to get hit with snowballs while questing in the deserts of Tatooine. Breaking the immersion so someone else can collect useless trinkets? Uh, how about no?