Nearly a month since I sent in my ticket via email. This is unacceptable.

Talon_strikes

I sent a report via email on Dec 13, 2018 that has yet to be answered. I understand Nov and Dec are holiday months, but you guys shouldn't be backlogged this badly, nor shouldn't cs be on break as long as they are. I'm reporting players that have clearly violated the ToS and it's going to take weeks before my reports are even looked at, never mind investigated. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Edit: Before anyone else misinterprets the intention of this thread, all I'm saying is that this extreme extended que on ticket responses due to 2 days in November and December is unacceptable.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Sorry but this sounds ridiculous what do you think will happen?

"Hey Chris, That report you sent we have silenced the person under the evidence provided. Thanks CS."

They clearly state when you report stuff to them that they can not discuss reporting procedures with the reporter.

Meaning you make the claim and on your way not you make the claim and await for the verdict.

The only people involved who know the outcome is the person reported and the CS dealing with the case, However you will not get any information presented to you via CS on the case. So your best bet is befriend the person you reported and ask them.

Edited by DarthSealth

I sent a report via email on Dec 13, 2018 that has yet to be answered. I understand Nov and Dec are holiday months, but you guys shouldn't be backlogged this badly, nor shouldn't cs be on break as long as they are. I'm reporting players that have clearly violated the ToS and it's going to take weeks before my reports are even looked at, never mind investigated. This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

BioWare isn't going to communicate with you involving reports of other players. They aren't going to ask you for your input on what you think an acceptable punishment should be, they aren't going to tell you what they did (if anything) to the player. They aren't even going to ask you for additional information (they can get that on their end if they need it). 99.9999999999% of the time, they aren't even going to thank you for your report, or acknowledge it in any way.

What were you expecting? A gold star?

Sorry but this sounds ridiculous what do you think will happen?

"Hey Chris, That report you sent we have silenced the person under the evidence provided. Thanks CS."

They clearly state when you report stuff to them that they can not discuss reporting procedures with the reporter.

Meaning you make the claim and on your way not you make the claim and await for the verdict.

The only people involved who know the outcome is the person reported and the CS dealing with the case, However you will not get any information presented to you via CS on the case. So your best bet is befriend the person you reported and ask them.

Lolwat? Your response made absolutely no sense. I know the ToS team doesn't tell you what happens to the user reported, if anything happens at all, but they do send you emails confirming they received your ticket/email. I've also gotten people personally banned due to my reporting, so there's that too. Reports do work. All I'm saying is that this extreme extended que on ticket responses due to 2 days in November and December is unacceptable.

Edited by Talon_strikes

BioWare isn't going to communicate with you involving reports of other players. They aren't going to ask you for your input on what you think an acceptable punishment should be, they aren't going to tell you what they did (if anything) to the player. They aren't even going to ask you for additional information (they can get that on their end if they need it). 99.9999999999% of the time, they aren't even going to thank you for your report, or acknowledge it in any way.

What were you expecting? A gold star?

Obviously you misread my OP. Read the response above. :rolleyes:

So because you never got a confirmation message which is an automated response you assume what I posted which another replied with makes no sense? I am completely puzzled.

Also the Pop-Up that confirms your ticket has been sent is only In-Game. Not via Email they hold no obligations to send you an automated message to let you know your ticket via email has been received.

Edited by DarthSealth

So because you never got a confirmation message which is an automated response you assume what I posted which another replied with makes no sense? I am completely puzzled.

Also the Pop-Up that confirms your ticket has been sent is only In-Game. Not via Email they hold no obligations to send you an automated message to let you know your ticket via email has been received.

You are 100% incorrect. When you send them emails they also reply with confirmation messages. I have plenty of responses from email tickets. :rolleyes:

And yes, your response made no sense because you misunderstood the premise of my OP. It's about these insane long wait times on ticket responses due to the holidays, not about confirming whether or not a player has been sanctioned - which BW has never done and never will.

Edited by Talon_strikes

Well guess what you can't report people through email. I am sure the email is reserved for account or subscription issues.

However your bait has failed with your post being reported, I hope many others do the same.

LMAO what? Well enjoy reporting my thread. It doesn't violate any of the forum rules and just because YOU deem it trolling, doesn't mean it is. Can't wait to see my thread still standing, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Now please stop responding and trying to derail my thread. :)

Edited by Talon_strikes

Look at what the CS email is for, you have made a bogus claim that clearly doesn't stand true as if you deserve any response because of your ticket that you've sent via Email. As I have stated I don't do enough reporting or creating tickets but a ticket that is confirmed or replied to via Email has to be a ticket within the categories of what the Email department deals with.

Look at what the CS email is for, you have made a bogus claim that clearly doesn't stand true as if you deserve any response because of your ticket that you've sent via Email. As I have stated I don't do enough reporting or creating tickets but a ticket that is confirmed or replied to via Email has to be a ticket within the categories of what the Email department deals with.

I'm not going to ask you again. Please stop trying to derail my thread.

So currently we're at you sent a ticket reporting another player via Email as if there is such thing.

Jump off the bandwagon hype. Trying to slaughter CS for issues that they didn't create, we bash them for everything as if everything was their problem and yet they will fix most problems.

I agree with slaughtering the Developers and people at the top but however you look at this post and the claim you make, makes no sense to the point of a silly excuse for bait/bashing.

If this problem is a real problem or issue why not PM Eric or Keith if it's that serious.

Edit: Before anyone else misinterprets the intention of this thread, all I'm saying is that this extreme extended que on ticket responses due to 2 days in November and December is unacceptable.

