Why can't I do the Taris Bonus Series?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If you get all of the legacy leveling perks then that puts you right around 12x of base. If you have the victorious pioneer armor set, then you'll be over the 12%. Not to mention all of the xp boosts that drop like candy that can be maintained constantly until level 70. I still have a lot of those, leftover, on several characters.

Ask yourself this: Who are the bigger morons?

A) The ones that suggested it.

Or

B) The ones that implemented it?

And keep in mind who we're talking about here (the forum's vocal minority and BW). :rolleyes:

Definitely the ones who implemented it :rolleyes: Idiots...

It's so irritating that they hid so many missions. I didn't know about the map toggle when I first started playing, so my first couple of toons missed so many quests. I went back and did them later, but doing them out of their linear/planetary order was so weird.

I wish that they had made that toggle work the reverse way, ie, made those missions visible by default, and if someone really didn't want to see all the gold triangles, they could check a box to hide them.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Definitely the ones who implemented it :rolleyes: Idiots...

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Either way BW loses eh :rolleyes:

In seriousness the only way to have made everyone happy was when after you start a character, have a pop up either after the intro or during character creation about having Exploration missions turned on or off with an explanation of what they are.

Edited by Nightblazer

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Either way BW loses eh :rolleyes:

Well, obviously. I mean anything they do will have at LEAST one whiner. And they are always the most vocal. But it doesn't mean you respond to a silly request like that. The least they could have done is do a proper forum poll where every user can vote once. Instead of just seeing 10 people say they want something and deciding those 10 people speak for the playerbase at large.

Not sure why they don't post polls to get the communities opinion more. Not as if F2P accounts can post here and use VPN to create a ton of accounts and vote a ton of times or the like. Seems to me how you would best get the opinions of the playerbase at large. Or at least the Sub playerbase.

As far as prefs needing to do the exploration missions to stay ahead...not really. If they do the class and planet chain-quests, they're fine. If they use xp boosts, they need never do another exploration mission after the starter planet.

The exploration missions are really only useful if you skip a couple planets worth of quests to do just the class story, or if you're using the White Acute Mod, which is what I usually do when I'm not subbing.

The good thing about the bonus missions was that they gave you a 3h xp boost when you finished it, which was essential during the 2.0 days when most missions didn't hand them out, and leveling was slower. It was stupid of BW to put the missions out of sync with leveling, but tbh, many of them weren't very good. Despite the fanfare by each of the questgivers that you're doing something essential to secure your faction's interests on the planet, the individual missions were mostly meaningless fetch quests. I remember Voss' BS being particularly painful.

Just a little warning: Should you start the Taris bonus series now, you might get stuck if you have accidentally already done some of the missions you will have to do. Then again, those are most likely exploratory missions, so you didn't see them on your map before and should be in the clear.

There have been plenty of threads about this issue. Same on other planets (e. g. Balmorra).

What caught me up was the fact Imperial side Balmorra has a bonus series and it DOES show up as purple so far as I remember, because I have run across it multiple times before and I'm 90% sure it was :/ Just naturally assumed this would too. How silly of me to think this game could make sense :rolleyes:

Oh, the devs have always favoured the imperial side, how can you be surprised ?

Well, obviously. I mean anything they do will have at LEAST one whiner. And they are always the most vocal. But it doesn't mean you respond to a silly request like that. The least they could have done is do a proper forum poll where every user can vote once. Instead of just seeing 10 people say they want something and deciding those 10 people speak for the playerbase at large.

Not sure why they don't post polls to get the communities opinion more. Not as if F2P accounts can post here and use VPN to create a ton of accounts and vote a ton of times or the like. Seems to me how you would best get the opinions of the playerbase at large. Or at least the Sub playerbase.

That's the thing though, it wasn't a request. I guess you weren't here at that time, but there wasn't the usual rant/rage threads with demands. They saw how popular the summer of 12x was and with an expansion coming with a level increase (this was the summer before 4,0) they consolidated to make getting to the new expansion levels faster. All MMOs do it when they age. So there's no vocal minority to blame this time.

That's the thing though, it wasn't a request. I guess you weren't here at that time, but there wasn't the usual rant/rage threads with demands. They saw how popular the summer of 12x was and with an expansion coming with a level increase (this was the summer before 4,0) they consolidated to make getting to the new expansion levels faster. All MMOs do it when they age. So there's no vocal minority to blame this time.

They didn't request this change specifically, but they did request that leveling be sped up a bit, and that 2XP remain on all the time. What they should have done in the latter case was create a boost item just like the WAM, something you'd pay a credit for and be BoL, that would double xp gains for 8 hours, but could be toggled off. What we got was double xp [or higher] baked into the game, and side-missions turned off by default. Definitely, no one asked for that, and it puzzles me to this day because BW loves to reuse old content.

Wow, seriously? No wonder I have missed out on so many of them. I would simply love to hear an explanation from the devs on this one. Absolutely no valid reason to have done this.

It’s one of their more stupid moves in the last few years. I’ve asked over and over again for them to change it back, but it falls on deaf ears. Then every 6 months another one of these threads appears again and every tells them how dumb it is. They just do what they normally do, ignore it.

They didn't request this change specifically, but they did request that leveling be sped up a bit, and that 2XP remain on all the time. What they should have done in the latter case was create a boost item just like the WAM, something you'd pay a credit for and be BoL, that would double xp gains for 8 hours, but could be toggled off. What we got was double xp [or higher] baked into the game, and side-missions turned off by default. Definitely, no one asked for that, and it puzzles me to this day because BW loves to reuse old content.

That reminds me. I was a bit wrong: we did get a few rant threads. People whined about leveling too fast and wanted to turn it off so we eventually got the WAM. But we mostly got threads enjoying 12x.

That reminds me. I was a bit wrong: we did get a few rant threads. People whined about leveling too fast and wanted to turn it off so we eventually got the WAM. But we mostly got threads enjoying 12x.

They could have easily used the free gree relic to slow the pace.

Or Bioware could have a pop up telling people they can disable those extra missions. They should never be off by default.