Is that all you are concerned about, that they didn't send an automated reply back? As you said yourself: the end of year holidays were in effect and bioware are out from mid-late december to early janurary. Besides that, they are under no obligation to send you anything if they don't want to and you are under no obligation to wait around or get angry because of it.

To keep this from turning deconstructive, move on and keep playing your game as there is nothing else you can do.

Edited by Celise

Well guess what you can't report people through email. I am sure the email is reserved for account or subscription issues.

However your bait has failed with your post being reported, I hope many others do the same.

Email support isn't for account issues because Bioware will never use such thing. For Account issues it goes by phone, it will always be done by phone.

LMAO what? Well enjoy reporting my thread. It doesn't violate any of the forum rules and just because YOU deem it trolling, doesn't mean it is. Can't wait to see my thread still standing, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Now please stop responding and trying to derail my thread. :)

I moderate elsewhere and i already see plenty enough wrong, but i don't intend to say much more because to say more would be doing the same as yourself, backseat moderating.

Not that my post has much constructive in it either, so yeah i agree: drop the issue.

Email support isn't for account issues because Bioware will never use such thing. For Account issues it goes by phone, it will always be done by phone.

I always thought Email support was for such until they need you to speak over phone to verify (account protection) back in the day I remember them claiming it was only used for such, you'd send over your issues give them enough evidence to pile through and then they would contact back with please contact us on so and so to verify its your account then proceed ahead. They use to state (They can't solve in-game issues via Phone/Email) which makes email redundant if the rest they can only do is by phone?

I am for sure that reporting players can't be done via Email because even F2P/Preferred can report via in-game.

However I am not up to speed with it as they're constantly changing their support system.

Edited by DarthSealth

I always thought Email support was for such until they need you to speak over phone to verify (account protection) back in the day I remember them claiming it was only used for such, you'd send over your issues give them enough evidence to pile through and then they would contact back with please contact us on so and so to verify its your account then proceed ahead. They use to state (They can't solve in-game issues via Phone/Email) which makes email redundant if the rest they can only do is by phone?

I am for sure that reporting players can't be done via Email because even F2P/Preferred can report via in-game.

However I am not up to speed with it as they're constantly changing their support system.

you can report players by email and general inquiries as well, but account issues aren't done by email because in order for the customer service team member to access the account, you'd need your details and from there they can help out.

so long as you describe your situation clearly enough, it shouldn't take too long to help out by phone.

you can report players by email and general inquiries as well, but account issues aren't done by email because in order for the customer service team member to access the account, you'd need your details and from there they can help out.

so long as you describe your situation clearly enough, it shouldn't take too long to help out by phone.

Well I'd be damned I wouldn't have thought reporting a player would be under their Jurisdiction since technically it falls under In-Game this is where it would be handy if they made a post with the updated methods and uses.

I moderate elsewhere and i already see plenty enough wrong, but i don't intend to say much more because to say more would be doing the same as yourself, backseat moderating.

Not that my post has much constructive in it either, so yeah i agree: drop the issue.

That user I was responding to who keeps trying to derail my thread, after being told twice to stop responding, is actually the one backseat moderating. And I suggest you stop posting in my thread if you're going to be condescending as well and have nothing constructive to add. :rolleyes:

I've pointed it out, and now I'm doing it again. I made this thread because it is ridiculous and unacceptable how backlogged the ticket que is, and how long it's going to take for players' queries to be responded to simply due to 2 days in Nov and Dec.

Edited by Talon_strikes

And I suggest you stop posting in my thread if you're going to be condescending as well and have nothing constructive to add. :rolleyes:

This thread, both the OP and the responses, is an excellent example of why people avoid the forums. Not the complaining, or the negativity, but the silly drama and 'trolling' over non-issues.

I wonder what exactly is so important to you - that they reply/acknowledge, or that they act?

How critical is the ToS violation? Severe harassment? Game-breaking cheating? Copyrighted character name? Does it require immediate attention? If not, remember we didn't just have holidays but also two game patches which produced a lot of bugs that affect the actual game progress of many players, whose tickets/issues will likely take priority over a non-critical ToS violation.

If it's anything requiring immediate attention, email is likely not the best way. (If screenshots are required, I open an in-game ticket first, to get a ticket number, then send an email with that ticket number in subject line.) For harassment there's an in-game reporting feature that raises the appropriate flags in the system, as is for a variety of other ToS violations. The In-game system pre-sorts and categorizes tickets while those arriving via email most likely have to be sorted manually, especially when the respective keywords are missing or misleading.

This thread, both the OP and the responses, is an excellent example of why people avoid the forums. Not the complaining, or the negativity, but the silly drama and 'trolling' over non-issues.

Thanks for your opinion but it was unnecessary as it's off-topic to the premise of my thread. Besides, if anyone is going to attack me for no good reason at all, I'm going to bite back.

I wonder what exactly is so important to you - that they reply/acknowledge, or that they act?

How critical is the ToS violation? Severe harassment? Game-breaking cheating? Copyrighted character name? Does it require immediate attention? If not, remember we didn't just have holidays but also two game patches which produced a lot of bugs that affect the actual game progress of many players, whose tickets/issues will likely take priority over a non-critical ToS violation.

If it's anything requiring immediate attention, email is likely not the best way. (If screenshots are required, I open an in-game ticket first, to get a ticket number, then send an email with that ticket number in subject line.) For harassment there's an in-game reporting feature that raises the appropriate flags in the system, as is for a variety of other ToS violations. The In-game system pre-sorts and categorizes tickets while those arriving via email most likely have to be sorted manually, especially when the respective keywords are missing or misleading.

So you agree that this inflated wait time is ridiculous? As you said yourself, the devs also introduced 2 patches right before their super extended vacation. That was also ridiculous and unacceptable, but that's a discussion for another time.